The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Star Colony in his new home in SoPi

Star Colony a/k/a 'Mick'

That's him out in his paddock. He's doing well, working under saddle and even trotting flower boxes.

I'll be seeing him next weekend.

aww handsome boy.

P.

What a face!

Can't wait for updates
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Such a sweet, sweet face!!! I want to smooch him!

so great to hear about him!
    He's absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait for updates on his progress.

I missed the story on this guy...

Care to give a quick recap?

How do you keep finding them!? lol
    Don't you have another one...the one who was playing with the mild jug that we talked about just a couple years ago?

(I love the PC lines)
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

I can see that is not Mike Plumb's farm/house on May St. Is he is training with JMP?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Lord Helpus-- Mick is in training with me. JMP and I work together full time, and I lease several paddocks contiguous to his facility (hence the house in the picture) for my horses in training. Please feel free to stop by and visit whenever you have a chance!

More pictures and video of Mick will be uploaded soon. He has been an absolute gem settling into his new life and new routine. His only "fault" so far is a strange addiction to a 3yo Oldenburg gelding I have. Maybe Mick was German in a previous life.

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I missed the story on this guy...

Care to give a quick recap?

How do you keep finding them!? lol
    Don't you have another one...the one who was playing with the mild jug that we talked about just a couple years ago?

(I love the PC lines)
    Today is the day that you crawled out from under your rock?

This is a COTH drama that took months to unfold. It started on this thread, where Star Colony was horse #2.

A month or two later, subk mentioned that she was looking for a young TB. I thought my amazing Danny would be a good match for her. Cut to: subk introduces her new horse.

I couldn't cope with the loss of equilibrium caused by having one fewer equine mouth to feed. I figured I'd know the next one when I saw it, just like I was sold on Danny when I saw him banging that milk jug around with his head. Because love is colour blind, when I looked at Star Colony's CANTER pics, all I could see was a horse who looked just like Danny.

So, another thread got started.

You are now up to speed and can crawl back under your rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenbaer View Post
    His only "fault" so far is a strange addiction to a 3yo Oldenburg gelding I have. Maybe Mick was German in a previous life.
    Maybe he saw the Olympics and knows who won. He's thinking if he gets fluent in the language now, he'll be better prepared for the day when Michael Jung comes calling.

[QUOTE=JER;6597749]A month or two later, subk mentioned that she was looking for a young TB. I thought my amazing Danny would be a good match for her. Cut to: [URL="http://www.chronofhorse.com[/QUOTE]
    All I can say is that everyone should be so blessed to get to ride a horse started by Glenbar and that Mike guy she works with. Lucky Mick, little does he know he hit the jackpot.

Will be updating the saga with a report next week after Danny does his first recognized H.T.!

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Today is the day that you crawled out from under your rock?
    haha!
    Yup, well actually it was Sept 20th when I came crawling out.
    I had a job from he%% for the past year and was not able to read much COTH news.
    I was so nicely laid off on the 20th so now I'm home with some extra time on my hands!

1st, I promptly when on a spending spree and bought a new horse. (good thing to do when jobless, no?)
    2nd, I started reading COTH forums again.

Thanks for the reading material!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    1st, I promptly when on a spending spree and bought a new horse. (good thing to do when jobless, no?)
    2nd, I started reading COTH forums again.
    This is awesome. You clearly have your priorities in the right place.

Mick is adorable! Glad to have Nurp back! Come visit soon, Jane!
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

OMG love that face! But I'm a sucker for chestnuts with lots of chrome!!

Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenbaer View Post
    Lord Helpus-- Mick is in training with me. JMP and I work together full time, and I lease several paddocks contiguous to his facility (hence the house in the picture) for my horses in training. Please feel free to stop by and visit whenever you have a chance!

More pictures and video of Mick will be uploaded soon. He has been an absolute gem settling into his new life and new routine. His only "fault" so far is a strange addiction to a 3yo Oldenburg gelding I have. Maybe Mick was German in a previous life.

Nice to "meet" you Glenbaer. I drive by you 2 - 3 times a week when I take Petey over to Bobby Costello's for schooling. I can't stop in then be3cause I have a tired horse in my 4 horse trailer (hard to turn around), but I am sure that we will meet this winter at CHP events.

For those who do not live in S Pines, yes, we have three ****/Olympians in a row on May Street:

Mike Plumb is next door to Mark Weissbecker who is next door to Bobby Costello.

Denny Emerson is on Youngs Road. And, off Youngs Road, several miles away, we have Charlie Plumb, near Lauren and David O'Connor.

I am sure I am leaving people out. Since I have just switched from H/J to Eventing, I may not be aware of everyone in town.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."