The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default The confession thread

Dear COTH, my name is KBC and I have sinned...

We recently became the proud owners of a new laundry pair, well tell the truth the dam machine arrived ages ago, but I had to wait until they had altered the cellar to get the washer installed, a beautiful front loader with all sorts of bells and whistles. Ir replaced our cheapest on the line top loader that we bought when we first moved here 7 years ago, they left said top loader plumbed in for me to use for saddle pads, dog blankets and towels and other such stuff.

Well my nice dressage pad needed washing, and I really did intend to use the top loader, but well I missed, she says innocently, and my pad ended up in the front loader, and OMG did it come out nice

Now I'm not sure if I want to use the old machine for stable gear!

Who else has confessions to share?
    Mother of the son of UsedtobeHaffy

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

my confession:
    sometimes when it's really cold and I'm in a hurry I stick my horse's bit in my mouth to warm it for her.

5 members found this post helpful.

I wash and disinfect my bits in the dishwasher.

And KBC, congrats on the new washing duo! I also replaced my two this year...and love does indeed come in appliance form.

However I swapped my matchy extra large capacity front loads, top of the liners with ginormous top loading "I could park the freaking truck in this thing" models.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Well my nice dressage pad needed washing, and I really did intend to use the top loader, but well I missed, she says innocently, and my pad ended up in the front loader, and OMG did it come out nice

Who else has confessions to share?
    Why is this a confession? When I went shopping for a new washer and dryer, I specifically told the salesperson I wanted a heavy duty top loader so I COULD put saddle pads and other horsy stuff in it!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I wash and disinfect my bits in the dishwasher.
    Heck, I stick my nasty ball caps in there too, on the top rack. Granted, not with dishes, but still. I do it when no one else is looking.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, let's have some real confessions! Horse stuff in the dishwasher and nice washer? Piffle.

My dark confession:

I cannot stand the treacly nonsense that is "It's a Wonderful Life." Hate. That's right, I said it.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

3 members found this post helpful.

Pretty sure I've made this confession before, but I put my horse's leather bridles in the washing machine. When we had a top loader, I would put them in a cloth bag first so the straps wouldn't get caught on the agitator, but now that we have a front loader, I just chuck them in naked
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

When I'm in a house with a bag of chocolate chips in it, it's doomsday for them. I don't even feel bad about it either. HA!
    "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post
    I cannot stand the treacly nonsense that is "It's a Wonderful Life." Hate. That's right, I said it.
    I've never even seen it. Or "A Christmas Story." Or "Titanic." Or a whole slew of other things. And I'm pretty sure I'm not missing out on anything, either
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Yeah, let's have some real confessions! Horse stuff in the dishwasher and nice washer? Piffle.

My dark confession:

Me either. Yuck.

My confession? If I offer something too my picky dog or picky horse, and they investigate but don't accept (despite begging like they haven't eaten in weeks), I'll eat it...even if they lick it....

2 members found this post helpful.

I got into a political debate on Facebook with a friend of a friend whose last name is "Bucholz". I started calling her "Butt-holz".

Yeah, I still think it's funny but will own my immaturity.

Butt-HOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention she is my friends supervisor at work. Heh.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Ok, here goes, I hate Two and A Half Men, Justin Bieber, and really think that the whole Gangnam style stuff is really really stupid.

8 members found this post helpful.

My turn - I hate halloween, the dressing up, the kids demanding candy at the door even when no outside light is on, the commercial frenzy, the horror flicks at the movies and all over TV...the whole thing, basically.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

See, my confessions are a bit different...

I LOVE A Christmas Story. And The Princess Bride is the best movie ever made. Oh, and the live version of The Tick. And Firefly. I love Firefly.

When I'm bored, I read Anne of Green Gables, Black Stallion books, and Cynthia Voight books. I'm 38 by the way.

On road trips where I'm not driving, I STILL imagine horses galloping beside the car. They jump all the concrete spots, because you know that horses shouldn't gallop on concrete. The truely sad part of this is that when I ride my REAL horse, I'm afraid to gallop. And jump. *sigh*

I'm sure there are more confessions, but those are what comes to mind at 7:32 on a brisk sunday night while on cold pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrows Endure View Post
    while on cold pills.
    That's when the really good stuff should come out.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrows Endure View Post
    On road trips where I'm not driving, I STILL imagine horses galloping beside the car. They jump all the concrete spots, because you know that horses shouldn't gallop on concrete. The truely sad part of this is that when I ride my REAL horse, I'm afraid to gallop. And jump. *sigh*
    LOL, can I join your club, I can still count strides for the horses galloping up to fences, see the stride "one to three JUMP" so much easier when you are watching through the car window .
    Mother of the son of UsedtobeHaffy

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

My dark confession:

I refused to watch that movie for 40+ years, until I was made to watch it as part of a management course. Apparently there were 'leadership' lessons contained within it. The only thing I learned was that George sucked at business.
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

And my confession? I was in love with Barry Manilow when I was a teenager (that's right, I am that old).
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

2 members found this post helpful.

I've just eaten half a bar of chocolate and half a bag of cheese crackers.

I have the munchies tonight...
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Okay, I'll play .... I despise Gone With the Wind, yet I've memorized The Mummy (with Brendan Fraser) and everything ever done by Monty Python. Oh, and I occasionally run with scissors!
    Horsey romances written by a horsey person
    www.JesseHayworth.com