The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default It's Time to Bring "The Pony" Dance Back!

Start practicing at your barn and don't forget to post the videos showing us your best moves!

http://youtu.be/JyaxcvHSyZY
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

I like the "gee" and "Haw" - somebody who actually drove a pony IRL!
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

OMG Mike that is such a blast form the past. I can remember my older brother and wacky sisters dancing around to this and thinking, "they really think they look cool".

After watching this video everyone needs to watch the movie, "Reefer Madness". Talk about hysterical.

My senior class in high school had to watch "Reefer Madness " during class one day .........

And.. this was back in the day when legal drinking age was 18, everyone's graduation parties were all about getting hammered and the 2 martini lunch was common.

We had to watch it in 6th grade. I was in 6th grade in 1968 I think. Even then we knew it was propaganda. Our teacher presented it to us as a warning about propaganda. In fact, after the movie, we discussed propaganda, and our assignment was to read 1984. I did my book report on that. That was creepy.

Back then, I thought the pony was stupid. At our parties, we did the swim, and, the go-go.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

They've got "Gee" and "haw" backwards, at least the way we use driving commands up here.