The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

I think the Christie-Obama teamwork and mutual praise has been a great example of focusing on the work at hand and the needs of the people vs. scoring points. I think Christie is flawed in many ways and does not have the temperment to be a national leader. But I respect the hell out of him for his approach to this catastrophy and even-handed dealings with Obama. I think all it would have taken is a day or two of saying that Obama was not helping him--true or not--and he could have swayed the election big time.
    At the same time, there may be, at some level, a deliberate distancing himself from Romney (if he suspects Romney's doomed), to preserve his 2016 chances.

I'm heading to NJ tomorrow--airports willing--to help my parents dig out, and I have to say I'm dreading what we're going to find. Their whole town is in really bad shape. The news cameras aren't capturing the fact that all up and down the shore, towns are equally devastated as Seaside Heights.

3 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I don't think anyone wants to remember who John Kerry is. I sometimes feel that parties are throwing darts at the wall and seeing what they can hit to choose their candidates.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

2 members found this post helpful.

I do. I remember Republicans actually bashing Kerry because he spoke French.

Now Romney actually lived in France for almost 3 years and guess what? not a peep about that.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to remember who John Kerry is. I sometimes feel that parties are throwing darts at the wall and seeing what they can hit to choose their candidates.
    I want my none of the above button and if enough click on that, lets start over with new prospects, until we get someone most can feel confident will not want to grandstand or try to reinvent us.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    I do. I remember Republicans actually bashing Kerry because he spoke French.

Now Romney actually lived in France for almost 3 years and guess what? not a peep about that.
    So, I am right to assume Kerry was a democrat?

What many seem to be ignoring here is that so much of how they see each candidate is reflecting the information they are getting from the media, all of the media and that is, sadly, very biased take on the truth and facts out there.

Do filter thru all you hear a bit better, don't use sound bites heard here and there to represent what you think, do your own thinking.

I have two things to say about this election. First: Violations of the United States Constitution under Obama have reached the highest pinnacle of disaster, note the bailouts, his opposition to and utterly ignorant understanding of the 1933 Glass-Steagall Act which if you care to read the so called latest is written up in the great financial publication called the Rolling Stone Magazine. Violations under the NDAA and his absolutely no miss every week meeting to determine who gets killed with drones, including US citizens. The list goes on, not the least of which is the amount of drug money that was laundered for the first campaign so he likely did not actually win the election in any case. Hillary gave up when the money poured in to sabotage her from the notorious George Soros Foundation. Check out the Fast and Furious revelations of 7 billion in CASH coming over the border and into HSBC, has that bank had it's charter pulled yet? Don't bother to check it has not. Just like no one has gone to jail to this date yet at the highest levels of the clearly criminal insanity behind the financial crisis. Look how ignorant Obama is of the simple financial aspects in the Rolling Stone article, Lehman Brothers is not an investment bank? Or insurance companies are not involved in speculation? Can he really be that ignorant?

I am not at all clear that Romney has any policy to speak of since he cannot be bothered to figure out the financial catastrophe or the threat of thermonuclear war that is being encouraged by certain financial circles. It comes down to this, partisan politics as the root of the evil, anyone who looks at their "tribe" ie their party to figure out who they need to attack rather than how we can draw this country together and stop killing people at home and abroad is nuttier than the politicicians who play this game everyday. Human life is not a sporting event, and supporting it is in the national interests if we don't want to go the way of the dinosaurs. Little O in Nero has to go! What comes after that will be determined by whether the people of this once fair land decide to get serious and really begin thinking on their own instead of checking this or that poll, this or that "party" line, or looking over their shoulder for peer approval.

Is anyone really thinking that the little "O" in Nero cares about the people of the east coast vicims of the superstorm rather than an election stunt? Check back to the Joplin Missouri event and where little O was at that time when the people needed him. Playing with the Queen in England (getting his orders really), maybe he will get knighted by the Queen for his service as did Colin Powerll, another worhthy knave.

Secondly, all I have left to say is Benghazi, lies, lies and more lies. Bubble, Bubble, Boil and Trouble!

If you want something to chew on, check out the below linked press conference for tomorrow in DC and be sure to read Paul Pillar (former top US security official) message to American Patriots and the pending disaster politically.

Long story short, do we have the moral fiber as a nation to survive?

http://larouchepac.com/node/24309 DC press conference

http://larouchepac.com/node/24354 Paul Pillar statement
    Last edited by Calamber; Nov. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Calamber - Agree totally

Bluey, I'm sorry, but are you really engaging in a discussion on U.S. politics when you don't know who John Kerry is? He was the Democratic Party candidate that ran against G.W. Bush in 2004.

9 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Anyone who relies on Lyndon LaRouche's PAC for facts . . . What you are getting are selective facts to bolster a predetermined opinion.

Kerry was the first to be "Swift Boated" by PACs who didn't constrain themselves by the facts. It's one of the models for how to run a negative campaign. They learned a lot from Lee Atwater.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    So, I am right to assume Kerry was a democrat?

What many seem to be ignoring here is that so much of how they see each candidate is reflecting the information they are getting from the media, all of the media and that is, sadly, very biased take on the truth and facts out there.

Do filter thru all you hear a bit better, don't use sound bites heard here and there to represent what you think, do your own thinking.
    I think AnneFS' point was that Republicans consider a french-speaking American dude to be somehow "less than".... when it suits them. And, by the way, what a stupid criticism.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Kathy S., it's pretty inappropriate to edit someone else's post to say the exact opposite of what they wrote. But, hey, with Romney as a role model, I guess I can see why you are comfortable doing it.
    My point is that each side here is saying the exact same thing about their candidate. Switch the names/parties, read the posts, and there you go. Questionable as to if it's inappropriate or not; I've certainly seen a lot worse here (e.g. name calling, etc.) As far as Romney being my role model, apparently you haven't read my posts (and I doubt that you will) but I'm an Independent and voted accordingly.
    Despite all that, there are some great debates going on in this thread and I agree with some of what's being posted.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Anyone who relies on Lyndon LaRouche's PAC for facts . . .

Whatever do you mean viney?

According to their site, "Lyndon LaRouche and LaRouchePAC are what stand between you and an otherwise inevitable collapse of civilization."
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Kathy S., I have read your posts and am aware you identify as an Independent. I still think that modifying someone's post the way you did is inappropriate, as it gives the impression that someone said something that they did not say.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Third time posting this....no response.
    Yeah, still waiting here too. I'd love to hear from at least one Romney/Ryan supporter on HOW they think he is going to improve this country. Stating that he isn't President Obama and it's time to give someone else a chance just doesn't cut it with me. I also wonder how many of Romney's supporters actually looked as his record as Governor of Massachusetts.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    According to their site, "Lyndon LaRouche and LaRouchePAC are what stand between you and an otherwise inevitable collapse of civilization."
    Oh good, I'm so relieved.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Bluey, I'm sorry, but are you really engaging in a discussion on U.S. politics when you don't know who John Kerry is? He was the Democratic Party candidate that ran against G.W. Bush in 2004.
    So, I am not good with names that don't matter.
    That doesn't mean I don't have a valid opinion or that my vote doesn't count.

Thanks for the information on who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    My point is that each side here is saying the exact same thing about their candidate. Switch the names/parties, read the posts, and there you go.
    No, there is a huge difference in the two sides. Sure, we do have a lot in common. Romney also supports universal health care, for instance.

There is no way you can switch Romney and Obama around on supporting Mourdock's "God intended that" rape comment.

There is no way you can switch around Romney and Obama on FEMA.

There is no way you can switch around ANY Democratic candidate with Republicans Todd Akin, Tom Smith, Richard Mourdock, or Terry England.

Terry England is the Republican from GA who wants women to carry stillborn babies through to term because it's what the pigs and cows do down on the farm.

http://blisstree.com/live/georgia-re...e-cows-do-693/

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    No, there is a huge difference in the two sides. Sure, we do have a lot in common. Romney also supports universal health care, for instance.

There is no way you can switch Romney and Obama around on supporting Mourdock's "God intended that" rape comment.

There is no way you can switch around Romney and Obama on FEMA.

There is no way you can switch around ANY Democratic candidate with Republicans Todd Akin, Tom Smith, Richard Mourdock, or Terry England.

Terry England is the Republican from GA who wants women to carry stillborn babies through to term because it's what the pigs and cows do down on the farm.

http://blisstree.com/live/georgia-re...e-cows-do-693/
    I know plenty of very liberal people that think we should turn to anarchy and then we can rebuild "the perfect", liberal of course, society from the ashes.

So, you can find nuts on both extremes and some in between, I am sure.

On the other hand, I also know way more that are sick of these parties, both of them, those that represent these parties and of the election battles.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    Ok so Palin and Bachman were not perfect. But Hilary gets a pass for the "right-wing" conspiracy during the Monica farce and being unable to find documents that "suddenly" appeared on a table in the WH? Shall we look at the tape of Biden asking, twice, if anyone in the audience had family members in Iraq and Iran. . .and Harry Reid raised his hand both times. I could go on, but it is pointless. Dems misspeak, Repubs are stupid in your world.
    Not what I said. I said that these two women ONLY are responsible for their misfortunes in the press, and that Bush was, IMO, unjustly accused of being stupid. These two women, especially Palin, made comments that I would not expect an elementary school child to make. Bachman is the embarrassment of MN, yet her district just keeps electing her. The point was that they were NOT mistreated because of their sex, but what came out of their own damn mouths.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Bluey, there is a vast difference in people you may "know" and the extreme right wing politicians advocating their extreme views. I think you missed the point of AnneFS's post.