The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sarah Andrew's 2013 Horses & Hope calendar (100% profit donated)

Gina Keesling of HoofPrints and I have teamed up again to create Horses and Hope: Faces of Rescue, a 2013 charity calendar project. You can order your calendar here: http://www.hoofprints.com/ska.html

You can read about the 2012 calendar here. Thanks to your generous calendar purchases, we raised over $40,000. With that money, One Horse at a Time (OHAAT) was able write grants to help 317 horses, including 255 new geldings.

Like last year, 100% of the profit is donated to OHAAT. The calendar will feature a wider variety of equine subjects. In addition to New Jersey, I traveled to New York, Kentucky, Virginia, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Maryland and visited horses at equine rescues, as well as in their adopted homes.

Like last year, we are working hard to keep the calendar inspirational and positive, and we strive to highlight the great things that people are doing to help horses all over the country. Thank you for your support, and I hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by Alibhai's Alibar; Sep. 10, 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: update title
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

2 members found this post helpful.

September features mules and donkeys, including Rosebud, an ex-work mule, and the official mascot of Central Virginia Horse Rescue- photos and her story here: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...uds-story.html

May's calendar boy is Tristan, a Belgian purchased at New Holland Auction for $35. He has defied the odds and is thriving, despite a grim prognosis given by veterinarians: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...ans-story.html

are the stories of the horses told with the photos?

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    are the stories of the horses told with the photos?
    Yes, we have collected more stories for the 2013 calendar than we did with 2012. Unfortunately, we could not track down all the new owners, but when we could, we provide stories and updates on the calendar pages.

I'm loving my 2011 calendar and I will be ordering several of the 2012! Thanks for all of you that put this calendar together!

1 members found this post helpful.

Will you ship them to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by HazelG View Post
    Will you ship them to Canada?
    I'd recommend contacting Gina at HoofPrints- she does the order fulfillment and she can let you know what the shipping options are: http://www.hoofprints.com/ 800-741-5054

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    I'm loving my 2011 calendar and I will be ordering several of the 2012! Thanks for all of you that put this calendar together!
    Thank you so much, cbm So glad you're enjoying it- we're having a great time working on the new one!

Daily Racing Form coverage of the calendar: http://www.drf.com/news/%E2%80%9Chor...equine-charity

Already ordered mine. The photography and printing are coffee table quality and they make great Christmas gifts for horsey and non-horsey friends.

Thank you, AA and Gina. You make my Christmas shopping really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Already ordered mine. The photography and printing are coffee table quality and they make great Christmas gifts for horsey and non-horsey friends.

Thank you, AA and Gina. You make my Christmas shopping really easy.
    Thank you for your order and for your kind words! I'm so glad you're enjoying 2012. Like last year, we tried really hard to keep the message for 2013 positive and inspiring. There are a lot of people out there doing some amazingly generous things in their horse communities, and it was a lot of fun to meet them and their horses.

Fran Jurga of Hoofcare and Lameness and The Jurga Report did a great writeup of the calendar this weekend: http://www.scoop.it/t/holiday-horse/...1-cd4bd345f46a

The calendar is in the printing process, and should be shipping any day now. Thank you for all your generous orders.
    Last edited by Alibhai's Alibar; Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added links

Electronic press kit for Horses and Hope: Faces of Rescue

Bloggers, reporters, writers, horse lovers! This link is the Horses and Hope electronic press release. Please share this link with your favorite newspapers, magazines, and websites. It tells the whole story of the calendar, and includes pictures that are ready for press. www.hoofprints.com/ska-epk.html

Ordered
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Ordered
    Thank you to everyone who has ordered calendars so far. The first print run has been printed, bound, driven to HoofPrints, and packaged for delivery. Some shipped out on Saturday, and some shipped today.

100% of the proceeds are donated directly to One Horse At A Time, a 501(c)(3) charity that helps for horses in need, from writing gelding grants to providing emergency hay banks.

Looking forward to my 2013 calendar arrival -- 2012 was beautiful! And so glad to support such a worthy cause.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Looking forward to my 2013 calendar arrival -- 2012 was beautiful! And so glad to support such a worthy cause.
    Thank you so much for your order. Today, I received several really nice notes from people who received their calendars. We are still taking orders- they make great gifts, because 100% of the proceeds go directly back to the horse community.

Calendar arrived yesterday, and it's beautiful!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Calendar arrived yesterday, and it's beautiful!
    Thank you so much- I'm so glad you like it!