The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alizx2 View Post
    Where again Teresa was bashin.g somebody publicly?
    Which is the only reason I came out and said anything at all. She was publicly defaming someone and stating that she herself was such a great home and would take such fabulous care of a particular broodmare. Someone posted a link to my mare's rehab thread on TOB. I then had to chime in and share my story about just what kind of home she provided for MY broodmare

1 members found this post helpful.

Keep me out of this?? She's my mother for christ sake. Of course I'm going to step in when I think that she's being unjustly accused of mistreating horses.

Katy you have not witnessed any of it. It is all justified. Again, more to come. I hope for your horses sake you all continue to get along. Family turmoil seems to trigger things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirt View Post
    You saw your mare less than three weeks before you got her back.
    Yes, I did. And this is what she looked like when I saw her. Do you consider this to be a horse in healthy condition? Are you disputing that this was taken at her/your property?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...7/IMAG1528.jpg

I was actually typing up an email to send Teresa to terminate the lease when she messaged me on Facebook to do it herself. I'll gladly share that message publicly. In fact, here you go.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...fttoTeresa.JPG

For whatever reasons, she dropped off her feed was chewing everything in site, within those 2 weeks.
    So you are telling me that the weight loss did not happen until AFTER I saw her? She did not look much worse by the time she got home. So again, you think that she was in acceptable condition the weekend I was there in February, when the above photo was taken? Perhaps we simply have a different standard of horse care. The above photo would and HAS alarmed vets. Maybe the vets in Wilton share your low standard of horse care as well, but down here, they find that condition alarming.

Can you tell me why if a horse, as you claim, drops hundreds of pounds in "two weeks," a vet would not be called? The contract clearly stated that she was to be maintained in similar or better condition as when she was delivered.

Do you think, in again, the photo above, she is in similar condition to her in this photo, taken 4 days before she left with Teresa?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N...7/IMAG0851.jpg

She told you as much. You are a liar!
    Here are screen shots of her messages ending the lease. Do you see her answering my questions regarding her condition? I certainly don't.

1. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-u...0/endlease.JPG
    2. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-n.../endlease2.JPG
    3. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C.../endlease3.JPG

Last edited by ShannonD; Oct. 28, 2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Added my drafted email to terminate lease

Quote Originally Posted by alizx2 View Post
    Katy you have not witnessed any of it. It is all justified. Again, more to come. I hope for your horses sake you all continue to get along. Family turmoil seems to trigger things.
    I agree. The worrisome Facebook posts seemed more abundant when Katy and Teresa were at odds. I wish someone had a screencap of the post in which she was talking about "disposing of infertile mares" on her public Cedarhaven Performance Horses page. Perhaps this one will do?

*warning, language*

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--.../untitled2.JPG

[edit]

Ok now onto the "juicy gossip" known to most of us on here as FACTS!!!!
    *How many people has Teresa publicly bashed and exploited via the internet etc.? - In a short period of time I recall 8. And hold up just a minute here. Even family was thrown into this. Katy how many times were you called the b-word? - Numerous. Jim how many times were you a pile of poop? - Numerous. Some of us still have pictures of these FB rants.
    *How many have witnessed the extreme explosions she has? In a short period of time I can name 6 including myself, Jim, and 2 sheriffs I happened to call. By the way Jim have you had your passenger window replaced from when Teresa punched it out? That too was a FB post that was documented.
    *How many cuts and infections go untreated? - In my time there I recall 5. One will have permanent damage to an eye that was left untreated because she was "just allergic to the eucalyptis trees no big deal". Another suffered choking issues after a severe kick left permanent damage that was never disclosed to the owner (me) at the time of injury. Another has a permanent scar on an eyelid that was never treated.
    *How many horses are kept UTD on vaccines and hoof care? - None. For a farrier to be staying on the property it's shameful that Teresa had to pick up the tools herself to tend to a few that were in awful condition. I defend her here to a point here.
    *How many mares bred and how many conceived? - 17 mares bred, 6 took, 2 lost (maybe poor nutrition?!?!?), that leaves 4 infoal and 13 "INFERTILE" mares. Please.

I'm tired and stopping here. For the record I liked Teresa, I tried to help Teresa, and I had a lot of good times with Teresa. But this cycle needs to stop. I hope this info helps others avoid the heartache so many of us have run into after our encounters. It's unfair to the horses and unfair to the people subjected to this crazy behavior. So blast away and tear me a new one too... I have contracts, emails, witnesses, and a pretty good self esteem if you want to throw venom my way.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Nov. 1, 2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: to comply with posting policies

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Cedarhaven

I am reading these posts and I am concerned. I won't post anything about my experiences on a public forum. But my mare, Comet Rose is living at Cedarhaven until Teresa either purchases her or I get her back. I really would like to know that she is ok. If any of you could take a photo of her, I'd feel a lot better. I am on the east coast, so I can't just drop in. Jim, maybe you could do this?
    Maryanne Nicpon
    Minglewood Sport Horses
    Ballston Spa, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Maryanne Nicpon View Post
    I am reading these posts and I am concerned. I won't post anything about my experiences on a public forum. But my mare, Comet Rose is living at Cedarhaven until Teresa either purchases her or I get her back. I really would like to know that she is ok. If any of you could take a photo of her, I'd feel a lot better. I am on the east coast, so I can't just drop in. Jim, maybe you could do this?
    Maryanne I hope Comet Rose is ok and you get her back. I am a firm believer that where there is smoke there is fire.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

There's a whole raging forest fire

I just saw that another mare was picked up from Cedarhaven in similar condition to what mine came home in. It wasn't an isolated situation unfortunately. Hopefully someone can post pics of that mare.

Thanks for posting Shannon I was on my way to post that picture too. ANOTHER MARE RETURNED IN AWFUL CONDITION!!!
    Thought I'd take over being the "ringleader" for a bit

The floor is all yours!!

I feel bad for the people who worry about their mares or mares they placed and can't get back believing it was the best option for them. So much stress and worry, and it doesn't help anything when others go online to facebook pages or message boards trashing those mare owners....they should be ashamed of themselves for doing that. Those mare owners are victims as well and this all takes a huge emotional toll. So instead of trashing those mare owners or anyone associated with them, be a bigger person and work towards a solution. I've seen this both on this thread and others. You know who you are.......
    Cloverfox Stables

Sigh. These sorts of things make me personally cringe. It makes getting broodmare leases really difficult for those individuals who actually DO care for all the horses in their care. One bad story (apple) rots the whole kit 'n kaboodle.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

Quote Originally Posted by rodawn View Post
    Sigh. These sorts of things make me personally cringe. It makes getting broodmare leases really difficult for those individuals who actually DO care for all the horses in their care. One bad story (apple) rots the whole kit 'n kaboodle.
    Exactly rodawn. I can tell you that my mare (who is now fat, happy and in foal!) will never be leaving my care for the rest of her life

I have a good friend who also had a bad experience w/Teresa. I'm hoping she'll chime in. Since it's 2nd hand knowledge on my part, I won't go into it
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

sorry to bring this back up, but I'm worried about Aberjack's whereabouts.

I just went to their website, and there is no mention of any stallions. Their page on Stallions Now doesn't mention any stallions.

Any news on this old man?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

2 members found this post helpful.

That website is very out dated. After animal control made a few visits she moved herself and horses so my guess is no one knows how he is doing

Default Location of Aberjack?

Yes, I have had a terrible experience with her, and still am. I was warned against entering into a contract with her but, to my regret, I did so anyway. Fortunately, after reading some of the posts here, I did not take my mare to her for breeding!! But, long story short, after she breached the contract by refusing to ship semen to me, which I now know has a reputation for being of low quality, we mutually agreed to cancel it. However, 2 months later, she has so far refused to return any of my fee. I'm filing a lawsuit against her to recover the money, but unfortunately, I don't know exactly where her new facility is. I was there actually, but she drove me there from the airport and I don't know the route we took. I know it's in or around Brown's Valley, but I need to know for sure so I know what county to file the suit in; either Sacramento or Yuba. Does anyone know exactly where Aberjack is currently being kept?

See my post below, but when I was there in March, I not only saw him, but I rode him, including jumping him. He is, fortunately, doing well. In fact, for 23, he's amazing. It's Teresa that's the train wreck.