The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default missing USDF Results

Can someone explain how this happens?

Competitor showed two different horses in the same two classes at a USEF/USDF show. Fox Village shows her results for both horses. USEF shows her results for both horses. But USDF only shows her results for one horse. She actually earned better scores and placed higher with the horse whose results are missing from the USDF database.

This happened with four different classes, and on two different days - results for one horse are on Fox Village, USEF and USDF. But results from the other horse are only on Fox Village and USEF - not on USDF.

Also, the USDF results for each class list every competitor in the classes except for this particular horse - IOW, the horse placed 1st in one class with a 73.75%, but the USDF results for that class only start with the 2nd placed horse. Ditto for all the other classes.

Can someone shed some light on what causes these types of issues?

You would have to take it up with USDF.

i could guess that maybe there was an issue with the horse's USDF number that caused it to not be picked up from the results.

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thanks, just thought I would check here while we are waiting for an answer from USDF. I am guessing it is an issue with the USDF number, but owner says that shouldn't be the case. We are still investigating...

maybe one ride was HC?
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

I had an issue at a show this summer, I rode my own horse and my friend's horse. The show secretary used my member numbers for both horses, I contacted her before the show and alerted her of the mistake, but she did not correct it. After the show I made sure I checked the scores and sure enough, my horse's scores were there, but my friend's horse's were not. Just a few emails to USDF corrected the problem. I was quite pleased and impressed with their speed in correcting the issue. Needless to say I was quite annoyed with the show secretary for not taking the correct numbers off of the entry form, and for not correcting the problem after I alerted her about it.

I had something similar happen to us and it also turned out to be a mistake that occurred at the "show level".

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by baylady7 View Post
    maybe one ride was HC?
    It was actually FOUR rides with that particular horse - 2 rides on Sat and 2 rides on Sun. And none of them were HC.

Still not sure what happened - owner was going to get in touch with USDF, so hopefully we will get an answer soon.

I hope it works out for you, the USDF site specified all queries needed to be made before (whenever it was) and that as of now, all scores are final. Would this influence any year end awards for 2012?