Default Kitty Almost Gave Me a Coronary

It was amusing afterwards ...

I was in our small bathroom, brusing my teeth, alone in the house.

Door was slightly ajar.

I heard THUMP THUMP THUMP like footsteps, and the bathroom door bangs open and hits me in the shoulder.

For a millisecond I thought someone had broken in my house, and was about to murder me.

Then I saw Mr. Hobbes behind me, who was clearly pleased at how that trick had worked! Bodyslamming the door with a full 6 pounds of kitty fury was very fun. (The thumping beforehand was him jumping, or something, I am not even sure how he made all that noise).

That and ankle grabbing in the dark are two pretty fun kitty activities in our house. Along with hanging out when people are showering, and attacking the dog' s hind legs.

You never know. When departed cat was 15 yrs old, she had ACL surgery and had her leg in a cast. I confined her to my bedroom for two weeks. I came in one day and she in rose up on her hind legs, one in that cast, grabbed the handle and swung her body right and left and turned the handle.

She obviously was well practiced at it, but I had never seen her do it in all those years. I guess she was so desperate she was willing to let me see her secret skills.
    So, body slamming and impersonating a human is entirely possible, just be thankful she has shown her secret skill now, not 10 years from now when she would really scare you because " it couldn't possible the cat".

I was sitting in our kitchen years ago, and the fried chicken box started moving across the floor. I just KNEW a poltergeist had invaded our house. Nope, it was big fat orange kitty stuck in the box as he tried to get the last crispy fried crumbs. Can't say that I blame him!

One of my cats has STOMPED since he was a kitten. I swear, he sounds like a man walking across the floor. He used to give me scares before I was used to him.

He weighs about 15 lbs now but I swear he stomped just as loudly as a itty bitty kitten. I think it's a gift or something with him.

I was staying at a friend's house once, and he warned me that their cat was evil and would bite any stranger who tried to pet him. Well I had just finished taking a shower when I hear bumping from nearby. I figure, Hmm must be the pipes or something? But as I'm toweling my hair the linen closet door starts rattling. Oh shit, is someone here? Did his little brother hide out in the closet? Gross!....Wrapping the towel firmly around me I open the door to said eebil kitteh, who darts out and looks at me and then the bathroom door. Of course I let him out, apparently rescuing him from being steamed alive. From then on that cat was attached to me.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

I had a stomper, too. Still miss him.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

When our Milo was a wee kitten, his favorite game was to run as fast as his little legs could carry him down the hall and LAUNCH himself at the shower curtain. He'd hang there like a bat for a few moments, eyes the size of dinner plates, twitching like a crack addict, then leap off, run out of the bathroom , slide down the stair rail and land on the head of the poor soul watching TV on the couch.

The first time he did it, he took the whole shower curtain and rod down on my head. I had no clue what was happening. One moment I'm in the shower, minding my own business, and the next I'm being attacked by a shower curtain and orange kitten. Scared the bojangles out of me.

We then screwed the shower rod into the wall and bought a heavy duty curtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    I had a stomper, too. Still miss him.
    They do grow on you. It's kind of nice to be able to id which ever cat is walking up to you. I can just about id every cat I have by what they sound like walking but my stomper is a no brainer.

Sorry you don't have your stomper any more.