The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CANTER NE Suffolk Showcase-Sunday, October 14

Hi all! It's that time of year again!

Looking for a new horse? Mark your calendars for the 7th Annual Suffolk Showcase on Sunday, October 14, 8:30 AM – Noon.

Join us on the backstretch of Suffolk Downs for Suffolk Showcase! The Suffolk Downs racing meet ends on October 31, so the need to find new homes comes much earlier than in years past.

By attending Suffolk Showcase you will:

• See 60+ the horses on the direct trainer listings in the flesh
    • Get a catalog of horses available for sale with information on the horse
    • Have the opportunity to speak with trainers or owners directly
    • Be able to visit the horses in their barns
    • Be wowed by a horse you hadn’t even considered on the website
    • Have fun viewing several amazing Thoroughbreds ready for their next career!

CANTER volunteers will be available to assist buyers throughout the day.

So, spread the word, make plans to come on October 14, bring lots of people with you, and don’t forget some cash and a horse trailer to take home your newest pony!

For more information please contact volunteer Jennifer at canterne.events@gmail.com or 617-207-1238

bumping up! Who's coming?

This really is a fun day. The horses are something in the flesh, they are in well taken care of racing form. I last went down about 8 years ago and bought my second ottb. His picture had not been posted yet. He is a wow horse with an adorable face that shows his good heart. It was love at first sight.

An interesting story came out of that. The vet checking him for me got all excited to find I was from Rockport. He told me he had clients who have a summer home in Rockport, and their colt was going to win the Kentucky Derby next year, and they had named him Rockport Harbor after our town. No one in our area had any idea. When Rocky started winning big stakes races in January, I tipped off the paper. It was quite exciting. It seemed like a movie, and it almost did happen.

Great story. And thanks for the nice words. I always say the pictures on the website can never do them justice, Showcase is such a good opportunity!

Morning bump for the OTTBs!

Bump! Anyone planning on coming to Showcase? Please spread the word--some GREAT prospects for sale!

I have had my eye on "Pomtizzy" since the day she went up...my question is, there's no "Pomtizzy" anywhere in the TB world...who is she?

Also...should I be worried about her? I don't need another horse, AT ALL. But if her trainer is...umm...less than concerned about the landing spots for their retiring horses, then I may see a tiny TB mare in my future. (Since the 3yo Fingerlakes baby from last year has grown into a GIANT...at least to me, at 5'2''! )

Funny, because this is actually something we're trying to clean up--the trainer is, well, hard to understand, frankly. I'll message you as soon as I know more!

Quote Originally Posted by InquiringMinos View Post
    Funny, because this is actually something we're trying to clean up--the trainer is, well, hard to understand, frankly. I'll message you as soon as I know more!
    Thank you!

I took Pomtizzy's listing (though we're still trying to get her name spelled correctly) and I do have to say she is adorable! My OTTB mare is that size and I found her thru CANTER years ago & I wouldn't trade her for the world so don't her small size bother you - she's definitely pony cute!
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Quote Originally Posted by InquiringMinos View Post
    Hi all! It's that time of year again!

By attending Suffolk Showcase you will:

• See 60+ the horses on the direct trainer listings in the flesh
    • Get a catalog of horses available for sale with information on the horse
    • Have the opportunity to speak with trainers or owners directly
    • Be able to visit the horses in their barns
    • Be wowed by a horse you hadn’t even considered on the website
    • Have fun viewing several amazing Thoroughbreds ready for their next career!

For more information please contact volunteer Jennifer at canterne.events@gmail.com or 617-207-1238
    It sounds so cool, wish I could be there! You guys are amazing to get this organized. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the big day!

don't worry, you won't be there alone...... I posted this thread and it seems you will have a little bit of company :-)

I also know that a bunch of ladies from the barn are going, at least one of whom is actually horse shopping!!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=370132

So good to hear--the more the merrier!