The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've had dreams about both genders! And no, it is NOT twins! In 4 ultrasounds between 8 and 10 weeks, only one baby and one heartbeat. No twins.

I still think I'm dreaming, despite the growing belly and the kicks and punches.

I knew both of mine were boys before I was even pregnant. While I did have US with both, I told them I didn't want to know.

I was right both times.

I too knew both of my babies were boys - from the minute I was pregnant and ultrasounds confirmed it both times. I am a bit of a control freak - I would have found it very difficult not knowing before the birth and glad I knew both times. I don't like surprises.

Hubby and I both guessed boy when I was pregnant. When the ultrasound tech told us it was a boy, we both were like, "Yup, we knew that."

Of course friends kept telling me all these stories of people who had been told they were having boys and it turned out to be wrong, so I was in panic mode (we bought all boy stuff) until I had another ultrasound just a few weeks prior to delivery and they assured me he was 100% boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hampton Bay View Post
    Pony shopping will begin soon. Bf thinks kids need full sized horses because he's into gaited horses, and I think k kids need ponies. So he has to agree with me here eventually

We only have a girl name too, hoping its a girl. And really hoping I don't get a surprise at delivery like misty! I'm keeping all my receipts just in case. And most of the stuff I have picked out is gender neutral anyway.

Someone I work with does have a little welsh mare his daughter outgrew. Wonder if he still has her... bf's son needs a pony too.
    Aren't Icelandic Ponies gaited? My BO just found out the pony she bought is gaited. She's pretty excited.

I go in here in about 15 min!!!

We have a pony in mind that his son could ride now and then the baby can ride later. Bombproof little welsh mare that is cute as a button and likely free. Friends daughter is just too big for her and no longer rides anyway. I'm 99% of the way to having him on board. He's a horse person too so its it's easier. And his son doesn't have anything he can ride.

I was convinced mine was a boy.

But she was a girl :P I did have several anatomy scans because she wasn't cooperating (still isn't, on the outside) and weekly scans in the last 8 weeks due to gestational diabetes, and I did make them check every time...

I was convinced mine was a boy too. And was wrong.

I swear, it took me months to even accept I could be having a girl. We had a boys name picked out immediately and I would have bet the house it was a boy. All the old wives tales even told me so.

We finally narrowed it down to two girl's names like a week before she was born and ended up letting her hair color (or lack thereof) make the choice for us!

I was hoping I'd have a girl, simply because I know nothing about boys! LOL (I'm a female for cryin out loud, having a boy scared me!!) I found out as early as possible that she was indeed a little girl. :-) Some people want to be surprised, but I've always felt "why?" I'd rather know and prepare! My ex and I had 2 girl names picked out months in advance of her arrival and then when she was born, we chose the one that "fit" her the best.

Well its a girl!! 100% sure, def a girl. So ponies here we come!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Yep, I knew they were boys. Boys, always boys! That's all my family seems to make. I've had only brothers and sons and nephews, even a stepson. At 50, I WAS the last female in my family...except my youngest brother's new wife just had a girl last week! I love boys (good thing), but I'm happy to have a girl in the family.

Congrats!
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Congratulations on a girl!!!
    My "baby" is a girl - she's 15 now.

Congrats! I was SURE my first was a boy. I even bought a few things. A beautiful baby girl was seen and had. I had all girls. Ended up giving my boy purchases to my bestie who had all boys. Enjoy!

Smile

Congrats. Best wishes.

DD 2 was breech so no help on US. I was sure it was a boy. No girl names picked out-some strange boy names tho. When Dr said girl, DH said We have another girl. I wasnt real happy then (now I am-girls like horses). And shes the nice daughter!
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker