The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes View Post
    They ignore the fact that President Barack Obama's proposal for the upcoming budget sequester would cut nearly $900 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, including disaster relief, food and shelter, and flood management at both the federal and state levels.

The cuts, detailed on pages 94 through 96 of the White House's sequestration proposal, released in mid-September, show how far the Obama administration has been willing to go in order to preserve the idea of tax hikes on "millionaires and billionaires" rather than reaching a comprehensive grand bargain on deficit reduction that does not place additional burdens on the economy or essential services.

Hmmm?? Very interesting!
    Except that, unfortunately, the Truth-O-Meter states the clause came from the Republican Congress. But go ahead, keep on blaming it on the black guy if it makes you feel any better about the representatives YOU elected!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

8 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

If Obama proposed sequestration to force realistic budget compromises instead of automatic cuts, Congress passed it. Then Congress couldn't come up with realistic budget compromises. Why? Because tax increases were verboten.

Take a look at the Truth O' Meter pages for "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire". Odd how many come from the reactionaries.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gs/pants-fire/
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

4 members found this post helpful.

If the rich would just pay a little more...

Barry has a plan alright lol
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Taxes are at their lowest percentage of GDP in decades. Everyone should be paying more taxes. I'm ready to go back to the Clinton tax rates.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Taxes are at their lowest percentage of GDP in decades. Everyone should be paying more taxes. I'm ready to go back to the Clinton tax rates.
    There is absolutely nothing to prevent you from sending the Fed as much money as you would like. Feel free.

I continue to read what each party stands for and I will continue to vote Democrat.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    Read both again. You missed some things.
    She said she read it and it does not say that. Ball is in YOUR court to show where it does.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Romney has come out clearly against federal disaster planning and relief.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/op...me&ref=general
    The states should control it. Look at the goat rope that Katrina was...plus look at the fraud that has occurred after every weather event. Thousands of people receive checks from FEMA that didn't even live in afflicted areas...

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    If the rich would just pay a little more...

Barry has a plan alright lol
    It's president Barack Obama. I find the lack of respect by some very childish, but then I wouldn't let my children speak of any president like this.

9 members found this post helpful.

Do you really want to count why is calling any sitting president the worst names, after 8 years of shameful liberal Bush bashing?

I was wondering how loud some would squeal when the shoe was on the other foot.

Yes, I do think it is shameful, but from BOTH sides, including yours.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    You do realize that raising the tax rates does not correlate with amount of revenue from taxes?

Several times in modern history tax rates have been lowered and the result was an increase in revenue. (It's been done by both parties.) We will NEVER be able to tax our way out of our debt. The only way to decrease the debt is to increase the economy. The way to grow the economy is to get those with the resources to invest in the economy, and to do that you've got to let them keep more of their own money so they can invest more of it. 100k will do more good in the the hands of an individual to grow the economy than the same 100k in the hands of the government to grow the economy.

Obama has tried to stimulate the economy through government spending. It isn't working by any economic chart you can find. With 4 years, each with 1+ trillion deficit, if that route was going to work we would have seen indications of it by now. Time to fire him and let someone else give it a shot.
    Last edited by subk; Oct. 30, 2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typos

Bluey, no one is calling either Bush names.

"let someone give it a shot "

No thanks, while the economy is important AND IMPROVING, there is a lot more to running a country than "fixing an economy" which I don't understand since the very same people who support Romney/Ryan believe that government should stay out of the economy. So how is that Romney/Ryan can fix the economy when they are elected into government positions ? Or is it that only democrat politicians should stay out of the economy ? I have never understood that.

If you are deregulating Wall Street, well gee I think Clinton did that and we ended up with 2008 when the markets went off the cliff. Deregulation of the Savings and Loan banks in 1990's ended up the same, banks making risky deals and losing other people's money. We tried deregulation of utilities in CA and we ended up with Enron creating rolling blackouts to get them higher energy contracts.

What's the Romney/Ryan plan ?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    Except that, unfortunately, the Truth-O-Meter states the clause came from the Republican Congress. But go ahead, keep on blaming it on the black guy if it makes you feel any better about the representatives YOU elected!
    My mistake War Admiral, mea culpa.

Now do us all a favor and take a freaking chill pill would ya!! If you can't communicate without being so rudely verbose that maybe you should step away from the computer. Over reaction table for one!! I didn't kick your damn puppy!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    If you are deregulating Wall Street, well gee I think Clinton did that and we ended up with 2008 when the markets went off the cliff.
    sv you are smarter than to buy that deregulation or the Bush tax cuts were the cause of the 2008 crisis.

Only in some delusional alternate reality is the economy making any real improvement.

Oh and by the way, since Obama talks about the evils and abuses of Wall Street why hasn't his justice department brought charges on even a single Wall street entity for their role in the financial crisis. In his infamous "Big Bird Ad" comparing Wall St. and Sesame St. he puts up the pictures Madoff, Lay and Kozlowski, but none of them were brought to justice because of the Obama administration. Lay and Kozlowski, were charged and convicted by Bush and Madoff was turned in by his son before Obama took office and then plead guilty. You think Romney is in the clutches of Wall St? Obama has shown Wall St. that it is open season and they won't be held accountable for anything!

I asked a question, a question I am tired of asking since the Romney/Ryan supporters keep ignoring tha obvious question. But hey, I'll ask it again:

What is the Romney/Ryan plan to fix the economy ? I have not heard an answer just babbling about evil Obama.

5 members found this post helpful.

I asked a question, a question I am tired of asking since the Romney/Ryan supporters keep ignoring tha obvious question. But hey, I'll ask it again:

What is the Romney/Ryan plan to fix the economy ? I have not heard an answer just babbling about evil Obama.
    As I would hate to be accused of "babbling" here is a link that explains his jobs plans. I'm sure this will be much clearer than anything I could type. http://www.mittromney.com/jobsplan Direct from the horses mouth. There is also quite a bit of other information regarding his plans on that site. It's really easy to find! This site should answer all your questions!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

That's because R/R don't have a plan.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

I think it is astonishing how many people seem to believe in the myth of a "self made" person. Don't people realize that those of us that are successful need a stable society in which to attain success? It would be significantly more difficult to earn a decent living if we were all worrying about boiling river water to drink, thrashing our way through the woods to get to work instead of taking public roads, fighting off mentally ill people who cannot obtain the care they need, dealing with thugs breaking into our homes and cars all the time because there are no social programs in place to help them...I could go on.

I realize I'm speaking in extremes, but really, government programs that help "others" DO HELP ALL OF US. Just because you might not see it in the form of a check arriving at your door (though some of us do - unemployment, medicaid, medicare, etc.), does not mean that you are not a passive beneficiary of social and healthcare programs.

Example: Planned Parenthood. One of the primary providers of women's health services. Many women go there for annual exams, pap smears, STD testing, etc. If we de-fund Planned Parenthood, some women may not have other options. Should we all just cross our fingers and hope that none of the women who are no longer getting annual STD testing and pap smears pick up an STD or HPV and pass it along to "the rest of us"? Not bloody likely.

Sometimes the question "are you better off" is not as easily answered as it might seem. But, since someone asked it, yes, I am better off now than I was in 2008, in every way.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I just happen to believe that Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history.

Starting with the deal he made with Iran about the hostages before his swearing in, followed by the Iran-Contra affair, followed by interest rates of up to 23%, followed by the great crash of 1987, followed by saddling the country with the biggest peacetime deficit in history, followed by the Saving and Loan crisis, etc., etc.

I really do not understand how any thinking person could worship at the church of Reagan government.

His brain matched his TV host exterior. I'm convinced that he was a mere puppet of someone or something.
    Don't forget amnesty for illegal immigrants and cutting taxes so much that Bush Sr. had to come back and raise them again.

2 members found this post helpful.