The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Horse with No Name View Post
    My confession:

Who (or what) is Gangnam??? (sp?)
    Its a Korean song that they started playing on the radio pretty much everywhere. Heres a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by AppendixQHLover View Post
    My confessions:

I was a computer geek before it was cool. People told me that I was crazy for going that directions. PFFT eat my boot.
    Me too :x
    Eventers of the West

There are three dogs sleeping on the back of the couch.
    We had fried eggs, black beans, and mashed potatoes for breakfast- washed down w/ diet coke.
    I use the rationale " it's my farm car" to explain the feed and grooming stuff spilling out of every door.
    Pumpkin pie is a food group all to its own and ok to eat morning/noon/night.
    One can never have enough Sanita clogs.

Bahahahahahaaaaaaa after reading everyone's "meal" descriptions I am no longer going to worry about my eating habits .
    Time for pumpkin pieeeeeeeeeee!

Last night I hid outside and drank some beer since my parents thought I was in town and I haven't had a moment of PEACE in months and then proceeded to go in and eat the whole tub of fresh salsa while sitting on the couch. And then decided some of the sour cream and onion chips would make good dessert.

I also hide the things I like in my car sometimes so I don't have to share.

I've had to do all the laundry as well as all the housechores lately (mom had both wrists cut for carpal tunnel) and I don't separate the colors and whites. Laundry turns out fine, and it's much faster.

I lie to the truck drivers and tell them the computer made a mistake so that they continue believe I am infallible. Truth is, sometimes I'm just a ditz.
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by HopeandJoy View Post
    Not doing much better so far, breakfast was leftovers from dinner last night and most of a pint of Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream...I think lunch is going to be pie. I think I need to go grocery shopping and get some real food!
    I'm not doing much better either. Went to store for healthy food, but all the Halloween candy is on sale. And I needed another container of onion dip since I still have chips left. They need to run out together.

I swear I'm having salad for dinner!

1 members found this post helpful.

The street light at the end of our driveway went out a few months back. We like this light; it provides a lot of security. So we had to call the power company SEVERAL times before they finally came out and replaced the bulb.

Except it didn't just "go out". One night I was sort of all revved after watching "Top Shot". I grabbed the BB gun and was intending to just plink a few cans. Instead I found myself aiming at the streetlight, thinking, "oh, I'll NEVER actually hit it!" Needless to say I did not share this tidbit with the power company. I just said, "You know, there's a hole in the outside glass. Kind of looks like someone shot it!"

8 members found this post helpful.

Hmmm...
    I love, love, love steamy, trashy books (yeah, I read the 50 Shades series in a couple of days)
    I know all the words to Ice, Ice Baby and the Humpty Dance by heart
    I'm letting myself drink Mt Dew with the excuse that, hey it's a hurricane
    I watch Dirty Dancing and Bend It Like Beckham every. single. time. that i find them on TV
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Here's my confession...

I just typed majick into a search bar and it took me a second to realize I spelled it wrong!

Too.Much.COTH.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

I'm 40 and I've been playing FPS games since college.
    I play Halo. A lot.

I have a bunch of Master Chief dolls... I mean, action figures.
    You are what you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    The street light at the end of our driveway went out a few months back. We like this light; it provides a lot of security. So we had to call the power company SEVERAL times before they finally came out and replaced the bulb.

Except it didn't just "go out". One night I was sort of all revved after watching "Top Shot". I grabbed the BB gun and was intending to just plink a few cans. Instead I found myself aiming at the streetlight, thinking, "oh, I'll NEVER actually hit it!" Needless to say I did not share this tidbit with the power company. I just said, "You know, there's a hole in the outside glass. Kind of looks like someone shot it!"
    HAHAHA... I literally busted out laughing at work!! Thanks for that!!

Ok... my turn...
    I will cut food into "small portions"... only to serve myself 22 times and eat it all anyways!!! Somehow it makes me feel better about eating it all.... what a joke!

I am a creature of habit... I like things to be in their spot and have a routine for everything (like my father would say- you better not live on your own without a man for too long or you won't be able to adapt )

I eat.. 8 times per day! No really, I do... I am a serial snacker!

Oh... and I LOVE TO COOK/BAKE but don't ever eat anything I make... too many food allergies to worry about making things that look appealing so I cook/bake for everyone else for any occasion!

2 major shopping obsessions: bras and handbags... don't ask me why...!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Quote Originally Posted by ManyDogs View Post
    I use the rationale " it's my farm car" to explain the feed and grooming stuff spilling out of every door.
    Pumpkin pie is a food group all to its own and ok to eat morning/noon/night.
    One can never have enough Sanita clogs.
    ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE!!!!!!

I have a front seat full of wormer and two bags of grain living in my back seat.

I also have a growing collection of Sanitas, which get far more love than any of my formerly beloved shoes.

High five, go team!

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithfizz View Post
    I loved the Twilight series.

(((hanging head in mortifying shame)))
    Um, I just watched the first movie on TV yesterday and watched the whole thing. Terrible and yet....I watched and would watch the next one.
    Forward momentum!

Quote Originally Posted by ClassAction View Post
    Um, I just watched the first movie on TV yesterday and watched the whole thing. Terrible and yet....I watched and would watch the next one.
    I'm old, and I watched the Twilight series after I read each and every one, staying up until 2 am reading. (another head hanging in shame).

I bought our Halloween candy on Sunday. I stayed home to work today. At 9 am I opened the Twizzler box, at noon I opened the MikeNIke box, and I'm now eagerly eyeing up the Reese peanut butter cups. I've managed to hide the open wrappers from the kid/husband, so far. I will probably have to buy more candy.

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcCall View Post
    Its a Korean song that they started playing on the radio pretty much everywhere. Heres a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
    My confession: I really like this song. the singer is making fun of the wanna be's.

I've bought a sweet from the bakery to give to my kindergartener when she got off of the bus only to have eaten the entire thing before her bus arrived.

I like halloween, send my kid out to get candy then nibble off her stash for the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by GotGait View Post
    I'm 40 and I've been playing FPS games since college.
    I play Halo. A lot.

I have a bunch of Master Chief dolls... I mean, action figures.
    You. Are. Awesome!!!
    (I'm a halo fan as well!)
    Eventers of the West

Sigh, i have another confession.
    On more occasions than I care to admit, I have left the shower without cleaning up behind myself. The hair wookie in the drain and the "wall art" of hair from shampooing (yanno, as not to further clog the drain...). MrB has removed said wookies from the shower without even mentioning it.
    And this is how i know he loves me.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    My turn - I hate halloween, the dressing up, the kids demanding candy at the door even when no outside light is on, the commercial frenzy, the horror flicks at the movies and all over TV...the whole thing, basically.
    *high fives*

I am going to have to sit out there and give out candy this year and have seriously considered hiring a broke teenager to do it for me, except that I think I'll get in trouble with the SO for being a poor sport or something. But honestly, my kid tolerance is low to begin with and three hours of screaming ones at my door is probably more than I (or the dogs) can take.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Confession: I have NEVER had a job I can honestly I loved or felt was more than a job and wouldn't quit in a heartbeat for a better offer, and have never been interested in having a 'career', as everything bores me and I cannot imagine WANTING to go to work every day unless it's necessary. I only work because I need money to do the things I actually enjoy. The instant I have access to resources to not have to go to work and to stay home and keep house, I'm gone.
    Same here. I just want to be home all day, with horses in my backyard. I'd be more than happy to work from home - but I want to do it in comfortable clothes. Whoever invented business suits and high heels was a sadist.

Confession: I've had Half Life 2 since Friday? Saturday? And already logged 6 hours played...
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!