Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I'm sorry you have to go through this OP. Buyers who are dishonest ruin things for the honest buyers. I bet the saddle didn't fit or she had buyers remorse and those aren't true reasons to return a saddle.

I was kinda hoping this was a narrow so I could PM you about it. I'm on the hunt for more saddles now that I have added another horse to the stable. Best of luck in this transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    @gold2012: that's terrible. Does ebay/paypal have any mechanism currently where the buyer is not refunded until the seller gets the item back?
    I had purchased a Green Bay Packers jersey that was most definitely not as described (number etc were supposed to be stitched, were actually screen printed...was supposed to be NWOT, just reeked of cigarette smoke and screen print was starting to come off).

Anyway, fought with seller and returned it. eBay requires tracking on the item when you send it back and it's been confirmed delivered and the seller has had a day or two to look it over they are required to refund you.

At least that's how my experience went.

Default Buyer is screwing you

That saddle looks in excellent shape.
    She just regrets paying 26. hundred dollars.
    I hate Ebay, If I cant sell something from local ads or word of mouth then I won't touch Ebay.
    Saddle cord.. sheesh.. Looks great to me. People are so dishonest! Sorry for all your trouble, hope you get it resolved.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sempiternal View Post
    I had purchased a Green Bay Packers jersey that was most definitely not as described (number etc were supposed to be stitched, were actually screen printed...was supposed to be NWOT, just reeked of cigarette smoke and screen print was starting to come off).

Anyway, fought with seller and returned it. eBay requires tracking on the item when you send it back and it's been confirmed delivered and the seller has had a day or two to look it over they are required to refund you.

At least that's how my experience went.
    Except you can throw anything in a box with a tracking number and claim you sent back the item. I've heard horror stories of sellers getting back boxes of old newspapers etc. instead of the sold item.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

omg. i think i get what the buyer is saying re the "saddle cord" if you look at the pics of the saddle, you can indeed, see that the cord ends short of the flap - but it is designed that way! i wonder if the buyer doesn't know that or is using it as an excuse?

wow.

OP - if i were you i would just nicely take the saddle back and relist it... that way you have control...... and if you relist do so with a trial period

using a trial period i have only once ever had a saddle returned.

good luck.

THAT is the "saddle cord"??? OK, weird. I wonder if it isn't the same way on the other side.

Thanks OP, I was having a hard time picturing some piece of crap Country. Definitely not the case here. Very nice looking saddle.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    omg. i think i get what the buyer is saying re the "saddle cord" if you look at the pics of the saddle, you can indeed, see that the cord ends short of the flap - but it is designed that way! i wonder if the buyer doesn't know that or is using it as an excuse?.
    If you meant the 'rolled leather piping in front of the panel', I don't think that's what the *buyer* was talking about.
    The supportive cord that goes between the saddle panels and the seat is about 2 inches not installed on the left side.
    I think it could be the stitching underneath the panels, could look like one big cord..., that could either be loose and uneven. Which would also explain the 'weak seat webbing'.... ???
    -It is easier to reflock when the webbing is not too tight.-

Really I don't know.

Looks like this saddle is in a pristine condition.

Quote Originally Posted by alibi_18 View Post
    If you meant the 'rolled leather piping in front of the panel', I don't think that's what the *buyer* was talking about.

I think it could be the stitching underneath the panels, could look like one big cord..., that could either be loose and uneven. Which would also explain the 'weak seat webbing'.... ???
    -It is easier to reflock when the webbing is not too tight.-

Really I don't know.

Looks like this saddle is in a pristine condition.
    The saddle barely looks used. It was used twice a week for 8 months and I clean and condition my saddles like they are gold. I am a perfectionist. See why I have a hard time believing there is something wrong with it? It looks perfect.

Thumbs down ebay / PayPal screws sellers

I too was a victim of PayPal. Buyer didn't like the shipping method they paid for, and PayPal was going to give buyer a full refund, even though the buyer received the product (a bicycle)!

I as seller was going to be out the $ and the product! Its easy for buyers to abuse this system.

NEVER again... I don't use PayPal or ebay any more.
    APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Except you can throw anything in a box with a tracking number and claim you sent back the item. I've heard horror stories of sellers getting back boxes of old newspapers etc. instead of the sold item.
    Seriously. That's pretty sad. I don't understand how people can do things like that to someone else.

This is unfortunately not an option for Ebay, where PayPal is required, but for private party sales check out Amazon Payments. I just used it for the first time to sell a few saddles....NO FEES! It's the same as PayPal...you type in an email address, the amount you want to send, and how you want to fund it. (Bank, credit, etc) Then you can use the money to shop on Amazon, or you can have it sent to your bank account.

I was very happy not to lose a giant chunk of change off the top of my already fire-saled saddles.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have bought and sold many saddles on eBay. However, I don't like the way that eBay has changed over the years and put all the power in the hands of buyers.

I sold a saddle in the spring for $1600. It was a good deal for the buyer but I never heard from them -- they had signed for the package but never answered any of my emails to make sure they had received it/liked it. I really wondered if they were going to send it back.

I've decided not to list on eBay anymore. When I sold another saddle it was on eventingnation.com's classified site. I will probably buy on eBay but it's not worth the uncertainty of selling.

My saddle did not come back but I never heard a peep from the buyer.
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

Seriously. That's pretty sad. I don't understand how people can do things like that to someone else.
    For the record, I am not suggesting anyone do something so dishonest. I'm just saying... it happens...
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I have bought and sold many saddles on eBay. However, I don't like the way that eBay has changed over the years and put all the power in the hands of buyers.

I sold a saddle in the spring for $1600. It was a good deal for the buyer but I never heard from them -- they had signed for the package but never answered any of my emails to make sure they had received it/liked it. I really wondered if they were going to send it back.

I've decided not to list on eBay anymore. When I sold another saddle it was on eventingnation.com's classified site. I will probably buy on eBay but it's not worth the uncertainty of selling.

My saddle did not come back but I never heard a peep from the buyer.
    Some people just don't follow up. That happens to me a lot. I don't think it has anything to do with dissatisfaction. Some people view eBay just like a store. You don't call up Best Buy to tell them you liked your TV so people don't bother getting back in touch with an eBay seller either.
    ~Veronica

For the record, I am not suggesting anyone do something so dishonest. I'm just saying... it happens...
    I get that. I was just expressing my disappointment with some members of the human race (the people who seem to be able to do something dishonest and seemingly not feel bad about it).

I get that. I was just expressing my disappointment with some members of the human race (the people who seem to be able to do something dishonest and seemingly not feel bad about it).
    I just feel bad because on this thread I've been laying out what I think is going to happen (OP will lose the dispute) not because *I* think she is wrong (I don't) but because that's what way the cookie crumbles. And it also crumbles that there are awful dishonest people who know full well how to game the eBay system
    ~Veronica

I just want to say that's my DREAM saddle... wish I had some spare cash! OP, that situation really stinks. I say take the saddle back and sell it on fineusedsaddles. I sold a County there once and while it took a little while she got me more than I would have expected.... and way more than I spent buying it on ebay in the first place.

And after seeing what paypal did to that violin seller (in the link someone posted earlier), I don't think I'll ever sell anything valuable on ebay again... yikes!

I just feel bad because on this thread I've been laying out what I think is going to happen (OP will lose the dispute) not because *I* think she is wrong (I don't) but because that's what way the cookie crumbles. And it also crumbles that there are awful dishonest people who know full well how to game the eBay system
    At this point, I just hope she gets the saddle back in the same shape that it was sent.

And I do agree, eBay/paypal will more than likely side with the buyer.

I had a lady that was pissed with me for shipping a saddle from Oregon via UPS (which is how the ad said it would be shipped) and needing a signature. She never left feedback and never told me if the saddle was in acceptable condition. It was a long few weeks.

I sell the occasional saddle (commission or otherwise) and I just HATE ebay! Its the best exposure, but the fees are UNREAL. And Paypal... sigh. Wish there was an equestrian only auction site!
    Standing Nasiriya - 17h JC registered stallion
    http://www.DonovanFarm.com
    Looking to buy or sell Horse Property? Contact me!
    www.TexasEquestrianProperties.com

update?