I am going to try for another ET with my Donnerhall mare and Rotspon this time. I want a filly and I continue to be amazed at how many Stallions for licensing and horses in the Elite Auctions have Rotspon as their Dams.
I am not sure about my Contender mare. She has foaled three Catoki's in a row. EM Cela is currently in foal to Quite Easy. I might want to see how that foal turns out before choosing a stallion for her.
Cela's daughter Cobrah is currently in foal to Valentino. After this foal is weaned Cobrah will go back under saddle. So only two foals for mr nest year. Good luck everybody on having successful pregnancies in 2013. :0)
It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
― Marilyn Monroe
My plans are usually set in stone by this time, but this year it is still up in the air!
The decision is made for my two young mares (will be 3 next year). The Abdullah/Galoubet filly will go to Diamant de Semilly. Her 1/2 sister, who is Special Memories/Galoubet will go to VDL Silverstone. The rest are up in the air! I have several breedings that need to be used up, plus a tank full of semen. May breed my Contendro mare to Acorado, but want to see what her Cassini II foal is like, first. So many decisions to make !
I am debating whether to try breeding my maiden mare either this year or next. She will be started under-saddle this winter and will go through her mare performance test fall 2013. She is by Diamond Hit out of an SPS Romancero H x Wenzel mare. We think a good cross on her would be Royal Classic, and for fresh will try Schwarzenegger (Sion/Calypso II) We shall see what next year brings!!
We'll probably try one attempt for an embryo transfer from our SPS De Niro mare, then breed her. Contenders are: Fidertanz for a 3rd time, Christ, San Amour and one or two more.
Then we are welcoming a new mare this week, she is by Dormello and out of a Manstein dam. I wanted to try her first with fresh/transported semen as her last foal was in 2008. Sir Gregory comes first in my mind. But again, her 2008 Johnson colt has turned into a lovely, talented FEI young horse so... I am very tempted to repeat the cross but then I would have to go the frozen route.
And my third mare is waiting for a confirmation for a custom foal so I decided to wait until I know before looking to find her a pretendant. She might end up being the recipient mare for the ET. She is such a good mom, and an easy keeper, uncomplicated mare.
I am not breeding next year. However if I were, I think I would be breeding my Landfriese II/Galoubet A/Abdullah mare to Kannan. But I'm not breeding, so it doesn't matter.
If I repeat this enough times, then it will be true, right?
Hillside, I think the Abdulllah filly with Diamant is an exciting cross--will be fun to see that one! Ironically, he is in my top 3 for my own, somewhat similarly bred filly, so I thought that was interesting to read your post!
Starting to think about breeding next year. Fifi (Fidertanz/ Wolkentanz/ Rohdiamant) will be an ET. Will try again with Fuerstenball. Dominique (Don Schufro/ Rohdiamant/ Freiherr) - to Licotus or Bellissimo? Wolkenstanza (Wolkentanz I / Rohdiamant/ Freiherr) - just one by Fidertanz (to make a Fifi sibling) or one by him and an ET by ???? It would also be interesting to breed Domi to Wolkentanz I, as she and Stanza are half sisters from the same mother. This is the fun part. But these recipes take so long!
I have decided that I'm not going to breed ever again.
But I have already picked out the stallion for my Trakehner mare....... and am vaguely looking for another broodmare.
It's an addiction - and I'm not laughing as I type this!
I said the exact same thing this summer and as I started falling into temptation and looking at stallions I had someone contact me wanting a foal out of a mare we have. So I am back looking at stallions and planning on 2014 foals. It really is an addiction
It sure is an addiction and I think half the high is picking out stallions
Our plans are still tenative but coming together...
I'm trying to decide what to do with my frozen semen but I have some Balou Du Rouet and Ruiz Soler that I'd love to use this year...also working on getting some Corlando. Hopefully I can talk my repro vet into doing 3 frozen breedings!
I think I'm going to take the plunge and breed my Rio Grande mare to a cremello for the buckskin or palomino that I've always dreamed of since I'm breeding her this year for a potential keeper for myself.
I *think* I've settled on Cunningham for the new TB mare that I'm leasing.
There's still plenty of time to change my mind on all of these though...I've already changed it about 100 times