The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Schleese Wave or Link are good for short backed horses with big shoulder movement. They both come in 18" and you can get longer flaps if necessary and you can change out the knee rolls to accomodate you.

Good luck.
    Georgia Langsam
    Team Gauguin, LLC - www.teamgauguin.com
    Standing Gauguin du Cheval 9054, Prestige II TG, Gauguin's Impression, Gauguin's Brush and Weltfrieden TG

Have you tried a devoucoux? They fit a lot like the CWD saddles but are less expensive. They have a deeper seat and are very cushy. You could also probably find a nice used one. I have tried the CWD saddles and I just don't like how the pommel hits when you canter....Very awkward thing to talk about. The leather choices aren't great either. Only Full calf or buffalo and the full calf won't last more than 5 years. The CWD's start at 5k with calf.

You guys I am so sorry! I had no idea there were so many responses to this post. I didn't have the alert me notice turned on in my settings.

So I'm currently still looking.

Didn't like a few of the ones tried by the local saddle shop.

I did look at almost everything suggested here.

I'm waiting on an Amerigo DJ Dressage to come to me, but I am fourth in line (frustrating) so it may take a LONG time before I get a saddle... and I don't want my guy to really have to cart my butt around in an ill fit saddle.

I did see the Schleese Link and Wave and have my eye on two used of these, as well as I spoke with the USA Kieffer saddle rep a bunch. Kieffer would be my last go to since once you buy it you buy it, and then you can trade kieffers until you find the one that works but there is no refund if you can't find one that works.

Dev. Mendia I've been looking for to try but can't seem to find one in 17.5-18 for sale.

I've given up on Custom since they never return my calls.

I did see Smartpak has the Anky saddle so I could call them for an opinion.

Classic saddles are actually what I was looking for! The Rembrandt integra is the saddle I'm currently borrowing and it is almost perfect for us except I need a size larger in the seat and my horse needs a size smidge bigger in the tree. The Rembrandt Integra is now the Classic line of saddles.

Niedersuss I've never heard a thing about. I've heard of CWD but not for dressage, usually I see eventers in them for jump tack.
    DragonTea

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTea View Post
    Classic saddles are actually what I was looking for! The Rembrandt integra is the saddle I'm currently borrowing and it is almost perfect for us except I need a size larger in the seat and my horse needs a size smidge bigger in the tree. The Rembrandt Integra is now the Classic line of saddles.

Niedersuss I've never heard a thing about. I've heard of CWD but not for dressage, usually I see eventers in them for jump tack.
    There are TONS of Rembrandt Integras on Ebay right now, for sub-$1000, many with the adjustable trees to boot. Surely one of them must work!

Niedersuss are lovely, British-made saddles, can't go wrong with one.

Love the Luc Childeric DAC for my hard to fit, short-backed Connemara Crosses. Excellent room through the shoulder area.