The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spanish Riding School Now Offering Training and Seminars

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Oh Well now Mke:
    But of course they would, why not. Now that I am old, can barely hear anymore, have blurry vision, broke and feel like my body is going to shatter in a million pieces everytime I throw a leg over a horse, of coure they are ready to accept other riders. Day late and a dollar short.

Thanks a heap SRS. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by kaluha2 View Post
    Oh Well now Mke:
    But of course they would, why not. Now that I am old, can barely hear anymore, have blurry vision, broke and feel like my body is going to shatter in a million pieces everytime I throw a leg over a horse, of coure they are ready to accept other riders. Day late and a dollar short.

Thanks a heap SRS. LOL!
    LOL. I know actually what you mean. I felt the same way when I found out that now you can get college scholarships for riding!

GAH! Must.go.to.Austria.now. Anyone care to contribute to the 'let's help Monica get to the Spanish riding School' COTH fund?
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

This will be a big boost to the local economy.

Too bad they can't give a corrospondance course yet. No not joking, with a laptop set up on the usual instructors chair and a cell phone/microphone taped to your helmet, it is feasible to get a lesson from a european master. Heck he/she could give the lesson while in his pajamas and slippers sipping cocoa.

Ain't technology great?
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

1 members found this post helpful.

Talking

When they develop a special division for the geriatric set, I'll be there.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    This will be a big boost to the local economy.

Too bad they can't give a corrospondance course yet. No not joking, with a laptop set up on the usual instructors chair and a cell phone/microphone taped to your helmet, it is feasible to get a lesson from a european master. Heck he/she could give the lesson while in his pajamas and slippers sipping cocoa.

Ain't technology great?
    honestly i am not sure why this hasnt taken off yet.... with the technology we have right now there could be remote lessons....

anyone want to work on this with me? we could do a website like the video sites - except you sign up for a lesson with X trainer at X time..... that would be SO COOL! it would take the barrier out of finding good trainers.....