The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I am cat-less no more!

After losing my dear Murphy on 12/17, I said no more pets. Having to say good-bye to my cat Maggie in May of this year and then Murphy in the same year (she was 17, he was 19), that pain of good-bye was overwhelming.

That lasted 2 weeks. It was too quiet in this house so, I spent my Christmas break looking for a new kitty to love. I found one from a local rescue (interesting adoption process, made me feel like a bad cat-owner but I guess I was good enough to pass ) because now I have a wonderful new 4 month old kitten named Molly Kate (just Molly really but I couldn't name her after one goddaughter without including the other, LOL).

I forgot about the kitten crazies - whooee, Molly has them bad and then crashes in a lump to nap. I am smitten!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molly Kate.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	37454  
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

4 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Awww, YAY! Congrats on getting a kitty! I'm sorry for your loss of the other two. My 2 I've had since the age of 10 are getting into their teens now, and I'm already trying not to dread the inevitable because I know I probably won't have anymore cats (I developed allergies as I got into my 20s, :-().
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

1 members found this post helpful.

Adorable Molly! Congrats on being a new kitty-mom again! I'm glad you chose to bring a new kitty into your life! Best wishes for much joy with her!

YAY!!!!

True kitteh lovers cannot stay kitteh-less for long, it just doesn't work LOL I know all too well the pain of losing 2 in the same year

Molly-Kate is adorable!

Methinks cutie patootie MK needs a kitten buddy....

Congrats reefy!! She's adorable.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

2 members found this post helpful.

Adorable! Congratulations!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Congrats, Reefy! She's very cute. I, too, think she needs a buddy!

Kitten crazies are the best. When we got Bubba my husband, who had never had a cat, much less a kitten before he met me, was AMAZED at the antics. Called him "The Terrorist."
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

2 members found this post helpful.

Yay! congrats

We always forget about the kitten/puppy crazies. That's the only reason they are able to keep worming their way in

Aww so cute! Black/whites are my favorite ones! I currently have 3 but not a black and white one. I lost my last one suddenly 5 1/2 years ago, but eventually I will get another one.

Congrats! And totally understand the forgotten kitten "terrors"...the last few kittens that found us are "barn" kittens (i.e., the go to the barn in the day, into the heated garage at night with beds, etc.) and burn their energy up outside, the kitten that took a joy ride in my husband's car (that was towed) from St. Louis has moved inside (she was definitely not barn-cat type) and loves to play on the bed...at 3 am! The cats I usually take as "indoor" cats are older, and we too had forgotten kitten energy! Journey (we named her) is quite a handful at times, but so much fun...she even retrieves!

reefy! is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thanks everybody - this little cat has helped ease some of my sorrow. I miss Murphy EVERY day. He was so special to me. This one will be special, too, because she has a special purpose - to help me not miss my other 2 quite so much. It was all I could do to not take one of her littermates, too, they were all so, so cute.

She made her first visit to my vet today and she is a nice healty kitten - she only objected to having her temperature taken and her front nails clipped (thank goodness, I couldn't get it done myself, she was too squirmy but those suckers were like razors).

She is currently dragging her furry thing on a stick and her paper wad ball into her paper bag and then she drags them to the shelf under my desk. Repeat. Must be nice to be a kitten and not get bored with that
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Congratulations on your new baby!

The solution to the kitten crazies is to adopt another one so that they can keep each other busy!!!

Congratulations on your new baby!

The solution to the kitten crazies is to adopt another one so that they can keep each other busy!!!