The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pokey, I have made some elaborate/cool costumes in my day (and I have pretty well developed sewing skills)... but I bow down to your midget clown shark. That is FABULOUS.

And for those of us with an irrational fear of sharks, your write up of the fresh-water/land walking midwestern great white is terrifying! It COULD happen, I swear!

outside__line, thanks!

I laughed so hard when I first hung it up from the ceiling rafters - I had no idea what I'd gotten myself into, but go big or go home, right? My husband was SO not amused.

He recently made the mistake of telling me of a fear of conjoined twins, and I had grand plans of making him a midget conjoined twin costume, but just didn't get to it. And I think he may divorce me if I do...but I can't not make it now...so next year there'll be another.

Okay, the Midget Clown Shark wins Hallowe'en.

The Midget Clown Shark has long been under appreciated...so now I am quite glad!

I'm pretty sure I could whip up the midget conjoined twin costume in an evening...just need printer fabric, a photo of my husband, and a large floppy doll with it's head ripped off. Sew on my stuffed husbands head, sew the whole concoction to a shirt (preferable the midget clown shark shirt I made) and voila! Midget conjoined twin...

It seems that everyone is now excited for Halloween party. Some are still looking for the best costume to wear. Depending on your ultimate goal, your Halloween costume may end up being humorous or scary. Either way, Halloween is almost here, and also you had better get going if your costume is going to beat out the competition.

Pokey, you owe me a lung because I just busted mine laughing at the awesomely twisted grandeur of your Midget Clown Shark! You are an evil genius with a wonderfully off-beat sense of humor and I tip my hat to your creative, gut-bustingly amusing psychological torture of your husband. ;-) And I mean that in a totally positive way. Can't wait for next year's conjoined midget twin. You could make it out of papier mâché, a la Michael from The Office.

You definitely win Halloween.

I just posted this in the "Last minute costume" thread and It literally took me 10 minutes. it cost about 5$ in walmart halloween stuff.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...36041658_n.jpg
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Frizzle, I could possibly make a paper mâché lung as a Halloween costume, although I expect the impact would not be quite the same.

I thought about making him a giant sock monkey costume last year, but I don't know how to knit...and it would have been too damn cute.

So, so SO glad the midget clown shark is getting it's due!

Evil genius. I like it.