The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My new toy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIjfXdM4HCE

waiting on vetting! Please excuse the awful distances and abrupt half halts, he was WAY more sensitive than I'm used to. I never realized how much I vocally praise the green horses, its a bit embarrassing lol, just mute

Opinions? Thoughts? He cracks his back over the fences but wasn't super tight with his knees with me. She buried him more over the fences when she rode him and he snapped his knees up. Of course I have no video of that.

He's cute. Looks like you guys need to learn each other. He is funny over the jumps. Looks like he wants something bigger lol
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

i like him! I think you might have an easier time if you shorten your reins and get your hands out in front of you - not that you were looking for a critique. He's got a nice canter. How old is he?

I really like him! He looks so much like my horse I just sold it's SCARY!! Do you have any idea of his breeding?
    owned and loved by a crazy TB mare

He's super cute! He looked like he snapped his knees up a bit better from the longer spots; he'll probably look great over the bigger jumps What are you planning to do with him?

He is pretty cute. Enjoy your new baby.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

He looks like he is used to going to the deep spot and looks to his rider for a lot of guidance... but you say he's green? Maybe he jumps better from the short ones?

I don't know what divisions you plan with him because he looks a bit short strided but not to say that wont do you just fine.

He seems sweet and once you get to know each other I am sure you will have a great time on him.

I agree with myalter1 (I know your not asking for a critique) but it would help you over fences if your rein is shorter and you are more in a two point.

Good luck and I hope he passes the vet check!! I bet your so excited.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

congrats! Seems like a good guy, just taking it all in stride.

He's at an event barn, they're marketing him as a hunter prospect but I think he may be better suited for the jumpers (with his scope & ubber-responsiveness). I definitely needed a little shorter rein but I was trying to hunter him around.

I don't think he's short strided, he's just never been allowed to open up, the lady riding him put in the add and found the deep spot every jump so that's just how he's tuned to go right now.

He's an OTTB and his JC name was Dez (the simplest JC name I've ever heard). He's 8, he's not really green, just no show miles. He's actually alittle over schooled for my taste on the flat, definitely not super ammy friendly but I think its just how he's been ridden. Rather over-schooled than under

He seems cute and willing, I bet you'll have fun!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.