The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Alltech National Horse Show '12

The last indoor of 2012 starts this week! Here is (part of the) Press Release from Phelps Media Group regarding Live Stream.

Live Webcasts of Alltech National Horse Show Available on iHigh.com and ShowNet.biz

Written by: Kenneth Kraus
    Client: Alltech National Horse Show http://www.nhs.org
    Release Date: 2012-10-11

Lexington, KY - October 11, 2012 - For those who can’t make it to the 2012 Alltech National Horse Show, iHigh.com and ShowNet.biz will be providing live webcasts of all of the various competition online.

The 2012 Alltech National Horse Show returns on October 30 through November 4, 2012 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. In addition to the top rated hunters and the ASPCA Maclay National Championship, the show features world-class international, open, junior and amateur-owner jumpers competing for the biggest prize money on the United States indoor tour. This year’s event marks the debut of the high stepping and always exciting American Saddlebreds as well.

www.ShowNet.biz will webcast all classes live on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday, while www.iHigh.com will stream the sessions on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, including the $50,000 Puissance, the $250,000 Alltech Grand Prix and the ASPCA Maclay National Championship.

Access to the pay-per-view stream for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday may be found on the Alltech National Horse Show website at www.alltechnationalhorseshow.com or via a ShowNet membership at www.ShowNet.biz.

Coverage on iHigh.com - beginning on Friday - is free of charge.

ETA: Bold is my doing

ETA2: You can find all results here: http://nhs.showjumping.tv/index.php/results/
    Last edited by JmpR_1; Oct. 30, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Life is short, ride the best horse first.

Angry

IT SHOULD BE FREE ALL WEEK!!! I HAT WHEN FOLKS DO THINGS HALF ASSED!
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    IT SHOULD BE FREE ALL WEEK!!! I HAT WHEN FOLKS DO THINGS HALF ASSED!
    We've been spoiled with CC, Harrisburg, and WIHS. Live streaming is quite expensive.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    We've been spoiled with CC, Harrisburg, and WIHS. Live streaming is quite expensive.
    It just shows how CHEAP this show is!!!
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

If the other 3 shows can do it, why not The National? I heard (but have no idea if it is true) that there were over 300,000 hits on the live streaming for WIHS. And everyone of them had to last through the Smart Pak commercial before seeing the show.

Why can't the National do the same thing?

I will not be buying the first 3 days. And I will The National for trying to make money off horsepeople when there is another way to get the income.

I would think that USEFnetwork would be proud to video stream the National Horse Show in its entirety.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

So the "jewel" in the crown charges when the rest don't? That sucks!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    If the other 3 shows can do it, why not The National? I heard (but have no idea if it is true) that there were over 300,000 hits on the live streaming for WIHS. And everyone of them had to last through the Smart Pak commercial before seeing the show.

However, maybe once the National realizes that paid streaming = 1/10 of the viewers from CC, Harrisburg, and WIHS, perhaps they will come to their senses and next year have ads instead of charging the viewers.

How disappointing. Yes, we have been spoiled. . Boo.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

This sucks! Last year the whole show was free. I guess they're (the officials) greedy and want to make more money then they did last year? I hate to clue them but most people are not going to pay and will just wait for the days the feed is live, like I'm going to do! We'll see how much money they make and how many viewers they get the first 3 days!

I really need to get some darned work done so I'm happy it isn't free.

Yeah, I do think having the first three days NOT free seems silly. I'm sure they will see that too, once the show starts. Heck, at least the "big" events we can watch for free
    Gumshoe- I totally agree, my life gets put on hold once indoors rolls around.
    Life is short, ride the best horse first.

If anything you'd think they'd make the very popular events pay-per-view especially if they wanted to make some money. I cant imagine more people paying to watch the hunters vs. the Maclay and the Grand Prix.

We have definitely been spoiled with the last three shows! EqTv and USEF have been awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway View Post
    If anything you'd think they'd make the very popular events pay-per-view especially if they wanted to make some money. I cant imagine more people paying to watch the hunters vs. the Maclay and the Grand Prix.

We have definitely been spoiled with the last three shows! EqTv and USEF have been awesome
    I agree.

That said, I'm not complaining.

Free is free, and I'm happy to see what they provide, especially since they are providing the Maclay and the Grand Prix. I just can't bring myself to complain about free live streaming.

Maybe employers were complaining that work wasn't getting done during the week!

On the other hand, many of the potential viewers in the northeast probably won't have an electricity to view the first few days anyhow...
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Quote Originally Posted by Satin Filly View Post
    Maybe employers were complaining that work wasn't getting done during the week!
    Ha, a reverse sponsorship of sorts - "we'll pay you not to broadcast during the work week!"

I'm bummed because I have today & probably tomorrow off work now and if my power stays on, it'd be nice to watch. Oh well, I'll probably lose power and/or internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    On the other hand, many of the potential viewers in the northeast probably won't have an electricity to view the first few days anyhow...
    That's true. At least we won't be missing much if power does go out for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by JmpR_1 View Post
    Yeah, I do think having the first three days NOT free seems silly. I'm sure they will see that too, once the show starts. Heck, at least the "big" events we can watch for free
    Gumshoe- I totally agree, my life gets put on hold once indoors rolls around.
    Seriously. If I"m going to pay for something, it's going to be the Grand Prix or the Maclay, not the juniors or A/Os (no offense to those divisions, but after the past few weeks, I feel like I've seen enough lovely hunter rounds for free).

I don't think this says anthing about the show being cheap. It does however make a statement about how cheap COTH posters are. ;-) With a rather largesense of entitlement as well ;-)
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

Going in person for Sat/Sun, so meh.

That said, I'm NOT sure this show is getting the sponsorship & vendor support it was hoping for. I'm sure they'd make the stream free if it were practicable to do so.

It's also worth noting that actual bums-in-seats ADMISSION to the NHS *is* free for all the day sessions, including Maclay Finals - so perhaps charging for the stream is a way of encouraging folks within reasonable driving distance to actually come to the show. I'm of the age to recall how much it cost to go watch the NHS at the old Madison Square Garden, so to me free admission is a huge deal!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief