The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Arc, anyone?

the replay

(No spoilers.)

Most forgettable Arc in recent memory.
    The atrocious going turned the whole race on it's head. Only thing to remember from this race is a fine performance from the Japanese Triple Crown winner Orfevre to overcome a horrible draw, mud up to his hocks, a mistimed ride by his jockey, crashing into the rail and still managed to only get beaten a head on the line. He is a true champ and I hope he comes back next year. Everything else was an aberration with none of the other top horses getting a hold of the track and a number of longshots, who'll we'll probably never see from again, featuring prominently.
    One of these years the Japanese are finally going to win this race.

Wow, just realised this is my 4000th post! I think this is an omen that I should retire.... and what better topic to go out on than the world's greatest race... the Arc.

Sayonara, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
    Wow, just realised this is my 4000th post! I think this is an omen that I should retire.... and what better topic to go out on than the world's greatest race... the Arc.

Sayonara, y'all!
    Not so fast. You can retire when the Japanese win the Arc.

I felt bad for Orfevre. So close, but Solemia really ran out her race while he got buried in a bog.

Her sire, Poliglote, is a name you see in NH racing.

Camelot is one tired horse after his campaign, I think.

I'm with Drvmb1ggl3. And, what? You can't leave!

Not that it would have improved his position, but apparently Camelot lost 3 shoes in that bog. On a positive note, he will remain in training as a 4yo.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

And the winner will be coming over for the Breeders' Cup. At first it was going to be the Turf, but now I hear they're pointing to the F&M Turf.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Despite the lousy effort in the Arc, expect the otherwise solid colt 'St Nicholas Abbey' to return to the US and defend his win in the BC Turf this year.