The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile What have you bought/sold on Craigslist?

Me - just sold a horse trailer. Also sold a desk, a loveseat, a globe (yes really) and a saddle.

Am wanting to buy and check often for a swimming pool, a playscape, a big outdoor shed, Honda Ridgeline. Did buy a side bed rail for $8 and a saddle for $100.

My sister and her hubby bought an AWESOME leather couch and matching loveseat for $400. It is a really nice quality set.

How about you?

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Bought the most amazing pony on CL for $1200 . Turned out to be the most solid little mare ever. We seriously can't find a hole in her. Had she been back in VA, instead of WY, she would have been a $5000 pony, easily
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Bought and sold saddles and other horse tack, hay, antiques, and all the farm equipment from the estate liquidation. I heart CL.
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

http://tommybluefoot.blogspot.com/

We sold a car and all of our appliances very quickly. Hubby bought a Harley a few years back. Good deals go quickly.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

I have Sold many items "horsey" from my old farm were sold; including Parade Saddle, Side Saddle, Pony Saddle and Wintec Sport Saddle. Rattan Chairs, Trailer hitches(came with truck), and a Painting.

I have bought; Golf clubs, bag and cart for $10! Heated dog dish, and dog kennel(outdoor).

I love CL and have had good luck! When I "feel" someone is a Fruit bat or shakey I have my BF there and my German Sheperd Protection! All else fails I tell the person the item is sold.
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

Lots of stuff. I have bought much of the furniture for our basement (craft room & man cave) on CL. Gotten some amazing deals.

I've also sold a TON of things. A huge smoker, mattress & box spring, grills, lawnmower, bedding sets, clothes, etc.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

bought the best horse ever! At a bargain price

bought a horse trailer

Sold some sheep
    Turn off the computer and go ride!

I have bought and sold saddles. I bought my saddle from someone on the opposite coast. I have sold other horsey stuff, and bought household stuff (a mini-fridge that got us through a major remodel) and given away stuff we no longer needed. I love CL!
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Best score EVER! on craigslist was a huge mahogony tack trunk. I paid $25 for it. Apparently it belonged to an ex-wife who rode dressage. I didn't ask too many questions. *grin*

I haven't sold anything, but I've bought an upright freezer and a used car.

We don't sell much, but I re-homed some kittens on Craigslist.

I taught DH about it and he watches ads for several areas around us. He's gotten a rolling toolbox, piles of stainless steel fasteners, and his boat.

I think my best find was placing a wanted ad that turned up our PTO chipper from a guy in Florida finishing up a state gov't contract. It was barely used, he'd only chipped soft pine and the blades had never even been reversed. And he delivered it up here!

I tend more towards Freecycle if there's something I want gone. It's generally not worth the bother of people coming to look and trying to negotiate on the price.
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

last year was a good one for me and craigslist.
    i scored a gorgeous walnut corner desk for the master bedroom, a really nice chandelier and a perfect size secretary. each item was two hundred dollars and the bedroom looks like a million bucks now.
    this year i've sold a mini backhoe, tiny cottage on wheels, and hopefully soon my truck.

I've had good luck with selling old cell phones, a saddle, and various other randomness. I'm currently *trying* to sell a bridle, but nothing for 2 months now.

I found my parents JRT x Pit on CL and he had a rough start, but turned out to be the best little dog ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I sold a couch and loveseat and recently a gas stove and microwave. Tried to sell a 4-wheel buggy, but didn't work for anyone who inquired (size mismatch to what they had)
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

We helped a friend empty his basement of a load of junk he was going to haul out for scrap, but I haven't had a SINGLE nibble on any of my gently used tack

I just bought a baucher for $8, felt like a drug deal meeting some stranger in the K-Mart parking lot, lol!
    Quarry Rat

Bought a sold a couple of cars, cell phones, cameras, laptops, just about everything. Craigslist in our area is great!
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

Bought a saddle.

Sold a piano, couch, and TV.

Sold a fridge and a gas stove.