The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A Bra Full of Cat Litter

Adventures with animals and working from home, sigh.

I just had a gap between jobs, finished a shorter one, longer one downloading but not ready yet. That's when I do other things for 5 minutes. This time, I needed to add more cat litter to the litter box. I had a new box of cat litter I had bought this morning at Walmart on errands - I use their 28-pound boxes, cheapest and works as well as anything pricier I've found.

So I got up, scooped the box first, then got the new box of litter from the car. I hauled the box in, opened it, then started to pour in new litter. It doesn't take the entire box, and I save some for next freshening, so I stopped when enough new litter was in and tipped the box back up to halt the flow. Alas, the plastic bag of litter inside the box continued to pour forth litter on the floor, having some in the part of the bag still dangling over the outside of the box. I flipped the plastic bag back with my hand to get it back in the box, and it flipped clear OVER the box, so it was now on the closer side between the box and my person, inserted itself down the collar of my shirt as I was bending over, and promptly filled my bra with clumpable cat litter. Clean litter, at least.

Some days, I wish I had a video camera following me around. I'd win that $10,000 in no time flat.

Job now up after I finished delittering myself. Next gap, I'll vacuum up the spilled litter.

That had to feel delightful!

Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am really laughing. I realize that there are definite advantages to having a cat who prefers to poop outside!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

On one hand I'm so sorry this happened to you but on the other...thank you SO much for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    I flipped the plastic bag back with my hand to get it back in the box, and it flipped clear OVER the box, so it was now on the closer side between the box and my person, inserted itself down the collar of my shirt as I was bending over, and promptly filled my bra with clumpable cat litter. Clean litter, at least.
    Thanks for sharing! You should buy a lottery ticket because the odds of filling your bra with kitty litter like that are one in a million!

Should have thought of the lottery last night!

Sometime when I have time, I'll share about the day when I was mowing the lawn and got a June bug stuck in my bra. Talk about an unpleasant feeling!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

DT:
    you seriously need to consider going bra-less
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009