The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Brenderup Owners - What's Going on With Replacement Floors?

I have a call into Traveled Lane since oh, LAST YEAR, about a replacement floor for my Brenderup Royal TC. They were looking into getting them manufactured from another European trailer dealer. I'm getting to the point where this thing needs to be replaced for my own piece of mind. Does anyone know anything about this arrangement they're working on? It seems that they're the only ones trying to come up with a solution for a one piece floor. I would really like to try to get this floor replaced with something low/no maintenance and rot-proof. I have gotten good life out of this original floor (it's a 1994) but clearly it's time to replace it.

1 members found this post helpful.

I believe Mountain Top Trailer Sales in NH is the new Brenderup parts dealer. Give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    I believe Mountain Top Trailer Sales in NH is the new Brenderup parts dealer. Give them a call.
    I have. They do not have floors and refer me back to Traveled Lane.

There was a thread with a phone number for someone who allegedly was able to get B'up parts recently, do a search. I'm the disbeliever who gave up and had a Rumber floor put in my B'up this spring--and it cost less and will last longer than the original floor. Oh, you could try Pam at Fox Hunt Trailers in WI too, she was supposed to bring some floors over from Europe this spring.

2 members found this post helpful.

Jon at TL told me he was working on the idea of using the Fautras flooring material for replacement Brenderup floors. That was last December when I had that conversation, so I don't know the status of the initiative. You mentioned you put a call in "last year"...have you followed up with them?

The last follow up was in September and they confirmed my name and number are on the "list" and I will be contacted if/when anything ever comes of the deal with Fautras.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTBs View Post
    There was a thread with a phone number for someone who allegedly was able to get B'up parts recently, do a search. I'm the disbeliever who gave up and had a Rumber floor put in my B'up this spring--and it cost less and will last longer than the original floor. Oh, you could try Pam at Fox Hunt Trailers in WI too, she was supposed to bring some floors over from Europe this spring.
    Do you mind if I ask who did your rumber floor? What modifications did you have to do to make it safe? Do you have any pictures?

OTTB, I'd be interested to know who did your rumber floor too. My 2000 Brenderup's floor is still looking great, but when I get it replaced, I'd be interested in doing a rumber floor.

I could probably take some pictures. It was done in Sycamore, IL, can't remember the name of the place. They added some extra supports.
    I had started to consider the Rumber when someone on COTH sent me an email about how he'd put Rumber in a B'up and it wasn't that big of a deal. I did have to have the place redo the way they'd reattached the ramp though, as the top "door" wouldn't close. Since the Rumber was thicker than the original floor, it made the ramp and door higher than they had been.

Oahu, Hawaii until we return to the Appling, Ga farm.

I bought an older 92 model, which is for the most part in great condition...but I too was leery of the floor and needed piece of mind too. Not knowing you had to replace the floor with a special floor, we did what we figured was reasonable....bought two sheets of 2 inch thick marine grade plywood. Cost us about 140 bucks, but it was easy to cut and fit in....we just screwed it down, then coated with auto undercarriage spray, which gave it a rubbery top coat. I put my mats over that. So far, so good! I have hauled several times. I am going to PM you, OP, about your trailer, because I need to exchange ideas with an older brenderup owner...as everyone seems to have the newer models. Ours sound like antiques, and I have had to get creative in how I replace things but am worried about other parts.
    "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

I am a Fautras dealer. As of right now, the Fautras floor material can't be used in a Brenderup unless you reinforce the floor. If you can find someone who can do it with Rumber, they'll have to reinforce the floor as well, it won't be one piece, and you'll have to still remove mats to clean (the Fautras trailers have mats that never need to be removed and a lifetime warranty on the floor).

I'd love to have a solution for you, but we don't yet!

Gena Ram
    European Equestrian Trailers
    Apex, NC
    919 272 6051