The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc_1170.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	37134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc_0949.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	37135

I HATE that they show up as links now! Not happy about that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    My beloved Woody, 16.2 Hanoverian gelding. He lived to be 32.
    First pic is the last show we were ever in. He was 26, and HE won everything that day. (notice I said HE, because HE made me look good)
    Second pic is after he had recovered from his surgery, and was feeling better and was bored as could be, I took him to the lake so that he could play and splash in the lake and roll in the sand. I spent 5 hours at the lake that day with him, letting him play and enjoy life. He was 30 in this picture.
    The last picture is my favorite one of him and my daughter. It catches him perfectly. God i loved that horse, and I still miss him every day.
    All of those pictures were gorgeous! So sorry for your loss..

Here are some pictures of my old man, Fred. He's a 20 year old Arabian that I had the pleasure of owning for 11 years now. He was my first horse and best friend. He is happily semi retired now, and will hopefully go to work as a therapy horse soon.
    When I first got Fred he was a semi-crazy 9 year old and I was a horse-crazed 13 year old girl. He had a habit of bucking and taking off after the jumps, he wouldn't tie, he took off on the trails, he would rear and run away 30 feet from the trailer. He was a handful to say the least. For whatever reason we clicked and we formed an unbreakable bond. He trust me and I trust him. This horse has been my other half and the best show partner I could have ever asked for. He has lead me to the winner's circle more times than I can count. I have an entire room at my parent's house with just champion ribbons hanging all the way around the room and an entire case filled with trophies.
    He may be 20 and slowing down now but I know that playful Arab is still in him. I just hope I can provide him with the retirement he deserves and he knows he will always have a home with me.

Fred doing Liberty at an AHA show when he was 16
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...la/liberty.jpg

Fred XC earlier this year
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...a/xcountry.jpg

My sweet guy at a show when he was 16
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...tella/fred.jpg

Grazing just the other day
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...la/freddie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    HungarianHippo... that's a good name for him. He looks HUGE and of course very good for his age. Who is his little buddy?

(BTW... in my sig... Trump was also not mine, but he was a joy and a teacher. The photo was taken when he was 19 or 20. He died at 21, and I'm coming up on the first anniversary of his death, and I really miss him.)
    Oh no! My daughter got her C-2 on Trump four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    Oh no! My daughter got her C-2 on Trump four years ago.
    I remember that! He had a colic last November, and wasn't responding to treatment. The vet thought he probably had a strangulating lipoma (a quite common cause of colic in older horses) and the kindest thing was to let him go. He was never fond of the vet, but that day, November 16, 2011, J led him to where they wanted to do it, and he just laid down and stuck out his neck to make it easy for the vet... like he knew relief was coming. Truly an awesome old guy, right up to the very end. (Still makes me tear up...)
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine