The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love my Barbour! I have the Bedale, going on 12+ years, it is my spring/fall wet weather riding coat. Its fabulous! The only truly windproof coat I've ever had. Its tough as nails, it lives in my truck and I get it rewaxed every few years. Well worth the money IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EventingMaff View Post
    Well, walking around looking British is really what I'm hoping to accomplish.
    Sorry, but this made me laugh, since I try and accomplish the same thing!

I love Barbour products. And, I'm exceptionally good at noticing them on TV shows and pointing it out to whoever happens to be nearby.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Sorry, but this made me laugh, since I try and accomplish the same thing!

I love Barbour products. And, I'm exceptionally good at noticing them on TV shows and pointing it out to whoever happens to be nearby.
    heehee and one reason I LOVE wearing my barbour is maintaining my British-ness in America, but now they're so popular here it doesn't really work. Oh well, I still love it anyway.

If anyone happens to live near Aiken, one of the shops on the main st was having a 50% off barbour sale. Wish I could remember its name.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I love mine! Over 10 years old and perfectly broken in. It's one of my most prized possessions. You can't compare the durability to north face or Patagonia. My Barbour has taken a beating over the years. The only thing it hasn't stood up to is my jack russell chewing for treats in the pocket. :-)

My Barbour is about 20 years old and looks it, but a reproofing takes a few year off it. I have the fuzzy vest liner, which helps a bit, but my arms will get cold.

Anyone send theirs to Barbour for a zipper replacement? Mine somehow got misaligned and I can't undo the zipper (I have to step in and out of it). There are so many things the zipper seams run through that I can't imagine it looking OK after it's replaced.

The canvas/wax smell reminds me of the small tent I had as a child.