Anyone else stranded by Sandy?- Hooray, Finally Going Home!
I flew into the path of the storm! We live in California, flew in to Philly for a family wedding this weekend, I was supposed to go to Toronto for work on Monday while DH and kids flew back to SoCal. All flights from Washington to New York have been canceled tonight through Tuesday night. I spent three hours on the phone today with United; the first flight we can get out is now Wed night.
Unfortunately I'm still too hungover from the wedding to even be boozin' it up tonight while we cool our jets at the in-laws!
Oh well, it is what it is- and I'm glad the airlines canceled stuff well in advance so we didn't have to spend hours at the airport and THEN they cancel everything.
I am waiting for the storm to do something in Richmond, VA. Got sent here last night, been sitting in the hotel all day.
I talked to a few stranded passengers, but the Delta piolits here say they are flying out in the morning?
Good luck, hope you get home soon!
My BF is supposed to be flying home from Burlington VT with a stop in Chicago early tuesday morning. Crossing my fingers his flight won't be cancelled, he's been gone long enough!
yikes, i bet he won't be getting out early tuesday.
btv is a last stop for some evening flights and they must get their mandated rest before they can fly out in the am. so late monday evening arrivals means late departs tuesday mornings, but who knows what will be flying in or out by this afternoon.
i suspect the airport will be closed by later today.
does he have somewhere to stay?
if he's going to have to sleep on the floor in the terminal let me know and we can help him out perhaps.
Finally, after being rebooked and then cancelled on three times, my husband, kids and I are finally getting the hell out of Dodge, only 3 days late.
Our original flights were Newark and we kept getting pushed later and later, with last night's cancellation putting our ETD Friday night!
After a few more hours on hold with United (what's a few more hours, after 6 or 7 hours already), we bailed on Newark and managed to get flights out of Allentown. The four of us fly to Chicago togethre and then had to split up; DD and I go to LAX and DH and son go to Orange County.
Crossing fingers we sleep in our own beds tonight.
A huge PITA to be sure, but nothing compared to the damage so many others have suffered to their homes and businesses.
Stranded in Midtown Manhattan. Was supposed to fly out on Tues, then Weds, now Fri... but LaGuardia is underwater so nothing looks promising. What I partially came to NYc for (a concert) was rescheduled for Sunday, at this rate I'll still be here!! But, we have power and no damage at my hotel so it could be so much worse.