The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bump. I made my dribble. Have you made yours?

StG

Every dribble counts! Thank you, StGermain.

If one wishes to go to a slightly stronger dribble, perhaps a small flow, £15.00 ($23.47) will purchase a padded harness in Gambia:

Poor quality and poorly fitted harness results in many problems for working equines. Open sores are painful and difficult to heal due to continuous wearing of the poorly fitting harness. This makes working very difficult, and the animals become slower and less able to work effectively. Fistulous withers are also caused by poorly fitting equipment and can become a very serious and incredibly painful condition.

A comfortable, good quality and well fitted harness can hugely benefit a working equine, make them more comfortable and able to carry out the tasks being asked of them without being in constant pain with each step. Our trained harness makers produce padded harnesses to reduce these problems, and they also teach owners how to fit them correctly.
    This poor little guy is an example of fistulous withers. I didn't even know what that was. So 20 some-odd bucks can buy a proper harness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MelantheLLC View Post
    Every dribble counts! Thank you, StGermain.

If one wishes to go to a slightly stronger dribble, perhaps a small flow, £15.00 ($23.47) will purchase a padded harness in Gambia:

This poor little guy is an example of fistulous withers. I didn't even know what that was. So 20 some-odd bucks can buy a proper harness like this.
    We see those kind of wither injuries frequently, from the rough pads and ill-fitting packsaddles here. Hoover had started one when I bought him, but fortunately it hadn't festered and we were able to clean it up and heal it with time off. Prevention of injury is crucial in hot climates where animals have to work daily to literally earn their fodder.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Bumping this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I'm in ! Thanks Melanie youre doing a great thing.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

1 members found this post helpful.

Wish I could do more but glad to help a little!
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Thanks for the bump guys. You don't see it much anymore but back in the day many horses had white spots on their withers, or even bare skinned scars, like my horse did. Let's hope making it easier for these little guys will make it easier for their owners too. . . and of course we can't forget poor Totilas!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Dribble sent. I liked their FB page also.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Just dribbled. Will share it on FB.

1 members found this post helpful.

Is there a way to Paypal the money? I would like to help. PM me (and reply here too so others know) as I don't know if I'll remember to check back.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    Is there a way to Paypal the money? I would like to help. PM me (and reply here too so others know) as I don't know if I'll remember to check back.
    if you have a paypal card it's easy, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I couldn't figure out how to donate in pounds at first - if you start the process I believe they develop options to pay via card or paypal, in pounds or dollars, etc. It's why I took so long to donate, but it was easy enough.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

It's one nice thing about this organization--even though it's based in the UK/Gambia, that justgiving.com page makes it really easy to donate dribbles.

Please, no one hesitate to use the page, it's very simple! I'm like the most crotchety old grouch when it comes to the slightest kink in a secure website, but I set up the page and donated so smoothly I was surprised.

We're halfway to our goal! I DO think we here at COTH should be far exceeding it, but there are lots of demands on people's pockets this time of year.

I just wish a donkey or horse or two could get something in their stocking too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    I couldn't figure out how to donate in pounds at first - if you start the process I believe they develop options to pay via card or paypal, in pounds or dollars, etc. It's why I took so long to donate, but it was easy enough.
    At this site: http://www.justgiving.com/screwpeta I went in and tried to donate, but it only takes credit cards, I can't find a Paypal dropdown. I don't use paypal credit card, it comes from my checking account.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

from the link you gave-click on "donate" button-it asks for amount then the PayPal link is at the bottom of the page.

I don't see the paypal link either? Is it because I don't have a justgiving account?

If you email me I can send you a pdf showing where the PayPal button is in a screenshot. I'd paste the screenshots here as a pdf or image if I knew how.

I was happy to make a small donation.

I have seen first hand the conditions small horses , donkey and mules face in third world countries. The more people who have access to resources of knowledge and goods, the better for all concerned.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

I never knew where the white marks on my first horse and pony originated. I sent a few pounds for them. Great idea, Melanthe!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

What size bits do they want? I have a bunch of duplicates and would be more than happy to donate them.