The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Honestly?? I'd say Why. But that's just me LOL
    Why what? Sorry... don't understand.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

"Men" can be met anywhere. Start at the 7-11.

"Suitable Men" apparently can only be met in Jane Austen novels. Via arranged marriages.

@Lady Eboshi: WHOA!!!! Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy didn't have an arranged marriage and neither did Jane and Mr. Bingley. Quite the opposite!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

I can't imagine ruling someone out for simply having a roommate of the opposite sex if they credibly tell me there's not a romantic connection. If they're not open-minded enough on that, they're probably not going to be open-minded enough to accept many other facets of my personality/lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie4Bar View Post
    Or maybe geographical. I'm 32... hardly old....So that's the perspective from which I commented. There are men out there who will rule a girl out for a male roommate and vice versa.
    Geographical/cultural makes sense. I've lived in large cities all across the country and find it fairly common for people college through early 40's to live in mixed households w/o any romantic involvement, especially if there's a decent-sized GLBT population.
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

I have read all these posts ladies and have to tell you great ideas.
    A hobby where you will meet men is great. Heck walk around Lowes with a cart and look lost even though you have the store memorized. haha

I was single for a while and I too went on a few dating sites.
    Don't give up! I met my husband on Match and he rides. Married happily now going on many years. Have someone look at your profile. It is all about marketing yourself. Read some other ladies profiles on other side of the country and see what they write. Sometimes we give to much information. A little mystery for the first phone call and date if the calls goes well. Also take a break I was on there a while before I got the hang of it. I talked to quite a few via email and then phone that I never wanted to meet. I seriously only met about half dozen men on there. And if the guys asks for a photo of your feet. Stay clear. haha

The neighbor.. Don't wait to long to make that man a baked chicken dinner with all the trimmings. Or if you don't want to go there yet..buy him his favorite beer to thank him or something. If you don't know ask one day.

No man helps a woman chase horses through the mud and feeds for you unless he likes you.

Good luck and don't get discouraged. Sometimes you need me time before you do we time.

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh and practice just smiling at anyone you see! Opens you up! Smile makes people wonder what you are up too. hehe

tle. I've met you and I dont know why you would have a problem meeting men.
    Your pretty, a wounderful preson, a bubbley personality, fun to be around, a contagous smile etc.
    I say go for it. This man obviously likes you, heck he chased down your horses and went hither and yon to get them where they are supposed to be WITH YOU. There was a huge hint in front of your eyes.
    take the hint girl and go for it, make a nice dinner for him after a beer and seeing as the night are sooner you can say something like "well as it is late why dont I just fix you dinner as I kept you here so long." if you dont know what to say.

Waiting to hear of the fab. date you had.
    Friend of bar .ka

4 members found this post helpful.

Aw, bumknees, thank you for the compliments!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

I 4th (or whatever) telling neighbor that you owe him a nice home made dinner, and ask him what his favorite meal is.

I had totally given up on dating and had been celibate and happy by myself for years. Told the girls at my barn that my only criteria for a man was that he be a GOOD, caring person. One night we were all out eating burgers and having drinks, and one of my barn friends said "Oh, hey, if you want to meet a REALLY nice man I've got to introduce you to that guy over there." Relatively short, relatively chunky, and bald. He had talked her out of cheating on her husband during a rough patch.

LOVE my husband!!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

3 members found this post helpful.

oh that's a super story oliverreed!

@ Oliverreed: so you married the guy your friend introduced you to??
    That's awesome.

Default Did it

Last night I finally swallowed my fear and texted nice neighbor. Told him I had picked up 2 bottles of wine by a favorite winery (that I had mentioned in a conversation a week or so ago when we talked wine) and asked if he would like to share a glass or 2 sometime this week/weekend. He said "Sure. Maybe this weekend? Hoping to take advantage of weather and get everything ready for winter so Dad's might have to wait another week." Not 100% sure what that means, but I assume he was planning to go to his Dad's place in TN this weekend. He hadn't said anything but just piecing together other bits of info from other conversations (his dad passed last month).

But either way... that's a good start, right?

5 members found this post helpful.

Good job!!!
    Quarry Rat

That's a great start! *Applause*
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Now what for dinner?
    Friend of bar .ka

I suggest roasting a chicken with veggies...
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    Last night I finally swallowed my fear and texted nice neighbor. Told him I had picked up 2 bottles of wine by a favorite winery (that I had mentioned in a conversation a week or so ago when we talked wine) and asked if he would like to share a glass or 2 sometime this week/weekend. He said "Sure. Maybe this weekend? Hoping to take advantage of weather and get everything ready for winter so Dad's might have to wait another week." Not 100% sure what that means, but I assume he was planning to go to his Dad's place in TN this weekend. He hadn't said anything but just piecing together other bits of info from other conversations (his dad passed last month).

But either way... that's a good start, right?
    Yay!!! It sounds to me that he is putting of whatever he was planning to do so he can have the wine with you this weekend. Very good sign indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosey_2003 View Post
    I suggest roasting a chicken with veggies...
    Stuffed with lemons? What magazine had that recipe and called it 'engagement chicken?'

1 members found this post helpful.

Haha! I didn't know that, but yeah, engagement chicken!!!
    Quarry Rat

Well, good for you for taking a chance, although my gut says it is more of a "friend" type of response than an "I'm interested in dating" kind of one - hard to judge when I wasn't there - just going from your description - but I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this one. Maybe Lex will chime in and give us the male perspective. Please keep us updated... and cook the chicken just in case!