The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Since Ariat refused to answer my question (boot size question)

After a frustrating and useless call to Ariat customer service, where I was told they couldn't answer my very simple question, I'm turning to CoTH (and never buying new Ariats again).

I need to know the foot length of a woman's english boot in a size 9, 9.5, or 10. I currently own a pair of Ariat tall boots, but the size isn't marked anywhere on the boot. I can't go try on boots, there isn't a retailer less then a 3 hour drive from my house, and I am looking at several used pairs on ebay and craigslist. I was told by Ariat that they don't have the measurements for the foot size if any of there boots written down anywhere, and they can't give them to me.

I know approximately what size I wear, so if someone can measure the length from heel to toe in their boots I would really appreciate it.

Like sizing for everything, from every company, it's going to vary from company to company and from style to style.

Why not measure the ones you already have, instead of asking COTHers to do the same? The general/standard/average inches measurement for women's shoe sizes is easily found through Google.

I went down a half size in my Ariat paddocks and tall boots. With my tall boots (Monacos), I can't wear thick socks, but I can still layer up my socks with my paddocks. Generally, I've found you might want to go down half a size, but it also depends on what you'll be wearing them with.

Have you considered ordering boots from Smartpak? They do free returns on sized items, and I would think that boots would fall under this.
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping

I can't help you as I don't have any in those sizes, but most decent sellers on ebay or craigslist will be willing to help you with measurements for what they are selling. You can compare those measurements to the boots you have that fit. Also might be a good idea as some styles of Ariat boots, I have found, run very different in sizing. I can generally wear a size 7 in most women's shoes, but in Ariat, I will wear a 7 in some styles and 6.5 in others.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    I can't help you as I don't have any in those sizes, but most decent sellers on ebay or craigslist will be willing to help you with measurements for what they are selling. You can compare those measurements to the boots you have that fit. Also might be a good idea as some styles of Ariat boots, I have found, run very different in sizing. I can generally wear a size 7 in most women's shoes, but in Ariat, I will wear a 7 in some styles and 6.5 in others.
    I hadn't considered different models running differently in size. That's a good point, especially as my pair is almost 10 years old.

I'll ask the sellers to measure their boots.