The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Well done! Your tenacity really paid off. I was surprised to read such a positive outcome, and encouraged to see how Ebay made it right.
    Hindsight bad, foresight good.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Well done! Your tenacity really paid off. I was surprised to read such a positive outcome, and encouraged to see how Ebay made it right.
    ^^This^^

Personally, from past experience of positive resolutions, I had faith in Ebay/PayPal. You just have to stick to your guns, stay sane and reasonable, and let it play out.

UPS has always done right by me, but we currently have a claim that is not being handled satisfactorily, and my husband has a list of dates and times UPS Customer Service has "disconnected" him Woe unto them...

USPS: now their claim systems SUCKS. Last time I dealt with them, this is how it works...

Say you have purchased a gumball machine for $150. The glass in the globe gets broken. The machine as a whole is worth $150, but the globe itself is only worth $50, making the unbreakable parts worth $100 on their own. They take the entire box and contents, later find in your favor for the $50, keep the $100 machine which goes to a large clearing house to be auctioned off at a later date with their other insured but now devalued items.

No Shit. We don't use them anymore.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

New Update! Sold for 2,000 on horseclicks yesterday! YAY! I have decided to keep $600(Samson is getting a new winter wardrobe). And then the 1300 is going to a nearby horse rescue. They are having a hard time recusing horses this year because of feed prices. I think $1400 will help out a lot!

12 members found this post helpful.

That is incredibly generous of you! The rescue will be very grateful! I am glad this turned out so well!

very generous indeed! Truly I think you're a better person than I am, because I'm not sure I wouldn't have just kept the money as a nice unexpected present...

2 members found this post helpful.

What an awesome ending to all of the nonsense you had to go through! That definitely brings a smile to my face

Way to go OP! So glad your perseverance paid off – and how nice of you to make that donation!

Glad you won, OP. Too bad the buyer got away with it, though. She's probably done it before, and I bet she will do it again since she gets away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganJumper848 View Post
    New Update! Sold for 2,000 on horseclicks yesterday! YAY! I have decided to keep $600(Samson is getting a new winter wardrobe). And then the 1300 is going to a nearby horse rescue. They are having a hard time recusing horses this year because of feed prices. I think $1400 will help out a lot!
    Lucky for the horse rescue and your newly outfitted horse the saddle was not as worthless as you had claimed.
    Last edited by Bristol Bay; Nov. 29, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Explain how you get flocking into or out of a saddle without slits in the panels.

It isn't just some random Internet saddle fitter, it's people with County experience.

I am just saying that if the OP has the saddle back in her possession, and if she could get $2600 for it if she re-listed it or consigned it, then maybe it's not fair to keep the buyer's money.

Some of you here are saying she should not take it back. But she already did.

OP, this all sounds like a really bad experience, but honestly, you think that saddle is now worthless?
    Huh...funny how I've had at least six other saddles reflocked by three completely unconnected fitters and NONE of them have had slits cut into them. One Stubben, one Barnsby, four Albions. Is this some sort of a "County thing" no one else will understand?

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    Huh...funny how I've had at least six other saddles reflocked by three completely unconnected fitters and NONE of them have had slits cut into them. One Stubben, one Barnsby, four Albions. Is this some sort of a "County thing" no one else will understand?
    I have seen County and non-county fitters cut slits to flock through. NOT my preferred practice but it's widely done.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

This thread is 8 months old.

It was still a good read and really solidifies why I refuse to use paypal.
    Chambermaid to....
    The Black Pearl (Lilly)
    Queen Anne's Revenge (Khione)
    My other hobby http://darkwingimages.instaproofs.com/store/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    This thread is 8 months old.
    That may be but another thread currently running in Off Course is pointing people here.

1 members found this post helpful.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a saddle on eBay right now and worry about this stuff. What I really worry about is someone buying it, saying it is damaged and was not represented properly, intentionally damaging it, and then filing a dispute. At that point I'm going to end up out the money and with a broken saddle.
    *CrowneDragon*
    As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowneDragon View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I have a saddle on eBay right now and worry about this stuff. What I really worry about is someone buying it, saying it is damaged and was not represented properly, intentionally damaging it, and then filing a dispute. At that point I'm going to end up out the money and with a broken saddle.
    If you are really worried about it, take the saddle to a tack store and have it inspected and documented. Otherwise, take lots of photos!
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    That may be but another thread currently running in Off Course is pointing people here.
    My bad, sorry.

I'm glad it was bumped up; a very interesting read here on a lazy morning!

Hear hear! But I just fought tooth and nail over a saddle sale, and despite two documents (from the manufacturer, and a saddle fitter) describing how the "Defect" was actually the place you add flocking -- she gets a full refund after keeping my saddle over a month, and I get a saddle that may or may not be in its original condition... I am beyond angry.
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders

I know this is an old thread but a current, relevant theme. I am a buyer (364 and counting) but have never sold. I bought 3 saddles, bridles, boots, show coats ect and have had issues in 1% of my buys. The reason I buy a lot on ebay is the buyer protection. I am out the money that day and rely on a scrupulous seller. I word about no returns. To me, as long as it is in the 30 day window and it is because the item is misrepresented, ebay will refund my money. My only 2 claims were from scammer sellers.