The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

The font is terrible for older eyes! I miss being able to see "Todays Posts" so eas
    ily.

Like many others have mentioned, I am also having trouble reading the print in the posts. For one, it may help to go up on font size?

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Mod, is there a particular reason that the old format is not being used? This new format, even with the bugs being worked out, still looks unprofessional, a bit cartoonish and is still so much harder to read and use. In summary, it sucks.

Also, just now, I couldn't use the "post reply", it wouldn't work. The "quick reply" works.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

[QUOTE=Carolinadreamin';6645977
    Also, just now, I couldn't use the "post reply", it wouldn't work. The "quick reply" works.[/QUOTE]

Here's a weird thing. For me, the Post Reply button at the top of the page works, but the same button at the bottom of the page does not work.

Also, when I post on my phone, the top Post Reply button kind of overlaps with the Log Out button.

Thank you for removing the red.

It all looks fine to me, except on the poll, the numbers to the right of the poll (the #of votes and the percentage) is all squished together. I used the most recent Firefox.

To carolinadreamin' - it's been mentioned in a couple places that they HAD to upgrade because the software was really out of date, and becoming incompatible with certain browsers. The changes in the layout etc are built in to the new software. Certain things that were planned for the new layout didn't transfer correctly went implemented, and so now they're scrambling through a bug-fix.

They'll get it sorted out in time

1 members found this post helpful.

It all looks fine to me, except on the poll, the numbers to the right of the poll (the #of votes and the percentage) is all squished together. I used the most recent Firefox.

To carolinadreamin' - it's been mentioned in a couple places that they HAD to upgrade because the software was really out of date, and becoming incompatible with certain browsers. The changes in the layout etc are built in to the new software. Certain things that were planned for the new layout didn't transfer correctly went implemented, and so now they're scrambling through a bug-fix.

They'll get it sorted out in time

eta - I *could* do without the "similar Threads" thing, because the similarity isn't really there, and it brings up ancient stuff, but it's not really a big deal.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Thanks for getting rid of the red; but having that text in bold is not a huge improvement as it still detracts from the thread title (which is what should be bold.)

I do really like the Original Poster notification in red. It would be great if it were a few shades darker- but that is a good idea.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

1 members found this post helpful.

I agree that the text of the title should be in bold, and the rest unbold. Aside from that, I have no problem with the upgrade (so far). THanks for your continued development of this site.
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders

I cannot post using the "Post Reply" button....doing this thru "Quick Reply" text box. Running Safari on a Mac.

Search function won't let me look at "posts" by a particular person...

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Like many others have mentioned, I am also having trouble reading the print in the posts. For one, it may help to go up on font size?
    Try control + to go up and control - to go down. I know it works with explorer and chrome.

Posts made from my phone display in tiny font.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

With the notifications (ie, good and bad thumbs).... if you click on it once, you can't go back later to check out your notifications again until your posts have been 'appreciated' or not. I clicked on it when I had a few notifications, but didn't have a chance to see which of my posts were liked. Went back to find that list of posts that have been liked and can't see any. It'd be interesting to be able to refer back to that list whenever, rather than only when viewing brand new notifications. If that makes sense.... and if the thumbs stay around. (I'm impartial to them. Thumbs down isn't so helpful, and if there's a thumbs up worthy post I still feel compelled to point out what exactly i agreed with the most.)

(1) Thanks SO much for dumping the red!!!!
    (2) Please also consider dumping the "similar threads" list. It's a waste of space-- absolutely useless-- except for demonstrating how annoying artificial "intelligence" can be!

P.S. The poll numbers are also messed up for me. FWIW, I also use Firefox.

Question Search function not working...??

Is the search function not working, or am I just not doing it correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    Is the search function not working, or am I just not doing it correctly?
    It's not working.

Works for me. What are you searching for? Just off the top of my head I put in Brenderup, and it pulled up a whole bunch of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Works for me. What are you searching for? Just off the top of my head I put in Brenderup, and it pulled up a whole bunch of threads.
    It's not working for me, and many others. Maybe the threads you're getting as results are new?

For example, if you plug someone's username in and they haven't made posts since the change over, you get zero results.

Yeah I did find that gap when trying to find a particular person's posts. I got things from '07, I think, but nothing newer. Weird.