The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone riding in a Mike Corcoran xc saddle?

I have only seen positive feedback on his dressage saddles, but am really interested in feedback on his xc saddle with short billets. I talked to him and really liked his ideas, but would like to find someone who has ridden in the xc model. Anyone?

Default Yes!

I have 2 and won't ride in anything else. Very secure and balanced whether on young kids or upper level ponies. Mikes great too. Really knows his stuff. Just saw him last week!

Gosh, I have never heard of this make. Can anyone provide a link?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

http://www.mikecorcoransaddlery.com/saddles.htm
    He has come up on COTH before, usually in regard to dressage saddles.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=325532
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by meventer View Post
    I have 2 and won't ride in anything else. Very secure and balanced whether on young kids or upper level ponies. Mikes great too. Really knows his stuff. Just saw him last week!
    I had heard he wasn't making saddles anymore...is this true? I would LOVE to get one of his dressage saddles, but I have had trouble finding them used (and I'm particularly petite, so I need a custom short flap, making used even harder).

Hardrockcrossing: You have a PM

Yes!! I have one with the long billets (though I could shorten them if I want to, it's not a monofap). LOFF this saddle,my trainer is jealous of this saddle. I can do flatwork in it no problemo, it has an open enough seat to let me move a little while out on course and not lock me into any one position. I was having a heckuva time finding a saddle with a forward enough flap to accomodate my longish thigh without being too extreme, this one fits the bill nicely.

I think finding them used is difficult because a.) there aren't that many nto begin with and b.) no one wants to give them up! I was veerry lucky to have found mine, at a steal of a deal to boot!

Mike is definately still selling saddles - jump, dressage and western dressage. A girl at the barn got a new dressage saddle this week. He is currently on the west coast but give him a call and he will help you.

I have an appointment with him in a few minutes to touch up all my saddles.

Mike is most definitely making saddles. I have purchased three from him.
    They fit the back and ride so well. Mike uses thermography to check the fit.
    His saddles are wool flocked and the panels are felt lines. This helps wick heat away from the back and makes the saddle comfortable for the back.
    Mike was in a serious car wreck a few years ago and was unable to work for a while, but he is back and still making beautiful saddles.
    I will try to upload some thermographic images of my saddles that he fitted.

Default Super saddles

Hard to find - a very nice used one!

http://www.pelham-saddlery.com/jumpi...Used15325.html

They are super saddles.

Love Mike's saddles ride in both jumping/xc and dressage, currently working on dates to get him back to the farm in Lebanon OH area here shortly. I have competed thru the CCI*** level and have never had an issue, I also own a horse with shark-finn withers and he makes saddles to fit those guys great. His saddle fitting knowledge is amazing and he is exceptionaly easy to talk with! I have ridden in multiple other saddle brands from clients horses and trying horses over the years and have yet to find a saddle that is as easy, comfortable, and well balanced as his.