The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I believe there were 12-15 that entered and were accepted. I don't remember if they had any others on the standby list.

Has this been posted yet? It's a schedule with approximate times:

http://www.alltechnationalhorseshow...._Sch10-231.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    My gosh, only 6 in the Regulars at the National? Eek.

I sincerely hope they all just didn't want to ship in the storm.

There were only 6 accepted and the 6th horse had very few points. Regular Conformation ( not to be confused with what used to be Regular Working Hunter and is now High Performance Hunter) has had very low entries for many years.
    Depending on which USEF list you use there are only about 140 horses total that have points in this section nationwide. Prize list said they would accept 20 in this section and also 20 in High Performance Hunters.

And the entry fees are quite steep. $1000 a division plus stall etc etc. Great prize money though.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

Yes, in my post I was thinking of the High Performance division, formerly known as Regulars. The 4' conformation division is not very populated these days.

Hey guys, just an FYI that the company that serves the live feed for the Alltech National Horse Show has encountered some hurricane damage and the live feed is currently non-operational.

They're working on the problem, but do not have an estimated time for it to be back up.

I'm here at the horse show, so I thought I'd alert you guys of the situation.

Molly Sorge

1 members found this post helpful.

You really don't need any points to show in the HP hunter or Gr Conf at this show, most of indoors and actually most of the others as well including Devon some years. Just enter and pay your money, they'll take it. Qualifying in those divisions is pretty much a thing of the past.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Yes, in my post I was thinking of the High Performance division, formerly known as Regulars. The 4' conformation division is not very populated these days.
    There is no 4' conformation division these days. The reg conf is 3'9" now.

Is anyone able to get results from today? Everything I see is from yesterday...

I guess this is pretty much a non event unless you happen to be there.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    November 14-16, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by chunky munky View Post
    I guess this is pretty much a non event unless you happen to be there.
    What, you mean just like Devon and Upperville and all the other big shows that don't give us a free live feed?
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I guarantee you I have watched live feed from both Devon and Upperville, so you are wrong on that one. Devon posts results on their site as soon as the class is over. Upperville is pretty quick as well.
    Frankly,I wasn't even referring to live feed, as I would not be watching it even if free. But there is no blog on their site or current results as most sites do.
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Just surprised that 5 hours after the show starts there are still no results up. I guess if they don't care, neither do I. :-)
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    November 14-16, 2014

Penn National gets my vote for favorite show! Live feed that worked every day, real-time results, and everything uploaded to youtube. Spectacular.

I know I've been spoiled with the real-time results for both the Penn and WIHS, but uploading the results a few hours after the division is over isn't a huge undertaking- especially with the small class numbers. I wish they would give us peon's a little more to work with here. But that's just me being greedy again, I guess.

Since I've not been able to watch any livestreaming, can I get my $25.00 back?? Who do I contact? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chunky munky View Post
    I guarantee you I have watched live feed from both Devon and Upperville, so you are wrong on that one. Devon posts results on their site as soon as the class is over. Upperville is pretty quick as well.
    Frankly,I wasn't even referring to live feed, as I would not be watching it even if free. But there is no blog on their site or current results as most sites do.
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Just surprised that 5 hours after the show starts there are still no results up. I guess if they don't care, neither do I. :-)
    Where YOU lookin'? They look pretty current to me.

Devon and Upperville USED to do free live feeds; they don't any more. Upperville's PPV on Shownet. Not sure about Devon; didn't care enough to hunt it up this year.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

The Web Cast at Upperville is FREE and has always been FREE. Our company does the live web cast for Upperville not Shownet. Shownet was the videographer who sold video at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    Where YOU lookin'? They look pretty current to me.

Devon and Upperville USED to do free live feeds; they don't any more. Upperville's PPV on Shownet. Not sure about Devon; didn't care enough to hunt it up this year.

WarAdmiral - when I clicked on your link those were results from last year. When I looked on the Alltech website they still weren't updated. Is this just me or is that anyone else?

http://nhs.showjumping.tv/index.php/...ision_list/160

This is where I'm seeing results from this year.

Except that those are last year's results. Bengale (2nd in the A/O Over 35 Stake) isn't even there this year! Nor are Sambolino, Empire or Lumiere. Sorry...
    "Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect." Charles de Kunffy

http://www.equiimages.com

The page for this year's show only has results from yesterday. I don't expect a free live feed, but not having results up in a timely fashion these days is unacceptable. The only thing I can think that would excuse this is if they are having problems connecting to their external website. Which could be.
    "Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect." Charles de Kunffy

http://www.equiimages.com

There are no results up from today that I can see. And if its that hard to figure out if these are last years or this year's thats pretty bad coverage on the website.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    November 14-16, 2014