The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default broken tall boot zippers

Today the zipper on one of my tall boots broke. The zipper came off the track and separated and I can't fix it. The same thing happened to the other boot and I had the zipper replaced by a shoe repair guy. The problem is that I will be at a horse show on Saturday and the shoe repair guy is closed on Thursdays and Fridays. He has weird hours. Is there anything I can do at this point besides try to find a pair I can borrow or duck tape them together for my ride? It is probably unlikely I can even find a teammates to borrow since I have size 6 feet, super short legs and really wide calves. I swear this Christmas I am sucking it up and buying some nice tall boots for once.

Find another shoe guy fast.

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
    Find another shoe guy fast.
    I go to college in a very small town three hours away from any major city and one hour away from any other shoe repair guy besides the one I use. Oh the joys of going to school in a tiny college town.

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    I go to college in a very small town three hours away from any major city and one hour away from any other shoe repair guy besides the one I use. Oh the joys of going to school in a tiny college town.
    Worst case scenario: Get black thick-band duct tape and get someone to hold your boot together and wrap it from top to bottom. It'll feel like s***, but it'll hold it together.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    Today the zipper on one of my tall boots broke. The zipper came off the track and separated and I can't fix it. The same thing happened to the other boot and I had the zipper replaced by a shoe repair guy. The problem is that I will be at a horse show on Saturday and the shoe repair guy is closed on Thursdays and Fridays. He has weird hours. Is there anything I can do at this point besides try to find a pair I can borrow or duck tape them together for my ride? It is probably unlikely I can even find a teammates to borrow since I have size 6 feet, super short legs and really wide calves. I swear this Christmas I am sucking it up and buying some nice tall boots for once.
    where are you located ?

We have a Hakky Instant Shoe Repair franchise store in our Mall. They have put new soles and heals on my field boots and replaced zippers. Done a good job and was fast.

Google "Hakky Instant Shoe Repair" to see if you have a store within in driving distance.

Black electrical tape works well in a pinch and is less obvious than duct tape. I keep a roll in my trailer!!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Black Gorilla Tape till you can get them repaired.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"