The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by redalter View Post
    One other quick thing - have you asked any soldiers how they felt about him announcing the pull out date?
    Some of them are happy that they won't have to rotate back to Afghanistan. In fact probably a LOT of them are.

You do realize that most families have had or have soldiers in them, right? Served in WWII, Vietnam or Korea, even if they don't have family that served in the Middle East.

But then I've noticed that you don't like to answer questions, so you just post aimless ones of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Well, see...I actually agree with part of your last paragraph...If someone is a gun enthusiast/NRA member, they most likely will vote Republican. If someone is Right wing Christian, they are more likely to vote Republican. If someone is racist against blacks/minorities they would be more likely to vote Republican. And I'll go one step further and say that the whackos at westboro church, will probably vote repub.
    But whereas I accept that certain groups will most likely vote a certain way, you don't want to admit it.
    And for the record, the race issue was actually started by a liberal, Obama supporter on this thread that brought up riots, and inferred that Repubs were racist thinking that it was blacks that would riot because they were "uppity" (the Obama supporter's words). My comment was initially about when did you last see a bunch of Repubs riot. I don't think there will be widespread rioting if Obama loses, but it wouldn't shock me if there were small pockets of it in LA for instance. But I can pretty much guarantee that if Obama wins, there won't be rioting by Romney supporters.
    Republicans don't riot! They just get Goldman Sachs on the phone and say, "Round up the usual muppets! We've got some short selling to do!"

3 members found this post helpful.

So you think that the majority of the black people voted for Obama because of his policies? And the whites that voted for him, no One did it because of his skin color?

Really.
    Well most of the whites that voted for Obama didn't care about his skin color. They cared about his beliefs and policies.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    Republicans don't riot! They just get Goldman Sachs on the phone and say, "Round up the usual muppets! We've got some short selling to do!"
    I had to give this one the thumbs up AND quote it, although I don't know whether to put a laughy face or a crying face after it.

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    You sure about that? The four dead were not the only Americans on the scene. There is already both testimony and leaked communication that has noted that we had assets on the ground painting the terrorist with lasers for AC-130/MC-130 gunships that were less than 2 hours away and we know that the two former SEALS were killed at least 6 hours after the attack began. We know that the commanding General of these assets was given an order to stand down that could have only come from D.C.--i.e from a small handful of people all of whom would be close to the president. That General has since been relieved of command.

The problems for Obama are several:
    1) Failure to provide the consulate with adequate security. Although this is a big problem for Clinton since there is all kinds of paper trails that have repeated requests for more security as well as a State Dept meeting less than a month before hand that covered the extent to which al qaeda was active in the area.

2) Failure to deploy assets while the lives of up to 32 Americans were at risk. The dead were not the only ones at the consulate or safe house at the time of attack, we know of 3 staff members transferred Germany for treatment in the hospital as well as 2 others that were wounded in the safe house attack--funny but the administration has yet to released the number of Americans that were in harms way.)

3)Failure to secure the consulate after the attack in a timely manner. It was weeks before it was secure and in the mean time CNN reporters were wandering through and one removed Ambassador Steven's diary. What other sensitive documents might have been in the unsecured consulate?

4)Specifically misleading the public by not confirming the attack was an act of terrorism when we have information that not only did he know but the White House Situation room had live audio of the attack from the Americans who were repeatedly asking for assistance before they were killed and drones capturing video feed--see number 2.

Anyone think that this would have looked bad on the campaign trail if one of your big talking points is you killed bin Laden?

grayarabpony, I'm sorry all this bores you.
    Yes I am sure. If the military was present there would have been casualties. Military casualties at the very least.

This "scandal" is a tempest in a teapot compared to going to Iraq based on false information.

3 members found this post helpful.

Sorry- what question did you ask me?

I keep forgetting. No matter what happens, it is NOT OBAMAS' FAULT. Just ask him. And if it is his fault, well, Bush was worse.

Just amazing.

I think, though what is the worst, is the level of anger from all sides. We're Americans first, right?

Nope, because every time over the last 4 years I've have heard Obama say "the other guys", "the other side", "vote for revenge", "punish your enemies", it has driven the country further apart. This is a sitting PRESIDENT saying these things.

And, nope I don't care what senators, and pundits, and congressmen/women Rush, Rachel, etc., etc., have said, it's what the president said. And he should be EVERYONE's president. Not just "his side". So I guess he wants his side to go out and get "revenge".
    Presumably against people like me. The "other side".

Kind of like what he said to Eric Cantor his FIRST week in office. "Elections have consequences Eric, and I won". How nice for him. And what a great way to start out his relationship. Talk about reaching across the aisle!

And for what it's worth - white female, highly educated, over $100k in earnings, in a mixed race relationship.

Voted for Romney this morning. I chose not to vote revenge. i voted for love of country.
    Yawn. What I find amazing is your inability to answer questions and spout -- what is it? Some nonsense about how voting for Romney is patriotic and how Obama is the only one drawing lines in the sand.

fwiw, I am white, middle-aged, highly educated, married, in a household with over 100K in income. So?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    Yawn. What I find amazing is your inability to answer questions and spout -- what is it? Some nonsense about how voting for Romney is patriotic and how Obama is the only one drawing lines in the sand.

fwiw, I am white, middle-aged, highly educated, married, in a household with over 100K in income. So?
    Highly educated ?PHD ?

You first. Or why don't you ask redalter?

btw DH is a MD and voted for Obama. Is that educated enough for you?

I asked you. I have an undergrad degree. Your husband's degree is not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I asked you.
    Well that's too bad, ask redalter instead. Or try asking nicer.

Your husband's degree is not yours.
    So, and my degree is not his.

Well that's too bad, ask redalter instead. Or try asking nicer.

So, and my degree is not his.
    No degree, not "highly educated" got it.

No degree, not "highly educated" got it.
    No, you haven't "got" anything, you're just wrong. Can you not read?

I knew one day that someone on a bulletin board would accuse me of not having a college education. Not only that, the accusation would be based on nothing.

No, you haven't "got" anything, you're just wrong. Can you not read?

I knew one day that someone on a bulletin board would accuse me of not having a college education. Not only that, the accusation would be based on nothing.
    You refer to yourself as "highly educated". I asked if you have a PHD and you tell me your husband is a doctor. You offered the information and I am asking if you have a PHD.

I see that there are posters on this topic that pretend that they have more credentials than what is reality. I think your statements are more of the same.

However, you made the statement that you were "highly educated" not me.

I find it sad that those that support Romney/Ryan have a hard time with facts and the truth. I guess that is how one could support a candidate who says whatever the crowd wants to hear and does not take a stand.

No I do not have a PhD, not that it's any of your beeswax. I have a Bachelor of Science in biology, with honors. I also have a master's in landscape architecture.

Still, why are you asking me and not also redalter?

You are being obnoxious. Gah I don't care if you do support Obama, say hello to my ignore button.
    Last edited by grayarabpony; Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

I asked about your claim "highly educated". You made the claim. Maybe you should read what you write. I am very happy to be on your ignore list, there is no sense to responding to people's claims when they are offended to do so.

Bye bye !

Awh Sunny, I think I love you a little.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Yes, of course. I forgot that Saddam Hussien was a peace loving guy who didn't support those nasty AlQuida terrorists. Terrible that we forced that nice man out of his position helping women and children be REAL citizens of his nation.

The POINT is that there were WMDs in Iraq, most got buried and some got sold to the highest bidder. The WMDs are why we went in, 9/11 was the catalyst.
    You can call Iraq a scandal/tragedy/whatever you want, but the majority of the men and women who went OVER there do not. Their opinion matters WAY more than yours.
    Maybe in your imaginary world it does, but in the real world voters have sway. The military does not get to call the shots on its own, nor should it.

The truth is is that our military has also killed thousands of REAL citizens of Iraq. Does that not compute with you? Do you think it doesn't count, or doesn't matter? Yes Saddam Hussein was a monster, but he wasn't going to last that much longer and his crazy sons probably wouldn't have lasted a week. It is questionable whether or not things are better for most Iraquis since the start of the war.

However, I do hope in the end our presence was a good thing for Iraq.

I have a Batchelor of Science, with honors. I also have a master's in landscape architecture.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Aw Long Spot, so cute! But I think you need to correct everyone else's spelling now too. Sorry, I am in the habit of misspelling it -- my MIL's last name is Batchelor.