The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Yeah I did find that gap when trying to find a particular person's posts. I got things from '07, I think, but nothing newer. Weird.
    I just did a generic search and got some results, so I don't know that the connection is. Maybe if you search for something that has NO hits before the changeover, you don't get anything? But if it has some hits after the changeover, it'll show you old stuff too? Haha, no clue.

I hope they get it figured out soon. I've asked a few times but the mods haven't commented on when it might be addressed. I'd like to use it for the Secret Santa, but I'm getting that my person has no posts, when in fact they have lots.

Stop gap for the search issue:

Go to www.google.com

In the search box, type in: site:http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum (exactly like that, no spaces) and your search term.

Hit enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Stop gap for the search issue:

Go to www.google.com

In the search box, type in: site:http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum (exactly like that, no spaces) and your search term.

Hit enter.
    Tried it, isn't always effective.

The whole thing sucks IMO, I'm too busy as it is to bother having to learn a whole new system.

Oh for heaven's sake, what's to learn? You see a link, you click on it, you read. It's not that different from the previous version. I am gobsmacked at the level of hysteria for waht amounts to a free service.

Keep crabbin', folks, and COTH might decide it's way too much hassle and it'll ALL go away.

6 members found this post helpful.

Still having issues with the safari browser on my iPhone---- ads on right overlapping text (post) boxes. It happens about 50% of the time. So not always but enough to make reading nearly impossible.

The page with all the thread topics listed is cluttered, I hate the thumbs up/down but I can deal with that. I cannot read through the overlapping advertisements however.

1 members found this post helpful.

The multiquote function does not work for me. I click on Multi-Quote, then try to click on "Post Reply" but it is not click-able. If I go to "Go Advanced" the post I selected does not show up. When I go to reply on ANOTHER thread, however, it tells me I've selected a post and do I still want to include it on my reply? So odd.

Nikelodeon, does the post reply button at the top work for you? The one at the bottom work if you hit it in just the right place.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Keep crabbin', folks, and COTH might decide it's way too much hassle and it'll ALL go away.
    That's fine with me. And its not as easy as you say, there are technical issues that obviously you have not encountered. Being in the midst of recovery from a devastating hurricane I have limited patience for this and realize I am happy without COTH, except that someone was kind enough to inquire as to my safety yet I am still unable to read her post, other than the heading, and can't even offer her the courtesy of a response, which disturbs me.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That's fine with me. And its not as easy as you say, there are technical issues that obviously you have not encountered. Being in the midst of recovery from a devastating hurricane I have limited patience for this and realize I am happy without COTH, except that someone was kind enough to inquire as to my safety yet I am still unable to read her post, other than the heading, and can't even offer her the courtesy of a response, which disturbs me.

BAC, if you tell me where-- I'll email you the post
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Nikelodeon, does the post reply button at the top work for you? The one at the bottom work if you hit it in just the right place.
    It does! Thanks!

I also managed to get the one at the bottom of the page to work. I moved my mouse around while constantly clicking and it finally worked.

Definitely an issue for admin to look at, though. I would rather not have to scroll to the top to hit reply.

Didn't check the preceding ones this evening. I tried to send a PM and was told my mailbox was effectively full. SO I downloaded/deleted some items and when I again tried to send a PM got the same message.

Perhaps I made a mistake -- would not be the first time -- but could someone check to make sure that the mailbox delete and space clearing function actually works?

Kind regards,
    "Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

“So what’s up with years of lessons? You still can’t ride a damn horse?!”

Just wanted to say, thanks for stopping the pop-up ads. Also, earlier I'd voiced my discontent wih the new format but have no problems with it now. (of course I'm not a regular poster so can't really give any feedback about much).

Thanks again

Meh - I don't love the new format. It's mostly ok but I read the forums on my iPad and the new column width is so small. I know you need space for ads but the part I actually read is now about 4-5 inches wide. The envelope icon (on the discussion forum pages) is huge in comparison. I really don't see the need for it. You'd be able to fit a few more words in there without the envelope being so big.

I also don't get the thumbs up or thumbs down. A lot of times I want to "like" a post but the way you've done it it appears that people can like something but no one knows it. The only thing that shows up is that someone appreciated the post. Defeats the purpose if you don't see who liked it. Waste of precious space the way it is now...

"Post Reply" is not active/clickable. Firefox.

Lost the username function in the search.

THumbs up and down are way too bright, intrusive. "appreciate" is leading. "Agree with" would be more useful. I could do without the thumbs all together.

Please change 'notifications' back to 'PMs' I sincerely hope, as I suspect, that every time someone gives a thumbs up or down on a post of mine I'm not going to be notified about it. True waste of time, bandwidth, etc.

My ad blocker seems to be working perfectly on the new site.

Font size should be larger for titles than usernames. Its good they are same color. I would actually make the titles bold and usernaes unbold for a subtle clarity without being distracting.

Apparently the unworking "post reply" issue has not been addressed.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

I agree. If you are going to have a like/dislike, the names of the users should be noted. Its done on other forums, and I find that interesting and useful. "appreciate" is a smarmy word. EIther you like or dislike it, or you agree with or don't agree with it.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post

Lost the username function in the search.
    What? No, I don't think so. It's still there, on both search tabs. "Search Single Content Type" is most like our old search. I don't really get the "Search Multiple Content Types" option, which is unfortunately default when you click "Advanced Search."

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    What? No, I don't think so. It's still there, on both search tabs. "Search Single Content Type" is most like our old search. I don't really get the "Search Multiple Content Types" option, which is unfortunately default when you click "Advanced Search."
    I asked the developers if they can switch the default to the Single Content search, since that's what folks are more used to/will use more. It's not a switch to flick, but they should be able to change around some of the coding to make it work.

Thanks!

The search function and "find latests posts by" via a user's profile should have been fixed now. Let us know if you're still having trouble with it.

After the developers get through the latest batch of glitches/tweaks, and get everything working the way it's supposed to, we'll revisit some of the other issues and maybe start a fresh thread to see what concerns are still pressing/of issue, particularly after folks have had a chance to become a little more familiar with how things work.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

The search function is now useless.

I miss being able to sort through posts.. rather than digging through entire threads.