The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A line stallions?

What is out there (both in Europe and US) and what are the main plus points of each A line stallion?

Aside from Argentinus I am not very familiar with this line, but I seem to keep falling in love with their products.

We have and have had several, all multi-talented, sweet, attractive and athletic.

http://americanwarmblood.com/stallio...ted-stallions/
    Adamant, Again and Again and Avebury WF are listed here.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

You might look at Autocrat by Aalborg (Acapulco) / Matcho AA.
    He is producing high quality horses for both the hunter and dressage world. Approved Hanoverian Verband, American Hanoverian Society, German Oldenburg Verband, CWHBA, CSHA

You can link to info, plus pictures of offspring at
    http://www.warmbloodscanada.com/

Owners are super to deal with.

The A line going back to Absatz is known for getting the Absatz "charm". He was one of the refining stallions of the Hanoverian breed. They are known to be smart athletic horses with a great trot and an aptitude for both jumping and dressage. I owned an A line gelding who was an amazing horse for me to learn on.

One thing I would be curious to know is whether there is a tendency for the line to toe in as many of the ones I have known seem to.

Aw love Autocrat! Lovely stallion, too bad he's not in Europe!

If you're talking Absatz/Akzent II then ALABASTER.

I love my girl, she's the best. Frozen works well ... I should know I have one. Alabaster is ancient now but he's proving so useful on the dam lines of some very nice horses (two at the Bundeschampionat I noticed this year .... one by Stedinger the other by Fidertanz) thinking of putting him over my R/D mare for a wow foal. Can't beat the beauty, charm, temperament, try and fancy long trot on my Alabaster girl.

There's a lovely young stallion here who is a 3/4 brother to Jaybee Alabaster but out of a Don Schufro mare that I am keeping an eye on. Also Abanos has been quite successful.

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    We have and have had several, all multi-talented, sweet, attractive and athletic.

http://americanwarmblood.com/stallio...ted-stallions/
    Adamant, Again and Again and Avebury WF are listed here.
    All three descend from Absatz.

In addition, our flagship stallion Waldaire carries Absatz in his dam line. His son Wizard WF carries Absatz both from Waldaire and his damsire Again and Again.
    Anne
    -------

Is there semen from Alabaster still available?

What about Alabastro? Just looked at a video from him and was really impressed. Plus it seems his scores were amazing.
    Last edited by SCMSL; Oct. 15, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Yes, Celle sells the Alabaster semen. Don't know about Alabastro. I had a colt by Alabaster (Longchamp/Maurice dam). Sweetest boy ever. 3 top gaits and good type.
    Celle semen will be available from the Canadian Hanoverian Society this year.

It's available in Australia from Celle so yeah, assumed it would be the same in the US. It's funny, it's like Alabaster is way more popular in Australia for some reason than it is anywhere else ... we have had Jaybee Alabaster who obviously has left a big mark, but I know quite a lot of frozen products. My mare is just terrific ... she is nearly six and just everything you could hope for, probably the sweetest horse I have ever met. Thoroughly recommended

Quote Originally Posted by adelmo95 View Post
    The A line going back to Absatz is known for getting the Absatz "charm". He was one of the refining stallions of the Hanoverian breed. .
    Traks really are charming.

The A line going back to Absatz is known for getting the Absatz "charm". He was one of the refining stallions of the Hanoverian breed. .
    I don't know about the charm, but he does show up in almost all modern horse's "pedigrees"!

FWIW Absatz was Hanoverian by the Trakehner Abglanz.

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=631457
    Anne
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by adelmo95 View Post
    The A line going back to Absatz is known for getting the Absatz "charm". He was one of the refining stallions of the Hanoverian breed. They are known to be smart athletic horses with a great trot and an aptitude for both jumping and dressage. I owned an A line gelding who was an amazing horse for me to learn on.

One thing I would be curious to know is whether there is a tendency for the line to toe in as many of the ones I have known seem to.
    My direct Akzent II daughter toed in quite noticeably.
    Member OMGiH I loff my mares clique!!!

None of our have toed in, even in their old age. That can be a result of sidebone formation.
    Anne
    -------

I have the sweetest fanciest moving mare out of Anhaltiner E. She is as modern as they come and a dream to ride. Just the right amount of sensitivity. Highly recommend him as well and Suzanne Quarles is great to work with.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

I also have 2 Anhaltiner E (Akzent II/Pik Bube/Freiherr; http://www.somedaysoonfarm.com/pages%20new/anhalt.html) mares that I love and are terrific athletes -- fancy movement and can jump; one got 9s on her jumping in her MPT. (Neither toe in.) In my observation of horses from the A-line, they: are usually very pretty, frequently are chestnut, are athletic, have suspension and light-footed trots, have somewhat flatter knees at the trot, are not dull.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

My girl Aracelia

Like Dennis said no toeing in. In fact she has the most correct legs all the way around of any horse I have ever owned. Can you tell I adore her?
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    FWIW Absatz was Hanoverian by the Trakehner Abglanz.

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=631457
    Yes. When I did research for breeding my Trak mare to a Han I ended up picking a stallion what was line bred several times to the A-line. The stallion Abglanz was a Trak that was line bred to the stallion Tempelhüter, which my Trak mare also was. I was looking at try to find similar lines. There is also Lateran another Trak who influence the Han line and can be seen in some top horse up closer.
    My mare also has a TB influence, that ironically had similar ancestors to the Tb's that were used in Han and Trak breeding (way back).
    People say WB are mutts but if you really go through the pedigrees (I did a bit pedigree work for a registry) they are not that diversified at all. There is differences in type more than anything but because of the different regions and mare base but the animals that were used to continually shape the groups are fairly similar.