The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Bluey, there is a vast difference in people you may "know" and the extreme right wing politicians advocating their extreme views. I think you missed the point of AnneFS's post.
    I wonder, did you ever get around to reading some of what Obama wrote, before he went into politics?

1 members found this post helpful.

What I read is the direction of the political parties. I do read party platforms (both parties) since those platforms are the "group think of the party" and will typically set the course for the party in terms of desired goals and changes. and I am a reader of factcheck.org. I also try and read up on the SuperPacs and who is donating.I have not read any politicians books, I spend an inordinate amount of time reading environmental rules, regulations, ordinances and opposing arguments to new legislation. I also have a voters guide to read before I vote here in California.

So, no I don't focus on a politicians musings before their political career and I'm certain my college professors could have a good laugh about my own writings...

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I wonder, did you ever get around to reading some of what Obama wrote, before he went into politics?
    Weren't you the one talking about how it was no big deal (nay, a good thing!) that Romney changes his mind all the time? So, whatever Obama wrote in his past (which is neither here nor there for me because I can guarantee none of it would get my knickers in a twist), why is it so hard to grasp that his views may have changed or evolved? Meaning, you have no point...

Oh, right. Only your guy can change his story. If Obama says something that contradicts something he wrote in a college paper from 20+ years ago then clearly he's just trying to pull the wool over all our eyes.

7 members found this post helpful.

So, I am not good with names that don't matter.
    That doesn't mean I don't have a valid opinion or that my vote doesn't count.

Thanks for the information on who he was.
    Um...Bluey...he is also a current U.S. Senator. And I hardly think that anyone running on either the Democratic or Republican ticket in any election can be considered someone who "doesn't matter." I mean, McCain lost in 2008, but I would hardly classify him under "doesn't matter, so why bother knowing his name." Or Al Gore? Does that name ring a bell? He also lost, and there was a Supreme Court lawsuit following the election...so, you know, as a historical event, I feel like it probably matters just a titch.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Weren't you the one talking about how it was no big deal (nay, a good thing!) that Romney changes his mind all the time? So, whatever Obama wrote in his past (which is neither here nor there for me because I can guarantee none of it would get my knickers in a twist), why is it so hard to grasp that his views may have changed or evolved? Meaning, you have no point...

Oh, right. Only your guy can change his story. If Obama says something that contradicts something he wrote in a college paper from 20+ years ago then clearly he's just trying to pull the wool over all our eyes.
    Well, I wouldn't really assume that Bluey spent days pouring over everything Obama ever wrote, considering that she doesn't even know who John Kerry is...that doesn't exactly scream to me "in touch with U.S. politics."

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Kathy S., I have read your posts and am aware you identify as an Independent. I still think that modifying someone's post the way you did is inappropriate, as it gives the impression that someone said something that they did not say.
    That is why it is called a QUOTE! Not some other descriptive word, and it is wrong to do.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I don't think I am the obtuse here.

Someone was mentioning Romney changing his mind.
    I said that can be a good idea and why.
    I didn't say anything about Obama changing his mind.

Someone brought ideology and extremes at both ends.
    I mentioned did they ever read what Obama used to stand for, before that he stood for then became a bit less than PC, since he was trying to be in politics?

Try keeping apart two different thought tracks.
    It is not so hard, really.

Um...Bluey...he is also a current U.S. Senator. And I hardly think that anyone running on either the Democratic or Republican ticket in any election can be considered someone who "doesn't matter." I mean, McCain lost in 2008, but I would hardly classify him under "doesn't matter, so why bother knowing his name." Or Al Gore? Does that name ring a bell? He also lost, and there was a Supreme Court lawsuit following the election...so, you know, as a historical event, I feel like it probably matters just a titch.

Well, I wouldn't really assume that Bluey spent days pouring over everything Obama ever wrote, considering that she doesn't even know who John Kerry is...that doesn't exactly scream to me "in touch with U.S. politics."
    I already explained I don't do well with names (or faces), so yes, I can be conversant on some without remembering the exact names, that I can always go back to look them up, if I need to.

What was stated is Romney changing his mind about FEMA. It makes no sense of a comparision.......Romney changed his mind to get votes and he did it after stating FEMA should go away and states should be responsible for emergency relief just 4 months ago. And you are attempting to make a comparison of Obama's writings after college.......Not even remotely close to the same thing.

And really, if you think that Romney is really changing his mind and not saying what a crowd wants to hear, then vote for Romney. However, in my mind he is just saying what the crowd would want to hear after a natural disaster and that he does intend to work to defund FEMA as well as Planned Parebthood for that matter.

Changing one's mind is one thing but speaking out of both sides of your mouth is another. Marketing comes to mind and the political platforms for the GOP call for reducing ALL federal spending which includes FEMA.

3 members found this post helpful.

What was stated is Romney changing his mind about FEMA. It makes no sense of a comparision.......Romney changed his mind to get votes and he did it after stating FEMA should go away and states should be responsible for emergency relief just 4 months ago. And you are attempting to make a comparison of Obama's writings after college.......Not even remotely close to the same thing.

And really, if you think that Romney is really changing his mind and not saying what a crowd wants to hear, then vote for Romney. However, in my mind he is just saying what the crowd would want to hear after a natural disaster and that he does intend to work to defund FEMA as well as Planned Parebthood for that matter.

Changing one's mind is one thing but speaking out of both sides of your mouth is another. Marketing comes to mind and the political platforms for the GOP call for reducing ALL federal spending which includes FEMA.
    I'm not sure if this is directed at me because I fully agree with you, though I do think I made sort of a muddled mess of my point...

I'm not sure if this is directed at me because I fully agree with you, though I do think I made sort of a muddled mess of my point...
    No, I was attempting to clarify this for Bluey.

I don't want to offend you by repeating myself, but really, you are putting two different responses to two different posts in the same bag and mixing them, when each one was responding to a different thought.

I didn't say what you think I did.
    You are making that up and then jumping on it.

I don't think I am the obtuse here.

Someone was mentioning Romney changing his mind.
    I said that can be a good idea and why.
    I didn't say anything about Obama changing his mind.

Someone brought ideology and extremes at both ends.
    I mentioned did they ever read what Obama used to stand for, before that he stood for then became a bit less than PC, since he was trying to be in politics?

Try keeping apart two different thought tracks.
    It is not so hard, really.

You asked if anyone else had read what Obama wrote in his PAST. Apparently, what he says he believes NOW doesn't line up perfectly with his supposed past views (I'm inferring this from what you wrote with a face, implying that we're all missing the "real" truth).

The thing is, a LOGICAL PERSON would conclude that his views may very well have evolved--aka, he "changed his mind."

Clearly, you simply think he's lying, or says what he believes is politically expedient.

But Romney flipping his views 2-3 times (at minimum) over the course of just a few months or years is simply "changing his mind" which can be "good."

So, what I wrote earlier stands.

3 members found this post helpful.

You asked if anyone else had read what Obama wrote in his PAST. Apparently, what he says he believes NOW doesn't line up perfectly with his supposed past views (I'm inferring this from what you wrote with a face, implying that we're all missing the "real" truth).

The thing is, a LOGICAL PERSON would conclude that his views may very well have evolved--aka, he "changed his mind."

Clearly, you simply think he's lying, or says what he believes is politically expedient.

But Romney flipping his views 2-3 times (at minimum) over the course of just a few months or years is simply "changing his mind" which can be "good."

So, what I wrote earlier stands.
    No, the first response was half teasing to someone that said Romney changed his mind.
    I said that can be a good thing, when you find more about something and that changes your mind.

THEN someone else was talking about political extremes and how the republicans were so terrible and there my response was, extremes come from both ends and did you ever read what Obama wrote before he entered politics?

Then someone garbled both responses as one and went off with their interpretation of what that created.

I hope this third try will explain my responses better.

Do you think Obama is lying now when he says he supports Gay marriage?

And what DID Obama say in his past?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    Do you think Obama is lying now when he says he supports Gay marriage?

And what DID Obama say in his past?
    Well, you see, you can say he learned more about the topic and that changed his mind, as Romney is supposed to have done.

Or you can say they both were playing politics and wanting those votes their change of positions may bring.

When did Romney ever admit to changing his mind because he learned more about a topic?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    When did Romney ever admit to changing his mind because he learned more about a topic?
    I don't recall. But I wonder if Romney is rethinking his smirking statments about Obama trying to stop the rise of the oceans and how he would not care about that. I wonder how well that smirking statement would play out now.....

2 members found this post helpful.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoz...for-president/

Even The Economist - the worlds largest economics focused magazine, has said they would go with Obama over Romney. Why? "Republican challenger Romney has changed his position too often on policy matters."
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

The economist is not really conservative.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

2 members found this post helpful.

alright, removed that part of my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTied View Post
    The economist is not really conservative.
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.