The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bit of Britian Rubberized Zipper Pulls

They seem like a great idea so I ordered some which arrived today. I can not for the life of me get them through the little teeny hole on the zipper. Yes, I'm using the correct end. Anybody have any advice? My fingers and boots will thank you!

Try threading a string through the zipper, then through the pull and back through the zipper. Then use the string to thread the pull through the zipper, rather than trying to push it through.

Alas, Twisting, I had already tried that. The silly thing is just too thick to fit through the hole I think. I'm sending an email off to BOB. Vbunny I will check those out - they are quite pretty although they seem large. I was hoping not to have to take them on and off the boot. Thanks for the info in any case and I will see what the folks at BOB have to say. There has to be some simple thing I am missing....

I had to laugh when I saw this thread....a couple months ago I was having the same problem. My husband and I stared at them, for hours it seemed, until I finally figured them out.

You have to take the end, fold it in half or even smaller, and slip it through the tiny end of the zipper. They hang a bit crooked but that is the only way they were going on my Ovation boots.

Quote Originally Posted by vbunny View Post
    These are nice! Next time I will definitely check these out instead.

Apparently I did not read your post for comprehension...I guess you figured as much out as we did. It was a beeeotch getting them through, my fingers hurt afterward. I have no advice for you other than I feel your pain!

They just snap on and off, super easy. I use mine every day and it's helped a lot.