The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Equine Affaire in MA, COTH Meet Up?

Does anybody want to have a COTH meet up at Equine Affaire in MA? Would need to be the Saturday schedule, for me......

That would be awesome! I will also need to go on Saturday, due to work.

Okay we are on! I will figure out a spot and time and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by HPFarmette View Post
    Does anybody want to have a COTH meet up at Equine Affaire in MA? Would need to be the Saturday schedule, for me......
    I'll be there the entire time representing MGAA. Doing a demo on Thursday morning (right after Bruce Davidson!) a clinic on Thursday afternoon and have a booth in the Mallory center through the whole event. Stop by and say hi! I'll most likely be stuck in the booth.

Pardon my ignorance, what is MGAA?

Quote Originally Posted by HPFarmette View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, what is MGAA?
    http://www.mountedgames.org/

Mounted games across America! One of the two affiliated members of the Mounted Games Association, which is a world-wide organization devoted to the sport of mounted games. It's like gymkhana games, in a team format, so sort of relay races on horseback. Tons of fun! My daughter started playing games in Pony Club, and moved on to MGA as she aged out of PC. Now I'm playing too, in the fossil division.

It's a blast! We don't have any competitions in New England, but we're hoping to generate some interest and maybe form our own association up here. Right now we travel between 8 and 10 hours to compete once a month six months out of the year.

We will be doing a 2 team demo on Thursday morning, a clinic Thursday afternoon, and will have a booth for the whole event, with videos, brochures and friendly games riders to answer questions.

I hope to see folks there!

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm not going to be able to go... I hope everyone who does go enjoys it!
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I'll go, but I am so NOT bringing my credit card!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I'm game! Going with a group of people from the barn, and I so AM going to bring my CC
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Going on Thursday and bringing credit cards !!!!!

Bummed that I have to miss this year.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Going on Saturday. Taking my 11 yo niece who lives close by.
    Of course it's a sacrifice that aunts have to make sometimes - sure I'll get nothing out of it!
    Is there any official COTH uniform or secret handshake, so we might know each other in passing?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Perhaps anyone who goes should wear a name tag with our COTH name...only other COTHers would recognize it

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    Perhaps anyone who goes should wear a name tag with our COTH name...only other COTHers would recognize it
    I'll be wearing my MGAA sweatshirt all weekend. Don't think there'll be too many of those around.

I think my booth is in the Stroh building, I said Mallory earlier, it's in the building with the breed displays, that was all they had left and they squeezed us in.

4cornersfarm, I'll try to swing by & say hello...as long the other folks in your booth know what I'm talking about when I ask for you by that name

Okay Kids, 4cornersfarm has graciously agreed to have the Meet Up of COTH members at her booth. Let's stop by on Saturday at 1 p.m.

Here's info about the booth and the organization:

http://www.mountedgames.org/

Mounted games across America! One of the two affiliated members of the Mounted Games Association, which is a world-wide organization devoted to the sport of mounted games. It's like gymkhana games, in a team format, so sort of relay races on horseback. Tons of fun! My daughter started playing games in Pony Club, and moved on to MGA as she aged out of PC. Now I'm playing too, in the fossil division.

It's a blast! We don't have any competitions in New England, but we're hoping to generate some interest and maybe form our own association up here. Right now we travel between 8 and 10 hours to compete once a month six months out of the year.

We will be doing a 2 team demo on Thursday morning, a clinic Thursday afternoon, and will have a booth for the whole event, with videos, brochures and friendly games riders to answer questions.

I hope to see folks there!

Here is her info about the booth location:

It's number 2117 I think. I'm pretty sure it's in the Stroh building, it's the breed display building, even though we are not a breed organization.

I'm going! It's my first time, and I've got the boyfriend with me, so he will have lots of learning to do! I'll be there on Saturday, so I will definitely wander on over! Can't wait to actually meet some COTHers in person!
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Now I have to remember to be there at 1. Making a mental note. Hoping it sticks.

Looks like I have lots of help in the booth that day, so I should be able to socialize. Looking forward to meeting folks!

Got to meet HPFarmette, but nobody else. Sorry I missed you, I guess some folks stopped in while I was out and about. We'll be there next year!