The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

ROFL - now I need a drink with that brain bleach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Just think about me in my underwear. You'll feel much much better.

1 members found this post helpful.

I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can look at the past 3 1/2 years and still want to vote for Obama. He has damaged this country more than any other President I can think of. Makes Carter look like a genius.

Said he'd be bipartisan.....first words to the Republicans were "elections have consequences and I won". Way to go Prez, that'll sure help you work across the aisle.

Obamacare pushed through with backroom deals and buyoffs, totally partisan, that no one read. Remember Pelosi...."we have to pass it to see what's in it..." They're STILL trying to read it and STILL finding unseen consequences after 2 years. Has doubled insurance premiums instead of cutting it in half like promised. On a personal note, my insurance will be going up over 300% within the next couple years and not cover what I'm covered for now. Gee, thanks.

Stimulus? So much fraud and wasted dollars there, and remember we had to borrow the money from China. Helped the companies overseas, though. Here? Not so much. The U.S. economy is doing worse this year and that was worse than the year before. We're sliding downhill and the hill's getting steeper. His policies will only make things worse.

He has succeeded with his energy policy. He said he'd make coal fired plants so expensive they'd go out of business. Yup. He also said that due to the EPA regulations he'd put in place "energy prices will necessarily skyrocket". Yup. Did that.

Yes, we're producing more oil and gas, but on PRIVATE lands, not federal. He's cut federal drilling permits by unprecedented percentage. But, while denying permits to American companies, he's helping fund other countries, i.e. Brazil and they too are drilling in the gulf. He likes to spread the wealth around globally.

If I hear "fair tax, the millionaires and billionaires should pay their fair share" one more time, I think I'll throw up. Increasing the tax on the wealthy does, in fact, cost jobs and the entire amount of tax increase he's proposing will fund the government....wait for it.....about 17 days. He has NO plan for reducing the deficit. It's like he's playing with monopoly money.

At least he HAS put forth a yearly budget, which is more than you can say for the Harry Reid led Senate. Of course, he couldn't even get one single democratic vote for it. Like I said, no concept of money.

The congress, on the other hand, has submitted a budget every year and shipped it over to the Senate. The way it's supposed to work is the Senate also proposes a budget and then they work on it back and forth slicing and dicing and rearranging until they come to a consensus to get one passed. That's really hard to do when the Senate leader doesn't put forth a budget to send to the congress and just sticks the congress's proposed budget in a drawer to gather dust. Which he's done for 3 years.

Foreign policy? My God. We've never been so lightly regarded since before WWI. Our enemies don't fear us and our allies can't trust us. In spite of the Prez saying to Putin "I can be more flexible after the election" (Lord only knows what that means) Putin has pretty much said ef you. No renewal of the Start treaty. Growing more and more hardline and less cooperative all the time. He has ZERO respect for Obama. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a joke.

The mideast is a disaster. Benghazi is a crime. The President is a liar. Big lies.
    Is he incompetent? YES most definitely. Benghazi should NOT have happened. The blood of those Americans are on his hands. The ambassador and his aide, due to his incompetence at providing the added security they'd repeatedly requested. The 2 seals, because he refused to send help when asked for.

Look at the timeline. They watched while the events were unfolding. They KNEW it was a terrorist attack and there was no #*$# video.

For 2 weeks he and his administration said it was definitely NOT a terrorist attack, that it was a mob protest due to the video. Repeatedly. This was a lie. He knew it was a lie. Why?

He said as information came in it was released to the American public. Another lie.

He said he called in the sec of defense and gen Dempsey and told them to do all possible to aide. If he did, in fact, say that, it would be an order. Then we here from Sec Defense that he, Gen Dempsey and Gen Ham all agreed they couldn't send help because they didn't have enough information. I can pretty much guarantee that aide was sent in a lot of instances that had a whole lot less information than that given by boots on the ground (under fire) and a drove videoing everything from above. So can the Sec of Defense refuse to do what the President said he instructed to do?

Gen Ham told Rep. Chaffetz(sp) that yes, he had the planes,....yes, he had the men and yes they could have deployed in time to help. He also said that he was never asked to go to their aide.

In fact, Gen Ham has been relieved and is reportedly "retiring". 6 months before scheduled. Doesn't this raise a few eyebrows? From the numerous military threads I've been reading, the scuttlebutt is that he told the white house his men were ready and he was told to "stand down" and he said "screw it, I'm sending help" and was relieved within 2 minutes by his second in command. If I had to guess, he was subsequently informed that he could either retire and keep his benefits or be courtmartialed for insubordination and failure to obey a direct command from the CIC.

The plot thickens.....within another day or so Rear Admiral Gaouette was relieved of command also and ordered back to the states for an investigation of "inappropriate judegement". So you have the 2 highest ranking officers relieved of duty within a couple days of each other.

No coverup? This is going to be so much worse than watergate.

Can you imagine how relieved the Prez is for this storm? He's still hoping he can run out the clock. But President Nixon was able to run out the clock and get reelected too. Look how well that turned out. Oh yeah, we still had a press that did true investigative journalism. Now we have a press that's helping the current administration try to cover their behinds.

Y'all can turn a blind eye to this all you want. Obama just isn't the guy you think he is. He doesn't like America. He SAID he didn't like America and that he wanted to "fundamentally change her". He's doing all he can to fulfill his promise.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can look at the past 3 1/2 years and still want to vote for Obama. He has damaged this country more than any other President I can think of. Makes Carter look like a genius.

Said he'd be bipartisan.....first words to the Republicans were "elections have consequences and I won". Way to go Prez, that'll sure help you work across the aisle.

Obamacare pushed through with backroom deals and buyoffs, totally partisan, that no one read. Remember Pelosi...."we have to pass it to see what's in it..." They're STILL trying to read it and STILL finding unseen consequences after 2 years. Has doubled insurance premiums instead of cutting it in half like promised. On a personal note, my insurance will be going up over 300% within the next couple years and not cover what I'm covered for now. Gee, thanks.

Stimulus? So much fraud and wasted dollars there, and remember we had to borrow the money from China. Helped the companies overseas, though. Here? Not so much. The U.S. economy is doing worse this year and that was worse than the year before. We're sliding downhill and the hill's getting steeper. His policies will only make things worse.

He has succeeded with his energy policy. He said he'd make coal fired plants so expensive they'd go out of business. Yup. He also said that due to the EPA regulations he'd put in place "energy prices will necessarily skyrocket". Yup. Did that.

Yes, we're producing more oil and gas, but on PRIVATE lands, not federal. He's cut federal drilling permits by unprecedented percentage. But, while denying permits to American companies, he's helping fund other countries, i.e. Brazil and they too are drilling in the gulf. He likes to spread the wealth around globally.

If I hear "fair tax, the millionaires and billionaires should pay their fair share" one more time, I think I'll throw up. Increasing the tax on the wealthy does, in fact, cost jobs and the entire amount of tax increase he's proposing will fund the government....wait for it.....about 17 days. He has NO plan for reducing the deficit. It's like he's playing with monopoly money.

At least he HAS put forth a yearly budget, which is more than you can say for the Harry Reid led Senate. Of course, he couldn't even get one single democratic vote for it. Like I said, no concept of money.

The congress, on the other hand, has submitted a budget every year and shipped it over to the Senate. The way it's supposed to work is the Senate also proposes a budget and then they work on it back and forth slicing and dicing and rearranging until they come to a consensus to get one passed. That's really hard to do when the Senate leader doesn't put forth a budget to send to the congress and just sticks the congress's proposed budget in a drawer to gather dust. Which he's done for 3 years.

Foreign policy? My God. We've never been so lightly regarded since before WWI. Our enemies don't fear us and our allies can't trust us. In spite of the Prez saying to Putin "I can be more flexible after the election" (Lord only knows what that means) Putin has pretty much said ef you. No renewal of the Start treaty. Growing more and more hardline and less cooperative all the time. He has ZERO respect for Obama. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a joke.

The mideast is a disaster. Benghazi is a crime. The President is a liar. Big lies.
    Is he incompetent? YES most definitely. Benghazi should NOT have happened. The blood of those Americans are on his hands. The ambassador and his aide, due to his incompetence at providing the added security they'd repeatedly requested. The 2 seals, because he refused to send help when asked for.

Look at the timeline. They watched while the events were unfolding. They KNEW it was a terrorist attack and there was no #*$# video.

For 2 weeks he and his administration said it was definitely NOT a terrorist attack, that it was a mob protest due to the video. Repeatedly. This was a lie. He knew it was a lie. Why?

He said as information came in it was released to the American public. Another lie.

He said he called in the sec of defense and gen Dempsey and told them to do all possible to aide. If he did, in fact, say that, it would be an order. Then we here from Sec Defense that he, Gen Dempsey and Gen Ham all agreed they couldn't send help because they didn't have enough information. I can pretty much guarantee that aide was sent in a lot of instances that had a whole lot less information than that given by boots on the ground (under fire) and a drove videoing everything from above. So can the Sec of Defense refuse to do what the President said he instructed to do?

Gen Ham told Rep. Chaffetz(sp) that yes, he had the planes,....yes, he had the men and yes they could have deployed in time to help. He also said that he was never asked to go to their aide.

In fact, Gen Ham has been relieved and is reportedly "retiring". 6 months before scheduled. Doesn't this raise a few eyebrows? From the numerous military threads I've been reading, the scuttlebutt is that he told the white house his men were ready and he was told to "stand down" and he said "screw it, I'm sending help" and was relieved within 2 minutes by his second in command. If I had to guess, he was subsequently informed that he could either retire and keep his benefits or be courtmartialed for insubordination and failure to obey a direct command from the CIC.

The plot thickens.....within another day or so Rear Admiral Gaouette was relieved of command also and ordered back to the states for an investigation of "inappropriate judegement". So you have the 2 highest ranking officers relieved of duty within a couple days of each other.

Can you imagine how relieved the Prez is for this storm? He's still hoping he can run out the clock. But President Nixon was able to run out the clock and get reelected too. Look how well that turned out. Oh yeah, we still had a press that did true investigative journalism. Now we have a press that's helping the current administration try to cover their behinds.

Y'all can turn a blind eye to this all you want. Obama just isn't the guy you think he is. He doesn't like America. He SAID he didn't like America and that he wanted to "fundamentally change her". He's doing all he can to fulfill his promise.
    THANKS minnie!

I was starting to thinkg the COTH political thread was being overrun by posts from Obama and Biden trolls.

4 members found this post helpful.

Ireland's economy went under. Had to be bailed out. Was that obama's fault?

Greece's economy tanked. And is being bailed out. Was that Obama's fault?

Spain's economy is going to have to be bailed out soon.. Is that Obama's fault?

Italy's economy is going to have to be bailed out soon. Is that obama's fault?

We are, we being the people on this planet, are in a worldwide recession. Obama cannot do what the white politicians in others countries cannot do.

This is why I prefer southern bigots to yankee bigots:
    Southern male bigot says: "I don't want a black man to be president!" (What he means: "I don't want a black man to be president and the only thing worse that that would be to have a woman president.")

What yankees (male and female) say: "Obama is a muslim."
    What yankees mean: "Barack is black."

What yankees say: "Obama was not born in the USA."
    What yankees mean: "Barack is black."

If you studied history in high school and college, you know that the USA along with the rest of the world wallowed along in years of depression, despite all the programs that FDR instituted to give people jobs. Until WWII. WWII was the catalyst to cause the economy to boom with wartime building. And then the post-war boom. Since we've been involved in so many wars on so many fronts in the middle east for years, a wartime building boom is not going to save us now.

Now is the time to demand that all our senators and representatives work together to try to find solutions to all the problems that were caused before Obama was elected, and after Clinton left office. We cannot keep invading countries in the middle east and losing those wars. All that money needs to be spent here to create jobs.

I am not a fan of Obama. But I fear someone who would have let GM and Chrysler go under. EVen the presidents of those 2 companies admit that Obama saved them and all their employees.

8 members found this post helpful.

Ditto this! Good post Minnie!

7 members found this post helpful.

It's a fantastic waste of time to blame Obama for the craptastic economic stuff that has gone down during his term. We have been here before: Witness Herbert Hoover and the Great Depression.

If you think it makes a bit of difference which guy we elect-- or that the only way out of this mess isn't increased taxation that everyone will feel, you aren't in touch with math.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

6 members found this post helpful.

Oh boy. Someone watches Fox News.

Just sittin back with the popcorn and Halloween candy to see the responses to this one come in.

This has NOTHING to do with race. I voted for Obama 4 years ago because I believed his lies and thought he might really be different and bring on positive change. He's lost my vote because of his record over the last 3.5 years. My changing my vote has NOTHING to do with race...his or mine. I don't know of anyone who has said or implied that they will not vote for him due to his race either. I'm getting really tired of liberals bashing whites for being racist when it simply isn't true.

FWIW, I am a registered Independent.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Oh boy. Someone watches Fox News.

Just sittin back with the popcorn and Halloween candy to see the responses to this one come in.
    Yes. "Obama & Biden trolls". Gotta love the value of specifics.....

Still, there seems to be no one telling us about how the Romney/Ryan team will fix this economy. I even posted the 5 point plan twice.

So, minnie, are you also still of the opinion that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fake?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Yes. "Obama & Biden trolls". Gotta love the value of specifics.....
    Yes, didn't you know that anyone who would vote for Obama is automatically a troll? From here on out, anyone who does not agree with me is a "troll." That's it! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to make it a new rule.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post

Still, there seems to be no one telling us about how the Romney/Ryan team will fix this economy. I even posted the 5 point plan twice.
    Yeah I wanna know about this one too--anyone?? Can anyone tell us?

P.S.: You'll probably appreciate this http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

Well darn it.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

I'm sorry, but how can you honestly believe the mess created was OBAMA's fault?

Has he done a great job of cleaning it up? No.

Could someone else have done better? Who knows.

But to blatantly ignore the disaster the Bush administration caused just seems very ignorant and/or biased to me.

Here's a basic scenario and question:
    You have two kids. One takes out all the toys and dumps them on the floor and makes a huge mess. The other child tries to clean up before you find out by putting everything back, but instead he/she just ends up making the room look completely disorganized. Who's to blame?

For the record I am not a liberal or a republican, I fall very much in the middle.

And if I hear "...except in the case of rape, incest, or the life of the mother is in danger" one more time I'm going to stab myself in the eye with a pencil.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

10 members found this post helpful.

Yeah I wanna know about this one too--anyone?? Can anyone tell us?

I love it !

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    So, minnie, are you also still of the opinion that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fake?
    Nope, never been a birther. Don't really care. However, I AM mildly curious as to why he's spent so much money to seal his school records. I'm guessing (just guessing, now!) that it's entirely possible that he applied as a foreign exchange student. Which I would find totally hilarious.

Please, can you pinpoint any errors in my rather long winded post? Most of it is from my own observations, watching Obama's speeches, reading the army times, navy circulars, military forums, including people who have served with both the General and the Admiral and had only the highest remarks and respect for both of them. Add to that the financial times, yahoo, investor's daily, a lot of different investing sites and a couple from Britain. I tend to get as much news from the financial rags as I can, as they really don't give a you know what as to party, only concerned with what affects various economies and markets. As to the economic failures of the aforementioned countries, their liberal policies and economic malfeasance is how they're tanking to begin with. Many of the same policies are esteemed President advocates. If you're a poor country, you just can't have all the giveaways. You need a strong economy. Which means, if you really want to have all the grand help each other policies, the first thing you need to do is skyrocket the economy. Which Obama hasn't done and will not be able to do with the same policies. He hasn't come up with anything new.

Nope, never been a birther. Don't really care. However, I AM mildly curious as to why he's spent so much money to seal his school records. I'm guessing (just guessing, now!) that it's entirely possible that he applied as a foreign exchange student.
    Where does this "he paid to seal his school records" thing come from?

My understanding is those records are automatically sealed, as in, schools cannot release ANYONE's records without that person's consent/request.

Am I wrong?

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/

Claims #1, 2 and 4, college records. Obama’s college records are not “sealed” by a court order, as this graphic would have you believe. It would be illegal under federal law (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) for Occidental, Columbia or Harvard Law School to give any former student’s records to reporters or members of the public without that person’s specific, written permission. Obama hasn’t released them, but neither have other presidential candidates released their college records. George W. Bush’s grades at Yale eventually became public, but only because somebody leaked them to the New Yorker magazine. Bush himself refused to release them, according to a 1999 profile in the Washington Post.
    (oh, it appears I'm not.)
    Last edited by caffeinated; Oct. 31, 2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: add quote
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

1) What makes you think Obama spent lots of money to seal his school records? You heard that somewhere and it's not true. It costs nothing to not release your college transcripts. FERPA prevents the release of educational records to anyone without permission, including the student's parents, even if they pay the bills (know that one well as the parent of two college students ).

2) If you think the "financial rags" are impartial, you are deluded. Especially IBD. Geez.

5 members found this post helpful.

I copied this from a comment from another status, the writer of this is Mark BigDog Johnston –

The Mess and how Obama inherited it – read it slowly and let it sink in...
    This tells the story of why Bush looked so bad at the end of his term.
    Don't just skim over this, it's not long, but read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out!
    The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007, the day democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.
    The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
    For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault," think about this:
    January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:
    The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77.
    The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%.
    The Unemployment rate was 4.6%.
    George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH.
    Remember the day...
    January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
    The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
    BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!
    It started with Jimmy Carter and his Housing and Community Investment Act of 1977, broadened by Bill Clinton, enforced by Janet Reno, then sent over the cliff by Frank & Dodd. Oh, Obama, as an attorney in Chicago working on behalf of ACORN, successfully sued Citibank for loan discrimination under Reno's tenure!
    Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!
    Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.
    And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
    And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
    OBAMA and the Democrat Congress.
    So when someone tries to blame Bush..
    REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
    Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.
    Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.
    In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.
    For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.
    And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.
    If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
    If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.
    In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

Nope, never been a birther. Don't really care. However, I AM mildly curious as to why he's spent so much money to seal his school records. I'm guessing (just guessing, now!) that it's entirely possible that he applied as a foreign exchange student. Which I would find totally hilarious.

Please, can you pinpoint any errors in my rather long winded post? Most of it is from my own observations, watching Obama's speeches, reading the army times, navy circulars, military forums, including people who have served with both the General and the Admiral and had only the highest remarks and respect for both of them. Add to that the financial times, yahoo, investor's daily, a lot of different investing sites and a couple from Britain. I tend to get as much news from the financial rags as I can, as they really don't give a you know what as to party, only concerned with what affects various economies and markets. As to the economic failures of the aforementioned countries, their liberal policies and economic malfeasance is how they're tanking to begin with. Many of the same policies are esteemed President advocates. If you're a poor country, you just can't have all the giveaways. You need a strong economy. Which means, if you really want to have all the grand help each other policies, the first thing you need to do is skyrocket the economy. Which Obama hasn't done and will not be able to do with the same policies. He hasn't come up with anything new.
    Honestly, no, I'm not going to waste my time going through your ranty, hyperbole-filled post to point out errors.

5 members found this post helpful.