The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I don't find the font too terrible - noted things were damnedably small on the main forums page but when I opened a forum, it wasn't all that bad for size. The red stuff is a tad annoying but I am getting used to it. What I REALLY loathe is the new navigation drop down - it is clunky and awkward, a general PITA and makes it as tough to navigate through the forums as it is at another board I visit. I also don't much like that splash of yellow that says auto save. I got used to the first two things pretty quickly but I know how well I am going to deal with the stupid auto-save and the new dropdown navigation menu: not well at all
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Same problem with "Reply" button at the bottom.

The format's different, but not enough to get worked up over.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    Actually, I'm kind of amazed they are tryign to sell an F150 to a bunch of people who most likely have 350's What is it, an "around town" truck?
    That's what I said lol! Yesterday Mike Rowe tried to tell me all about how heavy duty the F150 was and I just laughed and laughed-I wouldn't even use it to haul my empty 2 horse to the tire center lol!
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashela View Post
    Glad you mentioned the back button thing. I thought it was just me. Thats super annoying.
    Same here- I thought it was just my computer!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_pony View Post
    Loving the "like" button!!
    I don't love the new format either, but again I yelled at Facebook each time they changed format and always got used to it.... so I guess this one will grow on me as well. What's with the red text though? That's pretty weird, kind of like the text needs to be corrected or something...
    exactly what I was thinking. And as others have said, I'll get used to it.

and we have for quick reply! I am diggin' that!

funny though, I can't use the 'post reply' button.

who cares! we have in the quick reply!!!

but we cant "like" our own posts

LOOK throw up Icon!!

Haha. someone gave me a thumbs down for my post on this thread.

I thought I had come to the wrong place this morning...All my buttons work but the font is way too small for these old eyes. I'll have to get new specs or make my pages huge. I don't like the pale line btween post and sig. For the first time in a week I don't have that wretched pop up at the bottom. The whole page seems squashed, it is off center, too many ads, just unpleasant.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

It hurts my eyes and makes me nauseous

It's not the end of the world, but I do not like the new format at all..Especially the thumbs up , thumbs down. It is terribly middle schoolish to me.

3 members found this post helpful.

It's weird. I did not think it needed changing. I hate the red on the main page. And it is half a page now looks like someone chopped the page in half.
    Not a fan!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    Eh. We'll get used to it.

How do you navigate to another forum from inside of one? Used to be the drop down thing at the bottom, I don't see the equivalent. And the breadcrumb thing at the top just goes back to the whole forum. Can't figure out how to go directly from one forum to another.

Granted, I haven't spent much time trying, yet.

Oh, and *need* a border between text and sig lines!
    Had the same problem at first...it is still there, the drop down menu just looks different. You have to scroll a little more to see the list of boards.

I really don't see anything wrong with the new format, but people will always complain no matter what.

I don't have any pop ups anywhere... thanks Adblocker!

Dear tech personnel,
    Please bring up the font size by a couple of points. I have old eyes and trifocals, and my eyes are getting tired from reading this font size. I also find the red print to be irritating. Thank you!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I don't mind the new format except for the red on the forum pages. That is really awful.
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

On another thread someone said to hold 'control' and hit '+' to make the font bigger and it worked. I do not have any ad blocker things on my computer and am not getting any pop-ups, so maybe that's been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Same problem with "Reply" button at the bottom.

The format's different, but not enough to get worked up over.

G.
    Same problem with the Reply button at the bottom. In fact, I had to quote someone just to reply to a thread I myself started in the Menagerie. Hopefully, this will be ironed out soon.

The font is normal sized for me, about 12 point maybe, and quite readable. But I really would like to use the Reply button.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Help! you think you humans have problems? We warmbloods found the secret santa thread, but we cannot find the artisans thread! And where are our PMs we saved?

Warmbloods are having problems here!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    Frame borders are not aligned. Design very 15 years ago. Agree about red font.

Similar thread box seems random and not useful (some threads are three years old!)
    This. This format looks like it was done for a high schooler 15 years ago (or more). The font is too small and too spaced out. The red *stinks*

Like/dislike - doesn't bother me. Another board implemented a "like" feature and it's not so bad. No "dislike" there though.

I don't like the 'similar thread" box either - don't like it on the other board, don't like it anywhere. Nothing like having 5yo threads dredged up because someone saw it there, clicked it, and posted without even reading how old it was. That happens far too frequently. Turn it off.

Fix. The. Font. Seriously.