The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Jingles for Darren C.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article_landing/news

Wishing him a speedy recovery from this latest episode.....I think he is a terrific rider and person. I will never forget when I was volunteering as XC ring steward at a Florida Horse Park rated show and he was super nice to me...esspecially when I asked him to go out of order since the class was running off schedule and he agreed, then the stupid late person shows up- demands to go and again, he was just gracious about it.
    There are many UL riders in our sport who are nicer than people know.

That's terrible! The man has not had good luck. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kcmel View Post
    That's terrible! The man has not had good luck. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    I have been thinking the same exact thing since I read the article earlier.

My guess is yes it was related to the tainted steriod injections. What makes it so bad is that when a person has a compromised immune system, things get really out of hand. MRSA is a very serious infection! I certainly send my jingles as this is a very serious situation for any human being to face!
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

That is terrible - I've been reading about this since the lab is in MA - it's been in the news around here and today's headline was that upwards of 15,000 people may have been exposed. Fungal infections are very hard to treat, as is MRSA, and the lag time can be nearly a month between the exposure and the symptoms. At least now they know what is it. Whatever opinions people may have had about Darren in the past, this is an awful circumstance and I wish him (and all affected) a speedy recovery.

Sending good thoughts for a complete and speedy recovery.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    That is terrible - I've been reading about this since the lab is in MA - it's been in the news around here and today's headline was that upwards of 15,000 people may have been exposed. Fungal infections are very hard to treat, as is MRSA, and the lag time can be nearly a month between the exposure and the symptoms. At least now they know what is it. Whatever opinions people may have had about Darren in the past, this is an awful circumstance and I wish him (and all affected) a speedy recovery.
    Yeah- its been all over the news here. Wow. Feels a little closer to home now though.

Jingles! Jingles!!!! Get better soon Darren! You have been through so much, you will get through this too!!!

So sorry to hear Darren is suffering again. Here's hoping he feels better quickly. :-(

Whata a particularly awful combination of illnesses, poor man. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Poor Darren. That's a lot to deal with.

I hope he gets well soon.

Default Kick On Darren!

Either of these infections are frightening on their own. If anyone can fight off both at once, it's an Eventer. Prayers for a swift and complete recovery.
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

Quote Originally Posted by TwinGates View Post
    Either of these infections are frightening on their own. If anyone can fight off both at once, it's an Eventer. Prayers for a swift and complete recovery.
    This. Jingles!!!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Whoa, poor Darren. Not easy for someone with an intact immune system. Many jingles.

Jingles for a speedy recovery! As Kim said, if anyone can beat this it is an eventer!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Is it known that he received one of those particular injections that were found to be infected?

I just read this on the sidebar...this is very upsetting since its been on the news with the lab in Mass and as Hilary said, they announced that 15,000 people could be affected!!!!. I know many folks who get epidurals for back pain.
    This just seems to hit home too closely. I hope he recovers quickly and fully, and as twingates said, its an eventer who can do it.
    Best to you Darren~
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

Default Oh no!

This is such shocking and frightening news. Heartfelt jingles and get well wishes to Darren. I saw him this summer at the Stuart HT, in robust good health.

I work in an orthopedic office and we administer many steroid injections, including epidurals, but we do not get our Depo Medrol from the compounder in Massachusetts. We have been fielding many phone calls from panicked patients and we have to reassure them that they are at no risk. Of course, we don't know what the vector for his illness is.

Kick on Darren!

Does this insinuate his infection came from a source other than a spinal injection?
    "...This type of meningitis can also be acquired through routine work on a farm, as the type of fungus, aspergillum, is commonly found in soil samples..."
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Oh no. Poor Darren. I hope he gets through this. Like others have said, if anyone can, it's him. He's a fighter and hopefully that bodes well for him.