The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default On the hunt for a Loriner dressage saddle..

Short version:
    I know there are a ton of others out there who are saddle-hunting right now...if you bump into a Loriner dressage saddle, please send it my way!

Long version:
    I have a super hard-to-fit (and not quiet about it!) QH gelding, and I myself have a tiny inseam and a tiny butt, so have trouble finding dressage saddles that work for us both. I took a chance on a Loriner dressage saddle on Ebay a few years ago, and am in love with it....just in love. It's gorgeous quality, fit him like a glove with no alterations, and has a lovely 14'' flap that makes me look like I'm not a small child riding in her mother's saddle!

The unfortunate part? My 4yo TB baby (who is boarded out) also somehow magically fits in this saddle. She has a CC that fits her as well, but the trainer wants to ride in the dressage saddle. So since she's in daily training, at unpredictable times, the dressage saddle stays with her.

I'm working on finding one that fits her, since she is the easier, less-fussy fit, but until then I don't have a dressage saddle for my gelding...and I'd love to have a Loriner for both, actually!

So if you come across one (or an Antill!) please let me know!

there is a 17" wide Loriner in brown on ebay uk right now pretty cheap, even with shipping it would be a good deal...needs a bit of love tho'