The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    And I'm a rec.eq veteran; thumbs up and down don't scare me a bit.
    yep....this place has never ridden waves like that bad boy did :>
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderFarm View Post
    I've been off-line a couple days due to the hurricane. Did Hurricane Sandy cause this damage?
    This deserves 2 thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Or is being the Most Appreciated Poster a reward unto itself?

And darn... you cannot Appreciate yourself
    whatever will the alters and houseguests do ?
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Really, really don't like the red 'unread'. Could that change maybe?
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Not liking the sparse look everything has- looks much less welcoming- but am assuming there will be tweaks to the design and looking forward to those : ) I really like the addition of the appreciate buttons- very cool.

Default Like!

So far I like it, I can read it more easily although I am not sure why that is. I also Like the thumbs up/down feature a whole lot.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Dont like it at all....but I don't like change of any sort...lol
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Bring back User CP button! I went there first to check up on threads I was following. I know I can check under Quick Links, but it shows ALL subscribed threads, not just those with new posts. Otherwise, I like it fine so far (no annoying pop-ups!).
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Not liking it at all thus far.
    Particularly that damned red crap.

Almost regret renewing the premium membership just before this all happened.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

not liking this one bit- dont think its very proffessional, hopefully though the adverts have gone

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Pittman View Post
    Bring back User CP button! I went there first to check up on threads I was following. I know I can check under Quick Links, but it shows ALL subscribed threads, not just those with new posts. Otherwise, I like it fine so far (no annoying pop-ups!).
    It's there - it's just called Settings

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Ackkk... I just got another notification that I was "BAD" for posting that I wasn't keen on the new format. That's all I said. Geez.

I'm guessing I'll cancel COTH because of this. Sad. I've been a member for such a long time....PM's were much better.
    I really, really hope you don't leave over that I think it's a sad state when someone would click dislike because you had an opinion and stated it nicely. People need to get a life, and we sure don't need them to win by driving away someone as good as you

The other board with similar features only has "like", just like that, mimicking FB I guess. It's nice in a way to see who liked what you wrote without everyone having to say "I like what you wrote" or "I agree" LOL But meh, we sure don't NEED it, and I'd just as soon see both of them go as stay.

COTH Forums were exactly like Citydata Forums. I hope Citydata doesn't change. It is almost as addicting as COTH.

Who remembers when the board looked like THIS?

Ah, I miss those days.

2 members found this post helpful.

is anyone having trouble with the search function? i am trying to pull up threads on a particular type of feed and i *know* there were numerous threads on it...but now i can't find any of them! for some reason the search results are pulling up two threads dating from, say, 2007 or so. ???

Hey All ~

Sorry for being non-responsive thus far...Sandy sure can screw with a upgrade game plan!

We're going to close this thread a direct everyone to the threads in the Help forum, so we can track input and make changes more easily. We will be reviewing this thread more closely for your input as well, but it's tough to follow and respond to multiple input threads, so we'd like to keep it limited to at least one forum!

Just a couple of quickies before I pass out:

The eye-scalding red font WILL be changed. It was supposed to be fixed after we saw it during beta testing, so we had some sort of mix-up there. The post reply button at the bottom of the screen has been touchy and we've been working to fix that, along with some of the format issues.

Now that I'm back online, I've done a quick review of the input threads I've found and have touched base with the developers to see where we are and to get on the same page.

The upgrade was absolutely necessary as we were several software versions behind on the forums' platform and it was affecting functionality. We have been and will continue to work to make the site feel familiar and comfortable but there are a lot of default differences between software versions, so things are never going to be exactly the same.

The back button issue was something that had cropped up recently for some users on the old site and we were waiting to see if it persisted after the upgrade. That's apparently the case, so we'll be looking into it.

Our Search feature did not work particularly well on the old site. That's something we want to improve, but we wanted to get the new site up and running, so we could see how the new version worked before reinventing the wheel. We're going to look into the chronology issues with search results.

User CP is now Settings. You can access your PM box for old messages there. You'll receive a notice of new PMs under Notifications in the Welcome, User area in the upper right. Click on Notifications and you'll have access to links for new PMs and new like/dislike notices on your posts.

The thumbs down is a trial. We could see it being a positive or negative thing, so we figured we'd implement it and see how it went over after you had a chance to use it for a while. We can also tweak the wording. I actually suggested "appreciate" as a possible alternative to "helpful" but thought it might be too "highfalutin" but we just went with it.

Please check into the Help forum if you'd like to provide more feedback after we get a chance to process and address the glitches and issues that we can.

Appreciate your support and feedback!
    Mod 1

14 members found this post helpful.