The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Diva -Checkmate
    Eve -VDL Arezzo
    Dancer -Champion de cord
    Dreamer - o'splendido
    Star- Bon Balou or Hildalgo

So many choices, so little time and money

1 members found this post helpful.

We have had several Dancier foals at our inspections over the past few years, so semen can't be too bad. From what I hear (and see) Dancier can sire fabulous foals, and also some plain ones. Not consistent. I would also look for a good temperament in the mare, as he doesn't necessarily add that to the equation.

I too have seen a few around here, also conceived via frozen semen. I think it was bad one year but since then it has been ok? There were a coupe of Dancier's in the Elite auction in Verden when I was there ...all were smaller and very light/modern with very pretty heads and a really light way of moving. Definitely "ladies" horses. Dr. Brockmann mentioned that he sometimes throws necks that are too long...so something to keep in mind. Interesting about the temperament....
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

What does Hochadel bring to the table?

I haven't looked into him a whole bunch but I loved him when he came to Spruce and then we saw him again a few weeks ago in the Celle stallion parade. He is very impressive with lots of presence and masculinity and showed lots of talent under saddle. He can piaffe and passage very, very well. He is quite substantial, with a huge neck and a beautiful Trakehner style head/neck and expression. He is quite interesting to me but I don't know what type of mare he would need...
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

HyperionStud, you're quite welcome! It's funny you should mention Imothep as a possibility, because he's the one I looked at at least twice when checking out your boys. You wouldn't happen to have a short video of him showing his gaits?

Best,
    Siegi
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

HyperionStud - I second Seig's suggestion and also promise to be a good repeat client.

I'm surprised about the Dancier comment re. temperament. I thought the horses I saw in Germany at the auction seemed steady and easy, but of course they were well ridden. All of them were, and not all of them (or even many) gave me the feeling they would be a steady ride.

I haven't made any decisions about breeding, but I'm intrigued by Lissaro van de Helle, Dancier, Deveraux, and Grey Top. I have liked him since his licensing, and I saw a couple of really nice foals by him.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

I love my Uphill and Soprano foals this year. Soprano has amazing world class daughters. May do it again next year.

breeding decisions for 2013????? I'm still recovering from the stress of making choices for 2012...it's so hard!!

I'd love to breed to Sir Gregory again. I love this years foal.

Anxiously awaiting what the Checkmate/Riverman/Nimmerdor will look like. Riviera is a maiden mare, so don't know how she will produce. Love that stallion on a bit of an older fashioned mare, so we'll see what happens. If I love it, I will repeat.

Going back to my old favourite Oxford again this year. He's not the newest most trendy option, but I love every foal he's put on the ground for me, very good movers, incredible brains. A good proven producer. The new owners and their coaches just LOVE them.

I love my Westportes. I have a 2 and 4 year old and very happy with how they have developed and may go with him again. The two year old is spectacular, and the 4 year old is super super cute and so very rideable. She's got good gaits, a nice jump is super brave and willing.

I'm looking for tall, very modern, more dressage type stallions with a long front leg and pretty head, if anyone has any suggestions...preferrably in Canada.

I'm looking for tall, very modern, more dressage type stallions with a long front leg and pretty head, if anyone has any suggestions...preferrably in Canada.
    What about Fabregas (Florencio/De Niro) he is in Ontario, near Guelph I believe, and has a very pretty head and nice long legs. Also had a very successful year competing at Devon.

I am planning on breeding
    Amigo Bari Von (Adios lll) to Rotspon
    Tourbillon (Ilemo) to Ivory Coast
    Peggy Sue (Pointmaker/Diamont) to Rising Star's Cartier
    Indiscreet to Popeye K
    Delimain (Diamont/Prinz Gaylord) to Escudo I

I finally got my husband to agree to let me breed my First Class daughter. Due to a pasture accident, she is peek a boo sound and may never jump again. Since she was custom bred for me, I would love to breed her to Jupiter for a smaller hunter to take her place as my personal horse.

All that I know so far is that we will be breeding Julia du Brio (Diamant Rouge II x Kapoc) to Olympic Ahorn.

The other girls will have to wait to find out who their dates will be.
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

Cruising to Darco, because I'm addicted.

I think that Soprano by Sandro Hit has to be the most under rated stallion in the country. He gives the best of both worlds, jumping and dressage. My Soprano filly has such natural jumping ability that it is scary. Read what his daughters are doing in Europe. His owner can be a little quirky but he is very good to deal with, he is very down to earth.

WEll, I just won the charity auction, so I guess I'm breeding. Gonna make a Swedestrupper. I want SPOTS. Does anyone have any Colorado babies? I want spots in dressage.

Should I breed to mom? Super Swedish bloodlines, dad was in Olympics, super mover, pain in the ass mare personality, 15.3 (too small for me), but SUPER to ride when preggos (would prefer her to be competing 4th/PSG next year), is a SUPER broodmare, super easy babies, always has them at 337 days. Concern is I don't want to take away from her movement, and size.

Or daughter. Or daughters. I have two out of mom by Freestyle. Four year old is about 16.2/3 now and got a lot of growing, started in May, went to shows between 60 and 90 days under saddle and pretty much was spectacular, won high points, and just on that ended up 20th in the country. Super sweet, mellow, fluid mover and plenty of talent for dressage.

Other daughter will be three in spring, and is probably even a nice mover and will be bigger. Same wonderful personality. I don't ride them at all until 4, so this would be good.

Suggestions?

I am 95% sure I am going to breed my mare to Bosh Blue. With all the stallions I have been drooling over, I just keep coming back to him!!

I am still on the fence about breeding another mare...we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by profar View Post
    HyperionStud - I second Seig's suggestion and also promise to be a good repeat client.
    Email me at hyperionstudllc@gmail.com

There is lots of jumping video that shows his trot and canter online. I can get more video of him just moving around at home if you would like. What makes Imothep so interesting for the dressage mare is his powerful hind end/ impulsion, and his upward elastic movement. His champion foal from this year came out of an Idocus mare. He was champion at his inspection and reserve champion in NA for KWPN.

The wonderful thing about this stallion is that he crosses well with many different types of mares. All of the foals get that floating movement, powerful gait, easy temperament and beautiful looks.

Again, food for thought! I even think that matched with the right mare you can breed him to hunter types as well. Speaking of hunter types, I also think that our stallion Dakota VDL can produce the same! It becomes an interesting dichotomy!

Thank you for your support and best wishes with your search!

Cheers!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Quote Originally Posted by NickRick View Post
    Diva -Checkmate
    Eve -VDL Arezzo
    Dancer -Champion de cord
    Dreamer - o'splendido
    Star- Bon Balou or Hildalgo

So many choices, so little time and money
    Are you considering our stallion Hidalgo? If so, excellent!

Cheers!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    Cruising to Darco, because I'm addicted.
    If you have Darco semen in your tank I'm jealous!!!! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon29 View Post
    What about Fabregas (Florencio/De Niro) he is in Ontario, near Guelph I believe, and has a very pretty head and nice long legs. Also had a very successful year competing at Devon.
    He's very nice. I've seen him in the showring and is definitely one to keep in mind. For the mare I had in mind, I'd like a bit more size.