The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default The liberal media cover up of Benghazi?

Why is there no outrage at the goverment's actions (lack of) in Benghazi, and the lack of coverage by the liberal media? The NYT never had anything on their front page about the real time video feed into the white house, the emails asking for help, and the government refusing to send help, instead telling the Seals that were close to Embassy to "Stand Down".

And the liberal media seems to be avoiding asking Obama about it, or even covering it.

5 members found this post helpful.

"Liberal media" conspiracy theories? Really?

Aren't you a member of PETA or something?
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

2 members found this post helpful.

NPR had a long story on Benghazi..........did you miss it?

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post
    "Liberal media" conspiracy theories? Really?

Aren't you a member of PETA or something?
    If you are honest with yourself, you will admit that the liberal media is protecting Obama. No hard questions about his background/lack of qualifications prior to election, and nothing about Benghazi. No other pres would have been given a pass the way he has been. Watergate didn't kill anyone, yet it was covered thoroughly in all of the media at the time.

No, not a member of PETA. One can be for animal welfare and not agree with liberals. I consider myself more Independent with Republican leanings regarding some issues. But I can tell you must be an Obama supporter, based on avoiding the topic, and trying to malign someone else, because of their opposing viewpoint.

10 members found this post helpful.

There's plenty about Benghazi. Are you listening?

Here's what Condoleeza Rice had to say? Is she a biased liberal too?
    http://www.ibtimes.com/condoleezza-rice-benghazi-its-hard-know-sure-fog-war-854062
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I am what some would consider a very conservative democrat, but that's neither here nor there.

Animal rights activist and conspiracy theorist are two sides of the same crazy to me, political views not withstanding.

I think political discourse is hugely important in this country. I think it's through the discussion of ideas between both parties that we reach beneficial conclusions and I sincerely believe that both sides of the discussion bring valid and important viewpoints to the table.

I do not, however, believe that conspiracy theories add to the discourse in any useful way. It's pot stirring at its worst.

And I'd love to know how an loan officer from Texas knows enough details about the topic at hand to accuse the "liberal media" of a cover up? Watching a little too much Fox News? Or were you actually there that night?
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

5 members found this post helpful.

Well it seems like a choice, go with conspiracy theory or go with incompetency.
    I really don't think there is a way to explain this that paints a good picture of how it was handled. Do you have a theory/version that makes this look good?

4 members found this post helpful.

What was 9/11 then? Conspiracy or incompetency? The Beruit barracks bombing, Pan Am flight 103?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Well it seems like a choice, go with conspiracy theory or go with incompetency.
    Oh I won't argue with whether or not the media is incompetent. The number of times I've seen the word 'lose' misspelled by national media is enough, I think. I just don't believe that there is a broad "liberal" conspiracy to defraud the public. Given their inability to utilize correct spelling and grammar, I don't think the national news media have the resources required to pull something like that off.

I really don't think there is a way to explain this that paints a good picture of how it was handled. Do you have a theory/version that makes this look good?
    The way it was handled doesn't have to look good. It is what it is. I wasn't there, I don't know why things went the way they did and I accept that there are details that I don't have.

Based on the information available, I can only determine that the outcome sucked. If you think the handling of the situation as a whole sucked, then that's your opinion. Surely our leaders aren't infallible and sometimes they make mistakes that mean that they should be voted out of office.

That fact does not a conspiracy make.
    -George Morris

4 members found this post helpful.

I am what some would consider a very conservative democrat, but that's neither here nor there.

Animal rights activist and conspiracy theorist are two sides of the same crazy to me, political views not withstanding.

I think political discourse is hugely important in this country. I think it's through the discussion of ideas between both parties that we reach beneficial conclusions and I sincerely believe that both sides of the discussion bring valid and important viewpoints to the table.

I do not, however, believe that conspiracy theories add to the discourse in any useful way. It's pot stirring at its worst.

And I'd love to know how an loan officer from Texas knows enough details about the topic at hand to accuse the "liberal media" of a cover up? Watching a little too much Fox News? Or were you actually there that night?
    I don't believe in Animal Rights, but rather welfare. And I haven't been a mortgage loan officer for more than 6 yrs...
    And a topic about the lack of coverage/in depth questioning by the media about an event where 4 US citizens died, and the lack of reponse from the WH when asked for more security/backup, and the coverup by this administration, is hardly pot stirring, unless you are upset that people aren't willing to help sweep it under the rug. As someone who served in the military for 2 terms, I find the actions of the WH reprehensible.

Damn that Muslim president with his fake birth certificate

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Damn that Muslim president with his fake birth certificate
    No...just the proven things are enough to damn him, starting with his background, associations with questionable people (incl Rev White that "Damns America), and his lack of transparency, and his coverup of Libya.

6 members found this post helpful.

Setting aside the "liberal" versus "conserative" media for a moment...

Most "news" these days isn't really news, it's become "infotainment". True investigative journalism seems to have fallen by the wayside over the past few years, which IMO is a sad side effect of a shallow public whose attention span is measured in mere seconds.

So, two former SEAL's died protecting the Consulate in some country I can't even find on the map? Oh how sad. What's Lady Gaga wearing today? Unfortunately many of these people vote. Sigh.

As for Benghazi, the latest info has only been out for a day or so. I imagine many news agencies wanted confirmation before jumping on the ZOMG WE KNEW ABOUT THE ATTACK AND DID NOTHING TO STOP IT bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, heads should roll over our response - or lack of it. I just want to see all the facts before breaking out the guillotine.

Quote Originally Posted by gieriscm View Post
    Setting aside the "liberal" versus "conserative" media for a moment...

Most "news" these days isn't really news, it's become "infotainment". True investigative journalism seems to have fallen by the wayside over the past few years, which IMO is a sad side effect of a shallow public whose attention span is measured in mere seconds.

So, two former SEAL's died protecting the Consulate in some country I can't even find on the map? Oh how sad. What's Lady Gaga wearing today?

As for Benghazi, the latest info has only been out for a day or so. I imagine many news agencies wanted confirmation before jumping on the ZOMG WE KNEW ABOUT THE ATTACK AND DID NOTHING TO STOP IT bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, heads should roll over our response - or lack of it. I just want to see all the facts before breaking out the guillotine.
    BINGO!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

3 members found this post helpful.

The people to blame here is Al-Qaeda. They planned it, used the reaction to the video to disguise their action, they killed four Americans.

I suppose there could've been more security for the embassy. More funding was proposed but the bill was shot down by the Republicans, including VP candidate Paul Ryan.

If the news reports are true about the availability of the SEAL team, that only means MORE Americans would've been put in harms way. While the SEALs are amazing warriors, they can be killed, especially when they are sent in at the last minute against a superior number of forces.

If the order to "stand down" was given to the CIA operatives, that may have also been given to reduce the people on scene who could be killed or taken hostage.

Finally, there's a WHOLE LOT of things thathave happened behind closed doors, since 9/11/2001. The public isn't told of them because everyone has an opinion, usually based on incomplete knowledge.

We vote for the person we trust to lead our country. There a bunch of people here who didn't vote for Obama the first time and won't again. There are others who feel he didn't live up to his promises. If you want to use this attack on the Libyan embassy as your criteria as to whether you'll vote for him again, so be it.

I feel your pain. I didn't vote for Bush TWICE because I didn't trust him and his 8 years in office have proven me right. Two wars, with 4,000 dead and 50,000 wounded, a failed economy, lack of respect from the other leaders in the world, I could go on. But I've proven (at least to myself) that I can tell a good presidential candidate from a poor one. Fortunately there are only 10 days left till we know who's crying and who's dancing for the next 4 years.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    What was 9/11 then?
    And worse yet, Bush used it as a reason to go to war based on fabricated information.

And I truly believe Romey would love to play "Battleships".

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    The people to blame here is Al-Qaeda. They planned it, used the reaction to the video to disguise their action, they killed four Americans.

I suppose there could've been more security for the embassy. More funding was proposed but the bill was shot down by the Republicans, including VP candidate Paul Ryan.

There was plenty of money for the security. Obama didn't spend it well. The security money was spent to make the embassy in Vienna "green" - a battery charging station for all the little Chevy Volts it has.

There was security in Paris and in the Carribean. The security in Benghazi was not up to standards even though Obama had $300 million to spend on such security.

More generally from the thread I read:

Bush did not sit for seven hours while Americans were being killed on 9/11 and then fly off to a party.

These talking points are ridiculous and people who are defending Obama's actions in Benghazi shows how really partisan and idealogical you are.

The Obama-controlled media is not covering the tragedy and that is a fact. Deceive yourselves if you want, but this has nothing to do with Bush, or the Republicans. Obama tried to shift the blame to the weakest woman in the world - Hillary Clinton - but was not successful so had to say the buck stops with him. It does. He killed the four brave American heros in Benghazi just as surely as he killed the Mexican teenagers when he armed the Mexican drug cartels with military weapons that were used to kill them.

Only the most extreme idealogue can rationally vote for Obama and defend his actions in Benghazi or Fast and Furious. Do you really care so little about truth and America that you want to close your eyes to these disgraces?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    Do you really care so little about truth and America that you want to close your eyes to these disgraces?
    You're funny, Coyoteco. I like you.
    -George Morris

2 members found this post helpful.

And now it's starting to surface we've been running weapons out of Libya
    through Turkey to the Syrian rebels and the Russians got wise and are less than pleased.....this could get very interesting.

My comment to which you reponded was: "Only the most extreme idealogue can rationally vote for Obama and defend his actions in Benghazi or Fast and Furious. Do you really care so little about truth and America that you want to close your eyes to these disgraces?"

You're funny, Coyoteco. I like you.
    Well, I don't see anything funny in either of these situations, but I'm glad you can retain your sense of humor, and am delighted that you like me.