The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default is there such a thing as a wool felt dressage girth?

I see a lot of wool fleece, but felt backing?

Saw a very nice one last year - backing was removable for washing - unfortunately I don't recall the maker's mark, sorry

Toklat girths are what you are looking for. I have about 6 of them and they have lasted for over 10 years now. I wash them in soapy water and put them outside in the sun to dry.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Toklat girths are what you are looking for. I have about 6 of them and they have lasted for over 10 years now. I wash them in soapy water and put them outside in the sun to dry.
    I looked at those b/c they came up with the google, http://www.toklat.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=87234

but they seemed to be fleece. Am I missing something? I was hopeful b/c they are really well priced.

Thanks

editing: anyone like Sensations girths? Do they look like too much rigging?
    Last edited by Hippolyta; Oct. 12, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

You can find them at Running Bear. It's an online endurance store. Teddy is the owner and she is wonderful. Go to the running bear website and click on "online store".

Oh and she also has softest fleece girths that you will ever find. I have some with years of milage and they are still going strong.

Dressage Girth - Felt:

Washable Felt backing, Washer and dryer safe.
    Polyweb Body - Black only
    Made to order 18" to 34".
    If elastic is desired, please order one or two ends from the listing above.

Size:182022242628303234 Price: $ 75.00

Stock #: GRTH-DRS-FLT

Hope this helps. If it's not what you want just call her and she can probably have it made custom for you. Also she can put center d rings on most of her girths.

Quote Originally Posted by DistanceHorse View Post
    You can find them at Running Bear. It's an online endurance store. Teddy is the owner and she is wonderful. Go to the running bear website and click on "online store".

Oh and she also has softest fleece girths that you will ever find. I have some with years of milage and they are still going strong.

Dressage Girth - Felt:

Washable Felt backing, Washer and dryer safe.
    Polyweb Body - Black only
    Made to order 18" to 34".
    If elastic is desired, please order one or two ends from the listing above.

Size:182022242628303234 Price: $ 75.00

Stock #: GRTH-DRS-FLT

Hope this helps. If it's not what you want just call her and she can probably have it made custom for you. Also she can put center d rings on most of her girths.
    Yes, this definitely helps. I think I was on that website recently,but must not have been looking at the girths.

Update: the only place with actual WOOL felt dressage girth was Whinny Widgets. Kitty was very helpful, responded to my questions promptly. She custom makes each girth, so you can choose if you want elastic on both sides, not at all, etc.

Mare & I are very pleased with the girth. It is well made and the felt really is great for wicking, esp with her winter fuzziness. It cleans up easily with a stiff brush. I was also happy that the price was more than reasonable. You can get in brown, black or custom color.

http://www.whinnywidgets.com/dressagegirth-01andamp2elasticends.aspx

I can't figure out how to edit the title of the thread. I even did some searches & looked in the help forum. Anyway, thanks to everyone who answered above & props to Kitti.