The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 792
  1. #281
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    OK well alrighty then, I can see that someone is trying to re-write history, the Democrats did indeed have a filibuster proof majority in Congress, and still could not accomplish a dang thing.
    Hmmmm there were a record number of filibusters for the 111th Congress 2009/10. Or maybe you live in alternate universe. I don't need to rewrite anything, them's the FACTS ma'am.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I used to be a Republican - until Sarah Palin. I would have voted for John McCain without Palin. In the last election, I actually voted for Ralph Nader.
    I do not think Obama is perfect. I do believe he is more for human rights.
    The Republicans have gone waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too far to the right. There is so much religion involved in the decisions. Not what our founding fathers had in mind - not one bit. I absolutely cannot vote for Romney. Can't do it.
    You know, extremes are bad, no matter what drives them, if religion on one, socialistic ideas in the other.

    Any time someone decides they know what is best for everyone else, no matter what excuse they want to use, then the rest of us needs to be wary, very wary.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I would like to hear from Obama supporters, what do you understand to be his plan for another term?
    You're kidding right ? I still have not heard any details about the Romney/Ryan plan for fixing the economy that I actually listed in my post. President Obama has a nearly 4 year record that includes killing Bin Laden.......and has laid out an infrastructure plan to repair and replace infrastructure that is over 50 (and older) years old.

    So what about that Romney/Ryan plan that makes you supporters so confident about voting for them ?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    You're kidding right ? I still have not heard any details about the Romney/Ryan plan for fixing the economy that I actually listed in my post. President Obama has a nearly 4 year record that includes killing Bin Laden.......and has laid out an infrastructure plan to repair and replace infrastructure that is over 50 (and older) years old.

    So what about that Romney/Ryan plan that makes you supporters so confident about voting for them ?
    Obama will in the next 4 years, fix infrastructure, is that correct? And kill Bin Laden again.



  5. #285
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Hmmmm there were a record number of filibusters for the 111th Congress 2009/10. Or maybe you live in alternate universe. I don't need to rewrite anything, them's the FACTS ma'am.
    You are mistaken, there was a significant amount of time when Obama had a fillibuster proof house and senate.



  6. #286
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Obama will in the next 4 years, fix infrastructure, is that correct? And kill Bin Laden again.
    Obama has a record, remember healthcare reform ?

    Again, what is Romney/Ryan going to do specifically to fix the economy ?

    Crickets.......................................... ..................


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Jun. 12, 2009
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Have any of you noticed the destruction that has happened to the East Coast? Millions of people without power, property damage starting at $50billon according to estimates. Many communities may not be able to vote next Tues etc. Hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people may be disenfranchised next Tues because of widespread destruction. And where is Romney? Handing out water bottles and relief aid in Ohio. Not Nj where the destruction is extreme and widespread but Ohio. Why? Because it's a swing state for the election. So much for caring about all the country!


    4 members found this post helpful.

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Have any of you noticed the destruction that has happened to the East Coast? Millions of people without power, property damage starting at $50billon according to estimates. Many communities may not be able to vote next Tues etc. Hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people may be disenfranchised next Tues because of widespread destruction. And where is Romney? Handing out water bottles and relief aid in Ohio. Not Nj where the destruction is extreme and widespread but Ohio. Why? Because it's a swing state for the election. So much for caring about all the country!
    Yes, I was thinking it would be nice if Obama would ask him to go with him to see the destruction, but that is a photo op to look presidential he would not want to share, even if it would get him brownie points with many.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #289
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2010
    Location
    Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Have any of you noticed the destruction that has happened to the East Coast? Millions of people without power, property damage starting at $50billon according to estimates. Many communities may not be able to vote next Tues etc. Hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people may be disenfranchised next Tues because of widespread destruction. And where is Romney? Handing out water bottles and relief aid in Ohio. Not Nj where the destruction is extreme and widespread but Ohio. Why? Because it's a swing state for the election. So much for caring about all the country!
    Oh, I didn't realize Obama was in Jersey, helping out like you expect Romney to be....oh, yeah, he isn't there yet, either.

    Having dealt with the aftermath of massive disasters, I am willing to bet that the police/local polititians would really rather NEITHER be there at the moment; nothing like pulling people away from little things like saving people to protect a polititian!



  10. #290
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2006
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You know, extremes are bad, no matter what drives them, if religion on one, socialistic ideas in the other.

    Any time someone decides they know what is best for everyone else, no matter what excuse they want to use, then the rest of us needs to be wary, very wary.
    I thought Romney would have had it easily - until he brought Ryan on board. Talk about extremes.



  11. #291
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2000
    Location
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt
    Posts
    18,648

    Default

    Unless I'm remembering things wrong, GWBush was also a Harvard MBA who ran on his business experience. Does anyone believe that he did a good job?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire


    3 members found this post helpful.

  12. #292
    Join Date
    Apr. 11, 2001
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    So what about that Romney/Ryan plan that makes you supporters so confident about voting for them ?
    It is obvious they are not Keynesians. Quite frankly that's all I need.

    The plan lacks specifics because if you want to go to DC and create a bi-partisan plan you can't do it if you've allowed a hostile media to control the dialogue before you even get there. I think the leadership of presidency is bigger than little nitty gritty details. It's about big ideas and concepts then leadership that allows the little details to be hammered out by our representatives that are closer and more easily accountable to the people who voted them in office.

    One thing that isn't mentioned that has a huge effect on any economic plan is energy policy. Obama has been anti-fossil fuel, from blocking the Keystone pipeline, banning drilling on half the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (the North Slope not ANWR,) to strangling the coal industry with regulation and using the Dept. of Justice to harass energy companies. Obama's energy policy makes energy more expensive--something his secretary of energy is on record saying is a good thing. I don't think there is a single element that has more effect on the cost of every thing we purchase than the cost of energy. If we can increase our energy production not only can we create a huge number of jobs in the energy sector the increase supply of energy will drop energy prices and will be a huge shot in the arm to the growth of industry.

    Beyond the economy, the poorest of our citizens (bottom quintile) spend 25% of their income on energy. They have the least ability to absorb increasing energy costs. How ANYONE say they care about the poor in this country and support the president's energy policy completely mystifies me.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #293
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2000
    Location
    Goochland, VA
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Filibuster proof majority:

    http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/did...-for-how-long/

    Even if I could stomach Romney/Ryan, which I cannot, I could not vote the Republican ticket because of the OTHER parts of that party, the Tea Party and the "Christian" far right. Which have both been amazingly quiet, dontcha think, in light of Romney's gigantic turn around from the extreme conservative views he espoused during primary season, to the Obama supporter he seemed to be in he last debate. Where are these people? What have they been promised if they keep quiet til after the election??
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Have any of you noticed the destruction that has happened to the East Coast? Millions of people without power, property damage starting at $50billon according to estimates. Many communities may not be able to vote next Tues etc. Hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people may be disenfranchised next Tues because of widespread destruction. And where is Romney? Handing out water bottles and relief aid in Ohio. Not Nj where the destruction is extreme and widespread but Ohio. Why? Because it's a swing state for the election. So much for caring about all the country!
    Actually he is doging the question about whether to get rid of FEMA and have every state handle emergency management on their own which is what he stated during the GOP debates and even wrote an argument about it. Someone posted his argument here. Might be a good time to repeat his reasons for getting rid of FEMA.

    personally, I think having a coordinated response that includes states but is managed idependantly such as FEMA makes management consistent and uses more experiance and is likely more efficient. But this evading the issues is getting comical.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #295
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercedespony View Post
    I thought Romney would have had it easily - until he brought Ryan on board. Talk about extremes.
    I have said before, we need another check box in our ballots, "none of the above" and if enough vote that, let them bring a new set of people for us to vote for.



  16. #296
    Join Date
    Jul. 28, 2006
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    One thing that isn't mentioned that has a huge effect on any economic plan is energy policy. Obama has been anti-fossil fuel, from blocking the Keystone pipeline, banning drilling on half the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (the North Slope not ANWR,) to strangling the coal industry with regulation and using the Dept. of Justice to harass energy companies. Obama's energy policy makes energy more expensive--something his secretary of energy is on record saying is a good thing. I don't think there is a single element that has more effect on the cost of every thing we purchase than the cost of energy. If we can increase our energy production not only can we create a huge number of jobs in the energy sector the increase supply of energy will drop energy prices and will be a huge shot in the arm to the growth of industry.
    Let's make this very clear - Obama did not block the Keystone pipelines.

    There are some serious environmental concerns, on both sides of the border, about how to effectively move the crude through our water resources. Valid concerns.

    Obama postponed the decision until further environmental studies are done, and different maps routed. As he should have.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  17. #297
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    I called him Barry, how is that a bad name?

    Barack Hussein Obama

    Would you rather I call him Hussein?

    Obama dumped 9 bil into "Solar" projects that are bankrupt now, and makes sure that Planned Parenthood gets a chunk of my taxes. He also kept the wars going everyone wanted to hang Bush for and I still cant hardly afford to fill my basic 4 cyl car with gas.

    We are broke and being told, "Shhhhh more contraceptives, and more same sex marriage rights, and we are on our way to being ok."

    If I don't earn the right to call him Barry for every extra dollar going out of my household I dont know who has.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/


    2 members found this post helpful.

  18. #298
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    It is obvious they are not Keynesians. Quite frankly that's all I need.

    The plan lacks specifics because if you want to go to DC and create a bi-partisan plan you can't do it if you've allowed a hostile media to control the dialogue before you even get there. I think the leadership of presidency is bigger than little nitty gritty details. It's about big ideas and concepts then leadership that allows the little details to be hammered out by our representatives that are closer and more easily accountable to the people who voted them in office.

    One thing that isn't mentioned that has a huge effect on any economic plan is energy policy. Obama has been anti-fossil fuel, from blocking the Keystone pipeline, banning drilling on half the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (the North Slope not ANWR,) to strangling the coal industry with regulation and using the Dept. of Justice to harass energy companies. Obama's energy policy makes energy more expensive--something his secretary of energy is on record saying is a good thing. I don't think there is a single element that has more effect on the cost of every thing we purchase than the cost of energy. If we can increase our energy production not only can we create a huge number of jobs in the energy sector the increase supply of energy will drop energy prices and will be a huge shot in the arm to the growth of industry.

    Beyond the economy, the poorest of our citizens (bottom quintile) spend 25% of their income on energy. They have the least ability to absorb increasing energy costs. How ANYONE say they care about the poor in this country and support the president's energy policy completely mystifies me.
    So what's the plan for energy ? Again, no answers just "we need energy" . The GOP bashed the government loan for solar, so what is the GOP plan ? Romney/Ryan plan ? Energy is finite, how do you get to energy independance with Romney/Ryan ? It is a tough problem and the American people deserve to be provided a plan not ridicule of the president.

    All I ever hear from the Obama bashers is that they don't like what he is saying, doing or proposing. It is time to put up your own plans and let the people decide what direction they choose. To continue this charade of pretending to have a plan is the most insulting statement to the American people and to think that there are some of you that find this charade something to vote for is sad.

    Between the nonsense of his 5 point economic plan-which I shared on this board-and the social agenda of defunding Planned Parenthood and getting rid of a womans right to choose I cannot believe that anyone could support such a joke of a candidate.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercedespony View Post
    Let's make this very clear - Obama did not block the Keystone pipelines.

    There are some serious environmental concerns, on both sides of the border, about how to effectively move the crude through our water resources. Valid concerns.

    Obama postponed the decision until further environmental studies are done, and different maps routed. As he should have.
    Read that you posted, then think about that carefully.

    That ought to be the most absurd excuse for saying someone didn't do what they did I have ever read.

    Let me explain that, in case you still don't see it.
    If he had some reason or another, if you or anyone else think those were good or bad reasons, that is immaterial to the reality that the pipeline didn't get approved by him.

    I don't care either way about the pipeline or Obama being right or wrong, just the lack of logic in that post floored me.



  20. #300
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Well. Some of us WOMEN are worried planned parenthood will be the ONLY one left in business.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. CAUTION! POLITICAL THREAD!
    By Frank B in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
  2. For the political threads...
    By CosMonster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr. 2, 2011, 02:39 PM
  3. Replies: 151
    Last Post: Feb. 5, 2011, 07:07 PM
  4. First political thread this off topic day...
    By dressurpferd01 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan. 14, 2011, 05:56 PM
  5. The political thread
    By dizzywriter in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May. 18, 2010, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •